Closed Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

My MIL (& SIL) told DF that we shouldn't have told them we had an ectopic pregnancy because it upset them and ruined their day - amongst other nasty things such as, because the baby wasn't planned & we aren't yet married, it was a blessing.

Needless to say, DF didn't speak to his mother for months & still doesn't speak to his sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL has started telling DD (3yo) that her manners/behaviour is WAY better than her two elder cousins. So of course now DD has started repeating what she's been told, IN FRONT OF cousin 1 & 2. Yeah, it's awkward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBH View Post
    My MIL (& SIL) told DF that we shouldn't have told them we had an ectopic pregnancy because it upset them and ruined their day - amongst other nasty things such as, because the baby wasn't planned & we aren't yet married, it was a blessing.

Needless to say, DF didn't speak to his mother for months & still doesn't speak to his sister.
    OMG that is the most awful thing I have ever heard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleBH View Post

Wow ChelleBH... Your inlaws sound like mine! Nasty pieces of work!

I had an ectopic pregnancy requiring emergency surgery. My sil and I were pregnant at the same time! (She was a month ahead of me) My mil piped up after my surgery and said "oh it wasn't meant to be...at least it happened to you and not (sil) K!"

To say I was infuriated was an underestimate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

Skye Baby  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow

Some of these comments are just so out of line, I'm gobsmacked

Hugs to all who have a hurtful MIL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mega hugs to all of you with mother in laws from hell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    Wow ChelleBH... Your inlaws sound like mine! Nasty pieces of work!

I had an ectopic pregnancy requiring emergency surgery. My sil and I were pregnant at the same time! (She was a month ahead of me) My mil piped up after my surgery and said "oh it wasn't meant to be...at least it happened to you and not (sil) K!"

To say I was infuriated was an underestimate!
    wow!!
    did she mean it that way? or is it that SIL struggled to get pregnant? or it was their first kid and not your first?

not that it would make her comment any less terrible and heartless than it was but just wondering where that comment came from?!

maybe pure nastiness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    wow!!
    did she mean it that way? or is it that SIL struggled to get pregnant? or it was their first kid and not your first?

not that it would make her comment any less terrible and heartless than it was but just wondering where that comment came from?!

maybe pure nastiness
    It was SILs first kid. She fell first month trying.
    I already had DD, but still...
    Plus it took me years to conceive!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post
    It was SILs first kid. She fell first month trying.
    I already had DD, but still...
    Plus it took me years to conceive!!!
    yeap very awful comment. I think I would have cried and slapped her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.....I am completely gob smacked at the MILs you have to put up with.
    My MIL is no angel, but she certainly seems like it in comparison to most of yours.
    This is not about my MIL, but her MIL, so my GMIL. My FIL is the only son in his family, so he is the "Golden Child", no woman was ever going to be good enough etc. they have been married for 35 years, and just a few years ago they were having a disagreement about something (I can definitely say it wasn't an argument because my MIL is a passive person) and she told my MIL to go back to where she came from! She meant it in a racist way, but had forgotten that my MIL was actually born here, so she said "what, back up my mums vagina?" It was the funniest thing ever!
    When my DD was born she didn't make it down to the hospital for a visit, so a few weeks after, my MIL invited her over for dinner where she proceeded to ask us why we hadn't chosen a prettier name for DD!
    She constantly belittles my MIL about not being "smart" and talks up her daughters and how smart they are. Her "smartest" daughter is a librarian for Christs sake (that statement in no way means that I think librarians are dumb, I'm pretty much just trying to say that none of her kids are brain surgeons or anything).
    I could go on, but my fingers will get sore with all the typing.

Hugs to all of you putting up with horrendous MILs.