Closed Thread
Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not a mil one (despite her general behaviour sometimes, she was actually always really lovely to me), but a bil one.

Dh was told before we met it would be a miracle if he ever fathered a child- im not sure on exact details but from bits he has said it was something to do with his sperm count. We desperately wanted a boy and had 2 dd's already. When bil and his gf announced their 1st pregnancy we were thrilled for them, they had a baby girl and dh and bil joked now its a race to see who has the first boy. I fell pregnant with dd3, another girl. Then found out i was pregnant with dd4. Bil's gf found out she was pregnant and due 5 weeks after me. We found out we were having another girl and tbh I didnt take it well and although dh was upset too he tried not to show it. Bil and the gf knew how we felt. A few weeks later bil and gf announced they were having a boy. And then bil said to dh "who is the manliest *last name* now!". It was said in a half joking half put down way and dh was crushed. Not because we didnt have a boy, but because it was mentioned to us not long before that apparently males with low sperm count have higher chances of having a girl and dh felt like he had let us down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Not a mil one (despite her general behaviour sometimes, she was actually always really lovely to me), but a bil one.

Dh was told before we met it would be a miracle if he ever fathered a child- im not sure on exact details but from bits he has said it was something to do with his sperm count. We desperately wanted a boy and had 2 dd's already. When bil and his gf announced their 1st pregnancy we were thrilled for them, they had a baby girl and dh and bil joked now its a race to see who has the first boy. I fell pregnant with dd3, another girl. Then found out i was pregnant with dd4. Bil's gf found out she was pregnant and due 5 weeks after me. We found out we were having another girl and tbh I didnt take it well and although dh was upset too he tried not to show it. Bil and the gf knew how we felt. A few weeks later bil and gf announced they were having a boy. And then bil said to dh "who is the manliest *last name* now!". It was said in a half joking half put down way and dh was crushed. Not because we didnt have a boy, but because it was mentioned to us not long before that apparently males with low sperm count have higher chances of having a girl and dh felt like he had let us down.
    Siblings can me so mean sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Omg who openly admits to regretting having children?
    Ummm my mum. I'm one of four kids and she has openly and constantly told all four of us 'to have only one kid just for the Will'. Cause you know your house and whatever else you have has to go to someone after you die. And how she wished she had taken her advice. Way to go mum in making your children feel good. But as it was for her it was impossible as her first children were twins.

Guess her advice has fallen on deaf ears as she is a grandmother to 13 children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That reminds me of SIL getting DP a Fathers Day present 😕 (which I find odd to begin with) but she gave it to him in front of me & made him open it in front of me...
    It made me feel horrible, Im not saying I want presents or anything but definitely need recognition that I am the mother of my son, I don't think she even sent me a text saying "Happy Mothers Day". Im sorry but you wouldn't even have a nephew if it weren't for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I first me MIL (DH and I were already engaged), she took to me really fast. We went over every week and she would take me outside and chat to me, tell me about her problems (she has noone else to tell, and I like her so why not).
    Then one day she started telling me about when DH met his ex. How she was his soulmate yadda yadda. And that even though after DSD was born (IVF) they had problems, why would God bless them with DSS (natural) if they were not meant to be together... This was 3 weeks before our wedding.
    Now, I know she detests DH's ex... but she really can't understand why, after the struggle it took to get DSD, DSS would be so easy to conceive (accident).

I was shocked and then reminded her that DSS was a nightmare until age 5 (reflux, colic, clingy, whingy, etc) and that probably added to their problems.

She has never mentioned it again. DH swears he never thought of his ex as a soulmate, but can't recall if he said it or not (DH had already been divorced once when he met his ex, so he had to convince his parent to come to the second wedding.... they didn't need anything other than an invite for ours though ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Not quite as bad but when we told BIL we were expecting number 2 he just said 'oh'. And sat there is silence. So awkward :/
    That was my PILs reaction too. I felt soooooo bad for DH
    He was so excited to become a dad again and his parents reaction (or lack off) crushed him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default SH!T my MIL says

Quote Originally Posted by tw1nmummy View Post
    Whilst we're on the topic of SIL's lol

DH only has 1 sister and she's gay and quite emotionally up and down and strange (as a person not because of her orientation) MIL has pestered her to have her own child and it wigs SIL. The first time we announced I was preg she went all quiet and weird. This time when we announced I was 7 weeks preg at the time she poked her head around the corner with a creepy uncomfortable look on her face and goes ..... 'Eeeeeeeewww what was 7 weeks ago' and proceeded to count back to the date we 'did it' on instead of just not be a creeper about it and go Oh wow another niece/nephew lol

Made me feel incredibly uncomfortable as it was infront of everyone. Awkward!
    Plus she should have counted 5 weeks ago

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (06-01-2015),Oblena  (05-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Not quite as bad but when we told BIL we were expecting number 2 he just said 'oh'. And sat there is silence. So awkward :/
    Oh gosh I know this feeling. Whwn we told MIL and Step FIL that we were expecting DS2, after a loss and 12 months TTC their reaction was literally "oh, another one" and thats it. And they wonder why DH doesnt ever want to see or be around them with comments like that.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We told MIL we were pregnant (her first grandchild from her son), she looked at us and immediately said "Wasn't that tsunami terrible". Told her a couple of days after the boxing day tsunami in Thailand, she never congratulated us or acknowledged the pregnancy.

For years now if someone says something we don't want to hear DH or I just say 'How was that tsunami?' Lol

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (05-01-2015),KitiK  (06-01-2015),kriista  (05-01-2015),LaDiDah  (03-02-2015),MaximumStarlight  (13-04-2015),MissusMac  (06-01-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (05-01-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (05-01-2015),Mod-Uniquey  (05-01-2015),peanutmonkey  (05-01-2015),Whirligig  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Full House; 14-01-2015 at 06:47.