Closed Thread
Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just got a guilt trip from MIL about her Mum (so DH's Nanna) not having met our DD (12weeks old) and her being lonely at Christmas time! She said how lovely it was of SIL to put photos up on FB of our kids & that Nanna would love them... Ummmm I'm sure she sees all the photos I put up of the kids, I'm not sending individual photos to everyone!!

Seriously why is it my responsibility, She's DH's Nanna & he doesn't call her (she lives 3hrs away) even though I encourage him to keep in contact with his family & MIL lives over 15hrs drive from her... At the moment FIL is away so we have no where to stay in DH's home town & travelling with 2 kids is not easy, why do these woman who have had kids forget what it's like??

Over it! I'm sick of making effort with his family & getting nothing back!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Just got a guilt trip from MIL about her Mum (so DH's Nanna) not having met our DD (12weeks old) and her being lonely at Christmas time! She said how lovely it was of SIL to put photos up on FB of our kids & that Nanna would love them... Ummmm I'm sure she sees all the photos I put up of the kids, I'm not sending individual photos to everyone!!

Seriously why is it my responsibility, She's DH's Nanna & he doesn't call her (she lives 3hrs away) even though I encourage him to keep in contact with his family & MIL lives over 15hrs drive from her... At the moment FIL is away so we have no where to stay in DH's home town & travelling with 2 kids is not easy, why do these woman who have had kids forget what it's like??

Over it! I'm sick of making effort with his family & getting nothing back!
    My ILs are like this - DH never made an effort to contact them before he & I met, he doesn't really get along with his family. But now that he & I are together, and he doesn't make an effort to contact them, it's because I'm a horrible bish who is keeping him from them.... :what:

His family = his effort to make!

When we first met I used to encourage him to make more effort for his family, until I realized that they are really not nice people (mostly just the SILs), so now I understand why he never made an effort and I don't encourage him anymore :/
    Last edited by littlelove; 30-12-2014 at 11:22.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

AmyEL  (30-12-2014),KitiK  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    No excuse, other than being a total cow. I've given up on her completely. We have gone out of our way in recent times to help her through a really rough patch but all she's worried about is my inability to mother a child.
    I'm sure distancing yourself from her is wise, especially if you are undergoing fertility treatments etc. The whole TTC process is hard enough as it is, without taking on other people's problem personalities to worry about.

Who knows, perhaps a giant worm will emerge from her head one day, leaving a kind and thoughtful person in place of the person she is today? Unlikely, but the mental image might help in the meantime!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clbj For This Useful Post:

vampstorso  (30-12-2014)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm pregnant with my first baby, DF has a daughter already that nobody in the family sees because DF's ex won't allow it.

We told MIL that I am pregnant on Christmas Day and that she will have another grandchild...
    Her response was: for how long this time?

She then proceeds to shoot me a death stare. Yes woman, cause I took your grandchild away from you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    I'm pregnant with my first baby, DF has a daughter already that nobody in the family sees because DF's ex won't allow it.

We told MIL that I am pregnant on Christmas Day and that she will have another grandchild...
    Her response was: for how long this time?

She then proceeds to shoot me a death stare. Yes woman, cause I took your grandchild away from you!!
    Oh my gosh. What a terrible thing to say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    XMas was fun! Got into a discussion about her diet,that she has completely made up for herself on her naturopaths advice.Is now gluten free because anything with yeast makes mould build up in your body.And our bodies are FULL of mould.No preseratives and has to check every food label and question us about everythng we eat.Meanwhile my FIL is sooo gaunt everyone thinks he is terminally ill because she dictates what he eats.
    They're having major money issues and are making it worse spending their money on hippy **** and expensive food!!
    Boxing Day she rings to ask us to put in for her to buy a new bedroom suite!!!!!! We bought a new house and need to move in a few weeks,all our money is going to that!!! we were paying her to clean as we settle on the same day,but all she did was complain how long it would take! Luckily DH lost the plot a her....saved me a job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    This isn't something she says but basically I'm having vent about something she does.

She puts pictures of DS up in facebook but never tags me in them. She puts pictures of family holding DS up but I'm never ever in them. My mum goes to great efforts to make sure DP is included in family photos and that he is tagged etc. mil never includes me in ANY photos. It seems like DS is hers and I just happen to be his mother IYKWM. It really irritates me and DP never says anything! Grrrr...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    This isn't something she says but basically I'm having vent about something she does.

She puts pictures of DS up in facebook but never tags me in them. She puts pictures of family holding DS up but I'm never ever in them. My mum goes to great efforts to make sure DP is included in family photos and that he is tagged etc. mil never includes me in ANY photos. It seems like DS is hers and I just happen to be his mother IYKWM. It really irritates me and DP never says anything! Grrrr...
    MIL just cuts me out of photos!!! She crops them till I'm gone! Then puts them in frames and on FB!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    MIL just cuts me out of photos!!! She crops them till I'm gone! Then puts them in frames and on FB!
    :saywhat: what with these women? I vow right this second to make any future DIL feel like family. It's just the worst feeling.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (01-01-2015),MsViking  (05-01-2015),NurseAnni  (31-12-2014),waterlily  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    (Christmas day vent)
    Bil and Sil have 5 kids, they are MILs faves we have dd-thats 6 n total... was a little insulting for my dd when she announced that she was putting $100 in to taking her favourite kids out for a day and then gave dd nothing