Closed Thread
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Deleted... Changed my mind a bit too revealing
    Last edited by yadot; 29-12-2014 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    On Christmas Day my MIL came out with this.

MIL: DH must be so disappointed.
    Me: why
    MIL: because you haven't given him a baby yet.
    Me: (stunned silence and walked away)

Thanks you silly old cow but it's not for lack of trying!!!!
    Was she drunk? Concussed? Infected with a brain-altering parasite? Possessed by spirits?

I'm just trying to think of scenarios that could explain saying something so horrible, apart from simply being a really horrible person...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clbj For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    I cannot wait to leave this effing place!! We had a morning full of the rest of the lunatics first though. Booooo.

I've been up and down ALL night with an unsettled baby while DH snored beside me. I booted him out of bed with the baby and sent them to the lounge literally 15 mins ago. MIL gets up 'oh! Where's Missusmac? It must be nice to get to sleep in! Aren't you a great dad'.

I'm laying in bed deciding if I've had just enough sleep to ensure her safety, or if I should hide out here for the duration.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I suspect this would be an adequate defence in court for attempted grievous bodily harm. Or at least very rude words.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clbj For This Useful Post:

MissusMac  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mil came out with a pearler...

My daughter wears ankle foot orthotics because she has a disability... Diplegic cerebral palsy. So AFOs help her walk/keep her stability/reduce pain and toe walking etc!

Mil said that she doesn't like seeing My DD wearing her AFOs so asked if whenever she sees her she takes them off...all because SHE doesn't like them! She hates the looks DD gets when she wears them. Can you believe the nerve of that woman?

Thank goodness my DD doesn't need a wheelchair yet! Imagine what she would say in that circumstance?!?! Far out! I'm gob smacked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LysnDan View Post

My daughter wears ankle foot orthotics because she has a disability... Diplegic cerebral palsy. So AFOs help her walk/keep her stability/reduce pain and toe walking etc!

Mil said that she doesn't like seeing My DD wearing her AFOs so asked if whenever she sees her she takes them off...all because SHE doesn't like them! She hates the looks DD gets when she wears them. Can you believe the nerve of that woman?

Thank goodness my DD doesn't need a wheelchair yet! Imagine what she would say in that circumstance?!?! Far out! I'm gob smacked!
    FAQ

Q.) Can you believe the nerve of the woman?
    A.) No. (Just no. Elaboration not required)

Q. Is is appropriate to be gob smacked in response to the aforementioned conversation?
    A. Yes, totally appropriate. It could also be appropriate to smack the gob of the commenter. That is atrocious. I kind of hope people like this get haunted by Stella Young who serves it up to them from the afterlife.

I hope your daughter is able to own her super boots and wear them with pride. How you move about says nothing about the person you are.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clbj For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (30-12-2014),KitiK  (30-12-2014),MissusMac  (30-12-2014),MonsterMummy  (30-12-2014),Oblena  (05-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh the amount of dumb comments I get from people about my daughter's AFOs is crazy. But none are as crazy as your MIL! !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Oh the amount of dumb comments I get from people about my daughter's AFOs is crazy. But none are as crazy as your MIL! !!!
    It's awful and what's worse is hubby takes her side and thinks it's a reasonable request!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week

This is my mum incliding "he smiles so he can't be autistic"

My grandmother (rip) had cephalic cerabal palsy daughter. She gave me support to get my son the help he needed when nobody else would.

My ex mil then kept spouting my son was doing so well due to her interventions. it was all a game to her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week

This is my mum incliding "he smiles so he can't be autistic"

My grandmother (rip) had cephalic cerabal palsy daughter. She gave me support to get my son the help he needed when nobody else would.
    Cm
    My ex mil then kept spouting my son was doing so well due to her interventions. it was all a game to her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    Was she drunk? Concussed? Infected with a brain-altering parasite? Possessed by spirits?

I'm just trying to think of scenarios that could explain saying something so horrible, apart from simply being a really horrible person...
    No excuse, other than being a total cow. I've given up on her completely. We have gone out of our way in recent times to help her through a really rough patch but all she's worried about is my inability to mother a child.