Closed Thread
Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think my DD will believe in Santa very long

After all my hard work getting my 3 yo DD to help bake muffins for Santa, then putting out a drink and reindeer food, she piped up on Xmas morning with DD right beside her and said "you enjoy those muffins and the drink dd left out?" And "you ate the carrot after throwing it on the ground?"

She also commented on the price of the gifts she got DD and how hard they were to find... SHHH MIL... I want my daughter to believe in Santa for a while longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by operationbabyg View Post
    My mother in law told my mother that wanting to keep TTC after 5 rounds of IVF was selfish as our struggles and my stubbornness for trying new methods affects her and others and we should just give up because it's useless and hopeless and isn't going to get us anywhere.
    She then told my friend to make sure I treat my husband with respect...
    That is really horrible! I would consider cutting someone out for such a hurtful comment.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-12-2014),Oblena  (05-01-2015),operationbabyg  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Mil messaged me to ask what food she could prepare for 8 months old DS for Christmas. She told me she was planning on steaming some pumpkin. I told her that he usually has a mash vege mix with either rice, pasta or a meat through it. She informed me that there is enough carbs in vegetables with out adding pasta or rice!!! Ffs he is a baby who eats a tablespoon or two worth!

I asked this morning what she prepared and she has made his steamed pumpkin and broccoli mash and a pear puree. Great. Thanks for listening. I hope he eats it, I'm also glad I stashed backup food in his nappy bag.

Don't worry MIL, I'm only his mother.
    Aaaaaaaand he ate none of it. He wasn't having a bar of it. But what would I know?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (26-12-2014),LaDiDah  (31-12-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL wanted to take the kids to the playground. Bright sunny day so I say hang on as she walking out the door, I'll just put some sunscreen on them. "Oh we wont be gone that long" she says......
    Yeah, no. I'll just put it on them and its done for the day then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The topic of if we wanted more kids came up between my hubby and MIL. I had a conversation the last time I saw her, as she wanted to know if we were done. And I mentioned that DH had been more open to the idea and on occassions have actually started topics involving the subject. I had said the DH is not 'opposed' to the idea.
    Somehow it translated that he was apparently desperate for another child.
    Anyway back to the topic. In her round about way, she told my DH that she regretted having DH's Brothers (kids 3 and 4) in a way to make him change his throughts on the subject. Got to love MIL's.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Omg who openly admits to regretting having children?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-12-2014),Chillies  (28-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Omg who openly admits to regretting having children?
    Yeah I was pretty ticked when DH told me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH nursing DS while MIL chats in his face. I sit down next to DH and DS turns to me and smiles
    MIL: Don't look at HER!

Ahhh, why not? I am his mother!

I'm eating a chocolate.
    MIL: give him a taste!
    Me: no way!
    MIL: go on! It's good for him!
    Me: how?! He's 3.5mo!
    MIL: he need to explore tastes!
    Me: well he can explore the taste of chocolate second hand, in my milk in a few hours
    MIL: Oooh what a mean mummy!

MIL runs DS a bath. Before putting him in, I checked the temp, as you do.
    MIL: you don't need to check up on me! I've had 9 of my own you know!
    I was very tempted to say 'oh yes I do! You just tried to feed him chocolate!!'

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (26-12-2014),KitiK  (27-12-2014),LaDiDah  (31-12-2014),Teenz  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday my 17 month old nephew takes off with DDs wooden camper van. Mil calls out "dont play with that. Its pink!" She bought the camper as she had gotten my nephew a dump truck so felt she had to get DD similar to avoid jealousy so "i got her this, its a car, but its pink so its ok." Like you cant buy a car for a girl unless it is pink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Visiting MIL in QLD from NSW for a few days. There is no point changing our kids to QLD time for a couple of days, so we're running on DLS time still.
    Making plans for travel tomorrow morning
    Me: well that will be 9am for us, which is right on DS's sleep time, so that will be perfect.
    MIL: oh are you going to run on that jet lagged time forever?!?

No, but seeing as it's simply 'the time' where we live, I think we'll just run with it! I don't think the entire state is going to make allowances just for us!