Closed Thread
Page 25 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Me, with 5 week old bub in arms: " ugh I'm really tired, dd was awake so much in the night".

Mil: "Yes I know, I've had 5 of my own you know"

Ummm, yes I know how many kids you've got. They were all at my wedding. They were born decades ago. Talk about twisting it to make it about you!
    Oh yes I have this issue too! I can never complain about anything or ask for any help because apparently DH woke every hour all night screaming for the first three years, and she had no help from her family and she just got on with it, and could keep a clean house.....
    Everything I vent about she had it worse! Funnily enough she likes to dish out sleeping and settling advice :/
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 21-12-2014 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    My mil is normally pretty good. She is a childcare worker though so thinks she knows everything about everything!
    When I was struggling with ds and his sleep, I told her I was going to sleep school with him. She told me not to bother and "just to put him in the lounge room to cry for 12 hours" because that is how she fixed dh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL today visiting us and 2 day old DS in hospital:

"Do you want me to take him out for a while so you two can get some sleep?"

Ummmm wtf? So many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin- a) you're not allowed to take him off the ward b) where would you take him anyway c) you have not once offered to look after DD in 2.5 years and so on..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post

Ummmm wtf? So many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin- a) you're not allowed to take him off the ward b) where would you take him anyway c) you have not once offered to look after DD in 2.5 years and so on..
    You had your baby!!! Congrats!!!! *runs off to stalk your pregnancy diary*

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

GM01  (22-12-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (22-12-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post

Congratulations on the arrival of your DS!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

GM01  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's my mother rather than mil that pees me off the most. Background: we moved over to oz from UK just over 3 years ago. DD was born sept 2013 and we visited the UK that xmas so that all the relatives could meet her (she is the first grandchild). Since then hubby's parents have visited oz and always FaceTime with DD every weekend. My mother has decided she is coming to visit next year so I told her she would have to start making an effort to FaceTime us so that DD could get to know and recognise her a bit more. I set a specific time that worked for both of us and this week would be the 2nd time she has seen her ONLY grandchild since xmas 2013. I tried calling her and this was the response..

Attachment 64839

Daryl is my uncle and regency is her work. Basically she didn't bother telling me she was out and trying to rearrange. When I try to rearrange it turns out that watching a movie AT HOME is more important that seeing her grandchild.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At the moment DS (3 months) is being a real mummy's boy - he watches me constantly and if I leave him somewhere or with someone he will follow me with his eyes. MIL came over the other day and I gave him to her for a hold. He wouldn't look at mil and instead was trying to find me in the room. MIL got really annoyed about it "mummy's gone! Stop trying to find her and look at me! Give me smiles! Hey!! Hey! You don't always need mummy!" 😳😳 wasn't too happy with that one. She recieved 0 smiles from DS (teehee!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not what MIL said but what she just did...

My MIL this morning washed some stuff from our washing basket in my room (without asking)... I had a heap of embarrassing and gross things in there (dressed up for DH a couple of nights ago and yesterday unexpectedly got AF) 😱
    Washed them in her cheap soap flakes and made them super stiff and smelling like an old Nanna...
    I can't even look her in the eyes I'm so mortified

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Not what MIL said but what she just did...

My MIL this morning washed some stuff from our washing basket in my room (without asking)... I had a heap of embarrassing and gross things in there (dressed up for DH a couple of nights ago and yesterday unexpectedly got AF) 😱
    Washed them in her cheap soap flakes and made them super stiff and smelling like an old Nanna...
    I can't even look her in the eyes I'm so mortified
    This annoys me. My mil insists on doing my washing when I really want to just tell her to F off. The worst was her trying to unpack everything after we moved, literally had to take boxes off her and tell her that they didn't need to be unpacked.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL would visit then want to wash my dishes etc then complain that I needed her help!

I never asked her to do anything. She took it upon herself and then had the hide to snip behind my back about how much I needed her!

Eff off lady. She hasn't set foot in my home since Feb last year. And it's been lovely

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-12-2014)