Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ex-mil "maybe your the reason he drinks" yeh maybe. even though he's been a alcoholic for 10 years before he met him.
    Asks me how my sick father is. I told her he's very unwell. She responded with and in a snippy tone "that's what you said last year" well exmil sorry he's not dying quick enough for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha this made me laugh...

My mil tried to tell me that baby formula wasn't around in 1974 and her kids were reared on carnation milk.

... I looked at her and said "really?, because my mum told me all 4 of us were reared on formula and my oldest brother was born in 1971.!."

She shut up quick smart then but I was suprised because she's a nurse and has been since the mid 60's ( working in country hospitals maternity too!)...

The mind boggles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My MIL went around telling people she didn't think DS was going to make it when he was born prematurely. He was born at 31 weeks, but was strong and healthy - nor us or any medical professional ever indicated his life was in the balance. He was tiny, but perfectly fine.

We only found out about this when DS was a bit older. She even told my mother on day 3 of his life she thought he was going to die. Holy drama for no reason!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default SH!T my MIL says

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we were visiting my MIL (so MIL, FIL, BIL, hubby and myself) she said isn't it great we are all together now we can play card game, can't remember which one.

But it's a 4 player game!

I've never forgotten that, was so hurtful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummia View Post
    When we were visiting my MIL (so MIL, FIL, BIL, hubby and myself) she said isn't it great we are all together now we can play card game, can't remember which one.

But it's a 4 player game!

I've never forgotten that, was so hurtful.
    That would be so hurtful.

This reminds me of my BIL wedding. Everyone was taking photos and MIL calls DP & SIL over and says "DP's surname photo" so I rolled my eyes & passed DS to DP so he could be in the photo with them, she noticed this & shes like oh no you too! 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I the only one who has a MIL who is obsessed with taking photos.
    I thought she just did this with my son as its her first grandchild & she mostly does do it with him but at my sons first birthday my sister & 5 month old niece were in attendance & MIL asked my sister if it was ok to take a photo of my niece 😕.... I have no idea why??? I find that soooo weird!!

I also cant stand that as soon as she sees my son & takes a photo of him she sends the photo to all her friends, grrr!! I don't want photos of my son everywhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our wedding, as we were getting photos done, my brand new MIL said, "Now one of just our family. Off you go....."

Nice way to welcome me to the family! She has gotten much better over time though and now only infuriates me once a year or so 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Day after our wedding....

Me to MIL. - Did you like my dress MIL?

MIL to Me. - What are you asking me that for? I wasn't the one who had to wear it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (18-12-2014),GM01  (18-12-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (20-12-2014),HeavenBlue  (18-12-2014),Lissymama  (18-12-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-12-2014),LoCo  (18-12-2014),MrsSS  (18-12-2014),phee83  (19-12-2014),Pumpkin1106  (18-12-2014),TeamCarts  (18-12-2014)