Closed Thread
Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1001
  1. #191
    Mod-Nomsie's Avatar
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    23,903
    Thanks
    7,193
    Thanked
    7,289
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I think my mil still thinks of my boys as being little 3 year olds.. They're 6. Not like she would know, she hardly sees them.
    She got them an early Christmas present of horrible cheap "Bali" t-shirts from when she was over there in oct (missing the boys birthday- I feel on purpose but would never tell df) and rashies which I told her they needed. Only she got lightning McQueen and whatever that plane is called from the planes movie. My boys were polite enough to say thanks, but they told me later they wouldn't wear them. Thank god it was from big w and I went and swapped them for ones they would wear.

    She also fawns over dd while ignoring the boys- it's sickening. Dd hates her and won't go near her. Of course it's because she has no bloody idea who she is. As far as dd is concerned she only has one nan, and that's the one she sees at least once a week.

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,878
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked
    515
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DHs grandfather passed away early in the year. We travelled to his nannas house the same day to be with her as did the rest of the family. We were there for a few days and over the few days friends came to give their condolences to DHs Nanna and everytime a friend turned up she burst into tears (as you do when your husband of 51 years dies suddenly).

    I was sitting outside with mil when one of DHs nannas friends turned up and we could hear her burst into tears. Mil snorted and I looked at her and she said "she's just putting on those tears for attention". I looked at her in shock and she goes "I know it's a terrible thing to say but it's the truth, she just wants attention".

    I was absolutely disgusted and shocked and had to walk away from her

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,721
    Thanks
    3,792
    Thanked
    3,839
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    My DHs grandfather passed away early in the year. We travelled to his nannas house the same day to be with her as did the rest of the family. We were there for a few days and over the few days friends came to give their condolences to DHs Nanna and everytime a friend turned up she burst into tears (as you do when your husband of 51 years dies suddenly).

    I was sitting outside with mil when one of DHs nannas friends turned up and we could hear her burst into tears. Mil snorted and I looked at her and she said "she's just putting on those tears for attention". I looked at her in shock and she goes "I know it's a terrible thing to say but it's the truth, she just wants attention".

    I was absolutely disgusted and shocked and had to walk away from her
    Sounds like something my mil has said in the past.

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,581
    Thanks
    9,231
    Thanked
    4,473
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is hell. Hell. Mil was pottering around out the front and came inside in a panic. OMG DD has painted all over the driveway!!!
    Confused, then I realised what she was referring to- dd had done a couple of
    scribbles in chalk yesterday arvo. (And not all over the driveway)
    I explained it washes off and it's just CHALK, she said I should of checked with her first as it might damage her driveway. Sigh. She then told me to go wash it off as she doesn't want scribble all over her driveway.
    I hate her being here only week 3 in, 9 weeks to go
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 16-12-2014 at 06:21.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    Cicho  (16-12-2014)

  6. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Regents Park
    Posts
    1,047
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked
    147
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mil thinks me swaddling my newborn son is child abuse!

  7. #196
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,103
    Thanks
    3,366
    Thanked
    1,967
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    My mil thinks me swaddling my newborn son is child abuse!
    she's never heard of this age old practice?

  8. #197
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,155
    Thanks
    9,062
    Thanked
    4,713
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    This is hell. Hell. Mil was pottering around out the front and came inside in a panic. OMG DD has painted all over the driveway!!!
    Confused, then I realised what she was referring to- dd had done a couple of
    scribbles in chalk yesterday arvo. (And not all over the driveway)
    I explained it washes off and it's just CHALK, she said I should of checked with her first as it might damage her driveway. Sigh. She then told me to go wash it off as she doesn't want scribble all over her driveway.
    I hate her being here only week 3 in, 9 weeks to go
    Agh! Sweetheart this is awful! You'll cope but it's not going to be easy by the sounds of things

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (16-12-2014)

  10. #198
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    This is hell. Hell. Mil was pottering around out the front and came inside in a panic. OMG DD has painted all over the driveway!!!
    Confused, then I realised what she was referring to- dd had done a couple of
    scribbles in chalk yesterday arvo. (And not all over the driveway)
    I explained it washes off and it's just CHALK, she said I should of checked with her first as it might damage her driveway. Sigh. She then told me to go wash it off as she doesn't want scribble all over her driveway.
    I hate her being here only week 3 in, 9 weeks to go
    I would hate that as well! Over chalk! I hope the 9 weeks fly by for you, I don't think I could do it xx

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (16-12-2014)

  12. #199
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked
    90
    Reviews
    0
    My MIL is generally pretty good and we get along well. I don't agree with everything she does but all good otherwise.
    I can remember one sentence she said. "We're assets rich, but money poor". Funny how you have no money yet seem to be able to afford a brand new car, buy random things off the tv $200+, and spend money on other kids. Poor DD didn't even get a present for her first birthday to which M/FIL turned up an hour & half late to (the party) cause they we're out and MIL HAD to stay and chat longer.

  13. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Regents Park
    Posts
    1,047
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked
    147
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    she's never heard of this age old practice?
    She must of missed that bus?? Sometime all I want to do is slap her, after 9 years I don't take her crap anymore!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hire For Baby Perth
New RETAIL store - Perth Hire For Baby Perth
Here at Hire for Baby, we offer a wide range of products from Child Restraints to Strollers, Stroller Accessories and Oricom Baby Monitors. Wholesale prices - till the stock ends. Buy from us and get the installation for FREE.
Like us on Facebook and get $10 OFF
featured supporter
Swim Australia
Swim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim Schools located across the country, through our aquatic education, we aim to build a Safer, Smarter, Stronger nation of swimmers.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!