Closed Thread
Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I think my mil still thinks of my boys as being little 3 year olds.. They're 6. Not like she would know, she hardly sees them.
    She got them an early Christmas present of horrible cheap "Bali" t-shirts from when she was over there in oct (missing the boys birthday- I feel on purpose but would never tell df) and rashies which I told her they needed. Only she got lightning McQueen and whatever that plane is called from the planes movie. My boys were polite enough to say thanks, but they told me later they wouldn't wear them. Thank god it was from big w and I went and swapped them for ones they would wear.

She also fawns over dd while ignoring the boys- it's sickening. Dd hates her and won't go near her. Of course it's because she has no bloody idea who she is. As far as dd is concerned she only has one nan, and that's the one she sees at least once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DHs grandfather passed away early in the year. We travelled to his nannas house the same day to be with her as did the rest of the family. We were there for a few days and over the few days friends came to give their condolences to DHs Nanna and everytime a friend turned up she burst into tears (as you do when your husband of 51 years dies suddenly).

I was sitting outside with mil when one of DHs nannas friends turned up and we could hear her burst into tears. Mil snorted and I looked at her and she said "she's just putting on those tears for attention". I looked at her in shock and she goes "I know it's a terrible thing to say but it's the truth, she just wants attention".

I was absolutely disgusted and shocked and had to walk away from her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    My DHs grandfather passed away early in the year. We travelled to his nannas house the same day to be with her as did the rest of the family. We were there for a few days and over the few days friends came to give their condolences to DHs Nanna and everytime a friend turned up she burst into tears (as you do when your husband of 51 years dies suddenly).

I was sitting outside with mil when one of DHs nannas friends turned up and we could hear her burst into tears. Mil snorted and I looked at her and she said "she's just putting on those tears for attention". I looked at her in shock and she goes "I know it's a terrible thing to say but it's the truth, she just wants attention".

I was absolutely disgusted and shocked and had to walk away from her
    Sounds like something my mil has said in the past.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is hell. Hell. Mil was pottering around out the front and came inside in a panic. OMG DD has painted all over the driveway!!!
    Confused, then I realised what she was referring to- dd had done a couple of
    scribbles in chalk yesterday arvo. (And not all over the driveway)
    I explained it washes off and it's just CHALK, she said I should of checked with her first as it might damage her driveway. Sigh. She then told me to go wash it off as she doesn't want scribble all over her driveway.
    I hate her being here only week 3 in, 9 weeks to go
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 16-12-2014 at 06:21.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mil thinks me swaddling my newborn son is child abuse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    My mil thinks me swaddling my newborn son is child abuse!
    she's never heard of this age old practice?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    This is hell. Hell. Mil was pottering around out the front and came inside in a panic. OMG DD has painted all over the driveway!!!
    I explained it washes off and it's just CHALK, she said I should of checked with her first as it might damage her driveway. Sigh. She then told me to go wash it off as she doesn't want scribble all over her driveway.
    Agh! Sweetheart this is awful! You'll cope but it's not going to be easy by the sounds of things

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I would hate that as well! Over chalk! I hope the 9 weeks fly by for you, I don't think I could do it xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL is generally pretty good and we get along well. I don't agree with everything she does but all good otherwise.
    I can remember one sentence she said. "We're assets rich, but money poor". Funny how you have no money yet seem to be able to afford a brand new car, buy random things off the tv $200+, and spend money on other kids. Poor DD didn't even get a present for her first birthday to which M/FIL turned up an hour & half late to (the party) cause they we're out and MIL HAD to stay and chat longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    she's never heard of this age old practice?
    She must of missed that bus?? Sometime all I want to do is slap her, after 9 years I don't take her crap anymore!