Closed Thread
Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissymama View Post
    This is also my MIL, I actually ALWAYS say my son looks like DP.
    We went over MILs & she felt the need to pull out a photo of DPs cousin as a baby who apparently looks like my son 😐 so clearly their genes are stronger?....

Then another time we went over MILs she said "He has MY lips" about my son....even BIL gave her a weird look....
    My MIL did this the first time we popped over after DD was born when she was a week old, for 2 hours I had to look at pictures of all her children and grandchildren as babies and hear how much DD looked like them never mind that she was identical to me as a baby. When DS1 was born I said from day 1 he was DH's clone and SIL still had to produce photos to prove they looked alike 😯

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also on looks when DD was born MIL popped over and told me all about how she started crying at her grandsons soccer game because there was a little girl there with long black curly hair and she is so beautiful and the whole time I was pregnant she wished DD would look like that so when she saw this little girl that day she cried thinking about how DD had blonde hair and won't look like this precious little stranger she had taken a liking to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    MIL "Happy 3rd birthday A"

Me "Uh, she turned 2"
    Oh lord!!

MIL didn't get DD's age wrong, but it does remind me of when she bought her a size 2 outfit for her 2nd birthday- when she was 20.5 months corrected and in size 00-0. We say all the time that DD's small for her age and my in laws refuse to acknowledge it and think we're being dramatic!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My mil says a lot of crap and likes to cause arguments with people but this one personally stung.

Ds2 was only a couple of weeks old and she was holding him. All of a sudden she sat him up and said to him "you should have been a girl". She never hid the fact that she was disappointed we were having two boys so that just rammed it home after they didn't even bother visiting at the hospital.

A few weeks after that she shared pics of dresses saying she wished she had a grand daughter she could dress up...well my boys wear clothes!!!!

Anyway we now have a girl and she shows no interest in her either. Probably because sil gave her the greatest gift of all a few months before we had our dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    . "love that our babies look like loodle" .
    Omg omg omg I just read that as "love that our babies look like doodle"

Oops

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (04-12-2014),amyd  (04-12-2014),Chippa  (05-12-2014),CompareTheMeerkat  (04-12-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (14-12-2014),LaDiDah  (15-12-2014),loodle  (04-12-2014),LoveLivesHere  (05-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Oh lord!!

MIL didn't get DD's age wrong, but it does remind me of when she bought her a size 2 outfit for her 2nd birthday- when she was 20.5 months corrected and in size 00-0. We say all the time that DD's small for her age and my in laws refuse to acknowledge it and think we're being dramatic!
    Oh dear! MIL bought her size 4 clothes for what she thought was her 3rd birthday..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    Oh dear! MIL bought her size 4 clothes for what she thought was her 3rd birthday..
    Whereas my mil is constantly buying clothes too small for both my girls.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Omg omg omg I just read that as "love that our babies look like doodle"

Oops
    Hahahaha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (04-12-2014)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have already mentioned my mil in this thread, but the clothes stories now. she would always buy the same outfits for my twin daughters, and also buy the same or similar things for my oldest son and his cousin who was 7 or 8 months younger. my son would never wear anything without sleeves yet she would buy these singlet shirts for him and L . I never made a thing about dressing my girls the same, yet mil would always buy matching outfits, and the sisters inlaw would too. my girls would wear whatever they wanted and the family took ages to start treating them as individuals. I have a photo of one girl wearing a pink dress and her teddy bear is wearing same dress that was given to her sister. marie.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mil works in a charity shop and some of the stuff she gets for my DD is shocking, mainly clothes. It's just ugly or in really bad condition or smells. And every time she wants to dress my DD up in the said outfits on the days that she looks after her she keeps nagging at me how lovely the outfit is until I reply as I usually just shrug it off or ignore her comment. So I end up saying wow it's lovely. Although a few times I have said no I hate it can you please leave her in the clothing I sent her out in. She always ignores it and mostly makes my DD keep changing outfits every 10 minutes throughout the day. I would stop sending my DD there sometimes I feel but she likes going there unfortunately and there is days I need a babysitter. I sound mean, but she drives me insane, it's like she knows it annoys me but carries on anyway just to peeve me.

She always sends DD home in second hand underwear too which is not great as far as I'm concerned. I keep dropping hints that Kmart sell undies for real cheap. Bloody annoying and a little disrespectful imo.

Also shes fully toilet trained and never has accidents anymore so there is no need to change her underwear...
    Last edited by zoz; 04-12-2014 at 16:42.