Closed Thread
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaMa View Post
    MIL has never admitted that any of our children resemble me whatsoever. None of them have ever been allowed to look like me. Now we have DD, she still can't admit it (DD is the image of me as a baby)....MIL even went so far as to say DD looks like SIL, ffs.
    All of my IL's are like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL has never admitted that any of our children resemble me whatsoever. None of them have ever been allowed to look like me. Now we have DD, she still can't admit it (DD is the image of me as a baby)....MIL even went so far as to say DD looks like SIL, ffs.
    Ugh, mine does this too... Never mind that DS looks EXACTLY like I did as a baby... And the fact that DS was blonde haired and blue eyed and DH was black haired and brown eyed. But of course MIL insists that he is the spitting image of DH

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Mine is here visiting today. I'm sure I'll have some pearlers before the day is done. *sigh*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Teenz  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get this.
    DS looks like me now, when he was born he was identical to DP. According to mil he has not traits of me whatsoever mind u DS has brown hair (DP has black) DS has bright blue eyes (DP has hazel) DS has chubby cheeks, they come from me lol.
    My nan gave us a picture of me at the same age as DS and we are identical. According to mil nope we look nothing alike.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is the same! Everything DS does is cause of her side of the family, he's a good sleeper, so where her kids and nothing to do with us as parents... He's a good eater for the same reason... He loves to dance, so did DH, nothing to do with me dancing all day with him! Blah blah blah... Got nothing to do with my genes or any other factor, it's cause I procreated with her son... So 1 eyed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is also my MIL, I actually ALWAYS say my son looks like DP.
    We went over MILs & she felt the need to pull out a photo of DPs cousin as a baby who apparently looks like my son 😐 so clearly their genes are stronger?....

Then another time we went over MILs she said "He has MY lips" about my son....even BIL gave her a weird look....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speaking of appearances...my MIL loves to go on about children's looks. So to our DD "oh, look at your beautiful blonde hair" etc. etc., drive me nuts. But anyway:

With her then 10 year old DD
    MIL "Oh doesn't Renn have the most perfect nose? It's small and pointy, just like a nose should be"
    SIL feel her nose "What's wrong with mine?"
    MIL "Oh, your nose is too wide. You get that from your dad. He had a really chunky nose; such a shame."
    Me "I think the important thing about a nose is that you can breathe with it!"
    MIL "Oh and DD, your eyebrows. I think you get those hairy eyebrows form your dad too..."
    etc.

This is an everyday conversation for her...that poor kid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default SH!T my MIL says

Weeeeeeeeeell. Wasn't that fun. First she walks in the door with groceries because she wants to make a paleo recipe she has found. So she starts unpacking everything in my clean kitchen and then says 'you have bacon don't you?' Ummm no. And I don't think bacon is paleo. But who am I to criticize? So then I ask if she ok with me going out for an hour or so and I will get her bacon whilst out. She seems ok but I know she is thinking otherwise. Cue me returning just over an hour and half of being out. She's holding a red faced, sweating 8 month old DS in her arms.

MIL - don't get upset but.... He wouldn't have any milk. I was just going to give him food.

Me - (realises it's now 5 hours since he's eaten) What do you mean he didn't have milk, he should be starving.

Mil - he wouldn't take it so I was going to give him some food.

Me - why didn't you call me to tell me he has refused his bottle, I was only at the shops 2 minutes away, I would have come home.

Mil- oh I didn't want you racing back and having an accident or something.

Me - ummm no I would have driven back like a sensible adult. He wasn't in danger.

I suddenly realise it boiling hot inside and she still has him in long pants!

Me- and why didn't you turn the air on? It's so hot in here.

Mil - oh I didn't know how to turn that thing on and work it. (Standard air con)

She had just wet a bib and was wiping his face over with to cool him???

So I give DS his bottle which he downed in record time and strip his pants off now the air con is running.

Then she demolished my kitchen and raved on about how she wishes I wouldn't use the oils (standard vegetable oil etc) because they are chemically extracted. I should be using cold pressed organic oils! Yeah right lady, I've got the money for that!

I then tell her he is going down for his nap in half an hour so she goes back to cooking. She kisses him goodnight and I take him to bed. She then interrupts bedtime after 5 minutes to tell me she is leaving. Food left in pan on the stove and kitchen destroyed!

Ummmm ok. My head is still spinning!!

Eta - I tried her paleo thing. So salty I can't eat it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oooohhhh and I forgot. She walks on my DS clean floor play rug with her effing shoes on!!!! I just want to scream!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All DH's family do this never mind he had red curly hair as a baby and none of our kids do. DH even went as far as to make a picture collage of all our kids as babies next to pictures of him and I as babies and post it on Facebook and comment "love that our babies look like loodle" and they still carried on with it.