Closed Thread
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time my MIL was over she asked me if I'd started teaching DD to read yet. Um no, she's only 18 months old! She was completely horrified and insisted I really should start, after all she said my DH could read before he was 2! Now my DH is very smart but we both think she is making this up!

also whenever my DD won't eat something she tuts and reminds me DH was apparently eating extremely hot curries by the time he was 1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    These mils can be so demeaning they were probably treated in the same manner by their mils as well!
    My mil is the nastiest person and has no contact with anyone she is so bitter about life but my poor mother has to endure every saturday morning listening to the moans etc!
    I get offended with the comments but the worst is when she tells my children off I get toey and have learnt to speak up for myself. So when she stays with us in the past I clean the toilet with her toothbrush ha ha she hasn't been sick yet.
    But now she ain't staying with us and it will be up to me to tell my damn mil that she better save her pennies and stay in a motel I am not certainly not looking forward to breaking that news!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Over the years my MIL has shared these ever so helpful gems.

When our kids are being picky with dinner: DH and BIL always ate their vegetables

When DD was a cr*ppy sleeper (first 2 years of her life): I never had to get up to my boys in the night

When our kids fight: DH and BIL never fought

Because DD is still wet overnight at 5: my boys never wet the bed

DH remembers fighting with BIL (including full fist fights on the back lawn), wetting the bed and disliking vegetables.

He must have a bad memory.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    It must be a generational thing.. I have the dishwasher issue with my own mother!

She occasionally will babysit during the evening if we have an event, we'll leave dinner and everything for her. Our dishwasher is stacked progressively through the day and turned on at bedtime, it's usually 2/3 full by dinner. Do you think my mum stacks her plate, cutlery, cups and anything else in the remaining space? No, she insists on washing it by hand and switching on a partly full dishwasher!
    My mum does this everyday she looks after ds. But she doesn't wash them properly anyway! And she wouldn't know how to put the dishwasher on!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg my mother handwashes my dishes too to help out. Not complaining, very nice of her, but save yourself the effort woman & just plonk them in the dishwasher!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (03-12-2014),FrothyFrog  (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

Some of these are crackers! My MIL was more than happy to provide unwanted breastfeeding advice even though she never breastfed a day in her life. She also said the research re prolonged tv watching for children being harmful to development was untrue as she plonked hers propped up in front of the tv from 5ish months old and they turned out ok gaaaaah She has no probs pushing her 'advice ' onto you even when you don't care to hear it and loves to b*tch and moan and gossip about everyone we know. This has led us to not want to tell her anything. Her latest one was a family member got ovarian cancer because she's 'fat' (her words (I had to shake my head visibly at that one)
    Last edited by me+he&she=three; 04-12-2014 at 10:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar to a previous poster:

When my MIL got breast cancer, she started trying to pick which "chemicals" must have caused it. She went through a long list of possibilities, but her front-runner was pesticides on food because she can't afford to eat all organic. Oddly enough, she never mentioned the cigarettes that she's been smoking for 30+ years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Well if he can eat a corn cob he's too old to breastfeed" MIL

"When's mummy going to stop giving you boob so you can stay over at our house" FIL

He's only just turned 9 months...

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL has never admitted that any of our children resemble me whatsoever. None of them have ever been allowed to look like me. Now we have DD, she still can't admit it (DD is the image of me as a baby)....MIL even went so far as to say DD looks like SIL, ffs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL "Happy 3rd birthday A"

Me "Uh, she turned 2"