Closed Thread
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    She sounds nuts and also delusional, I doubt a doctor would vaccinate a child without parental permission!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mil has a good heart but she knows everything and is never wrong. When i miscarried with my first pregnancy her words of comfort included "its better this than a disabled child" or "it was a bad time anyway with buying a house and moving." Except that we bought the house after i discovered i was pregnant so if anything it was a bad time to move. My personal favourite was "at least you know you can get pregnant" Not helpful if my body cant keep the baby alive now is it?

She also likes to talk to my mum about the things i do that she doesnt agree with. Apparently i have too many pets, forced dp to live too far away from her (25 mins) and made my DDs silent reflux up as a paranoid first time mum.

Other pearls of wisdom:
    " just give him the ice cream, its mean to not give the baby what you are eating" (talking to bil about his refluxy 6mnth old) so does that mean my dp should give DD his beer when he has one?

Me: "i dont want DD walking around with food"
    Mil: "she will though, you cant stop it"
    Me: "yeah i can, i just dont let her"
    Mil: "Tildy, you know nothing about kids"
    Me (smiling sweetly): "i work in childcare, i know lots about kids"
    This all said in front of all the bil's and sil's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    You should start a thread, keeping us updated on how it's going... And in return we can offer some moral support! Good luck!
    Well it would be a very boring thread now 😀 she's actually being really good? Is this possible? Is it to early? OR can MIL's see the DIL light? Haha I am a dam good wife to her son and if she can't see that then well I don't know what she wants. I made a comment on not going there for Xmas as with SIL hating me so much it would be very awkward and my girls deserve much more than an awkward christmas. Her comment was - don't worry about her I'll kick her out for the time you are there you did nothing wrong 😵 this is a miracle in itself 😮😮😮wow! But no I couldn't do that spend time with family for Xmas while sil is alone that's pretty mean. So NO!!

Anyway So far so good....no interfering, no *****ing, no racist comments, but she did say that my staffy smells AGAIN. For the record he does NOT smell he's my little fur angel. Poor baby boy is going to get a major complex!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-12-2014),BettyW  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Well it would be a very boring thread now 😀 she's actually being really good? Is this possible? Is it to early? OR can MIL's see the DIL light? Haha I am a dam good wife to her son and if she can't see that then well I don't know what she wants. I made a comment on not going there for Xmas as with SIL hating me so much it would be very awkward and my girls deserve much more than an awkward christmas. Her comment was - don't worry about her I'll kick her out for the time you are there you did nothing wrong 😵 this is a miracle in itself 😮😮😮wow! But no I couldn't do that spend time with family for Xmas while sil is alone that's pretty mean. So NO!!

Anyway So far so good....no interfering, no *****ing, no racist comments, but she did say that my staffy smells AGAIN. For the record he does NOT smell he's my little fur angel. Poor baby boy is going to get a major complex!
    What is with that. Everytime I think I have my mil pegged, she does this too! It's like they can sense your resentment or something and they suck you back in! My mil has been very, very nice to me indeed lately too. Hmmm, here's hoping you are able to enjoy her entire stay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    What is with that. Everytime I think I have my mil pegged, she does this too! It's like they can sense your resentment or something and they suck you back in! My mil has been very, very nice to me indeed lately too. Hmmm, here's hoping you are able to enjoy her entire stay!
    😁it's early days though very early. Thanks for the hope I do need it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default SH!T my MIL says

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Yes I completely agree with this! My MIL will go for weeks or months being unfriendly and downright rude to me and just when I'm about to reach the end of my rope the next time I see her she'll be so kind and warm. It's really disconcerting, I wish she'd just pick one personality and stick with it!

Good luck LoCo, hope she remains friendly throughout her stay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't seen her for about 3 years so it's definitely different this visit. Now I'm wondering if I was being to precious with her comments all this time grrrrr I always blame myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL died a few years ago so I probably shouldn't talk about her but... She was someone who had no boundaries what so ever, when DD was born she came to see us in the hospital and I was struggling to bf and MIL just comes over and says "oh you don't know what you are doing, here" and grabs my nipple and pinches it to get it in DDs mouth! When we switched her to formula because I didn't produce milk she said I didn't try hard enough. At the shops one time she got chatting to the check out lady and proceeded to tell her all about how her son had haemorrhoids. One time she tried to give DD something I didn't want her to eat and she said to DD right in front of DH and I "oh your Mummy is mean and doesn't look after you right, I should have you. From now on you call me Mummy" damn near slapped her for that one! When I fell pregnant with DS1 I was told "oh congratulations, but do you really think you should have another one you are fat enough all ready"

Thanks
    Reviews
    So living with MIL now and she asked why I don't use oven bags for my roast pork. I said cause the roast won't crackle or have crispy skin. She then said "well it's more important to have a clean oven than have pork crackle". Umm no it's not!!!!

Gonna be a loooong 3 months

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (02-12-2014),NurseAnni  (02-12-2014),TheGooch  (02-12-2014)

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good lord... Reminds me of mil refusing to use a microwave because it will give her cancer... Said while puffing away on cigarettes . The logic is mindblowing!

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NurseAnni For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (02-12-2014),Chillies  (02-12-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (14-12-2014),Jodes35  (02-12-2014),KitiK  (02-12-2014),TheGooch  (02-12-2014)