Closed Thread
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1001
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dear MIL, telling me how the bus driver thinks it's awesome when DS1 stays at your place because he doesn't sleep on the bus does not make me feel any better about being a working parent. I know you hate that I work, and at the same time hate that your other dil doesn't but running parents down because of things they do out of necessity - like get their kids up at 6:30 to put them in the bus - doesn't make us feel like good parents.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says

Think FIL is taking the cake right now as the biggest tool ever lol!
    DH needed some important details for clearances for his work, had to msg FIL. FIL told DH to go get F@$ked, that I'm a C#*t and a sh*thead blah blah. Went on that he can't see his grandchildren because DH is always away, they haven't seen the girls since July, they live 5mins away and DH has been away 4 weeks since August last year. Oh yes FIL, excuses again pfft!
    I guess the best part out of their trailer trash behavior is DH seeing exactly who they are! He wants nothing more to do with them! We move in a few weeks and he has no intention to tell them or see them before we leave!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw this on Fb and thought I'd share. Pretty much sums up how I feel about mine this week. For the second time in Dd's short two years she neglected to acknowledge her birthday. I don't expect presents but a card would be nice. Hate me all you like lady but kids aren't silly, they'll soon realise you don't really give a sht. Can't say it surpised me, she can't even send Dh a text or fb msg on his birthday. But we hear all about everyone else's birthday.
    Attached Images

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (08-05-2016),BettyV  (08-05-2016),Mopoke  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Just saw this on Fb and thought I'd share. Pretty much sums up how I feel about mine this week. For the second time in Dd's short two years she neglected to acknowledge her birthday. I don't expect presents but a card would be nice. Hate me all you like lady but kids aren't silly, they'll soon realise you don't really give a sht. Can't say it surpised me, she can't even send Dh a text or fb msg on his birthday. But we hear all about everyone else's birthday.
    Brilliant. That's my mil exactly. She also never acknowledged anything to do with DS, birthdays or Christmas. All we hoped for was a card but nothing. So yep that picture is perfect lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Brilliant. That's my mil exactly. She also never acknowledged anything to do with DS, birthdays or Christmas. All we hoped for was a card but nothing. So yep that picture is perfect lol
    Dd wasn't acknowledged as Christmas either. It really upsets Dh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mother was like that with my second, yet she doted on my first. I cut her out for a whole mess of reasons, but always outwardly insulting my son and ignoring him was the last straw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Dd wasn't acknowledged as Christmas either. It really upsets Dh.
    DF is more 'forgiving' I guess. He sorts doesn't bother with it but I'm the one who gets really annoyed and upset. She is such a fake grandparent. Or was at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    My mother was like that with my second, yet she doted on my first. I cut her out for a whole mess of reasons, but always outwardly insulting my son and ignoring him was the last straw.
    Oh rude woman! I hope your son is ok and not stressed by it all. Mil never insulted DS. She just never saw him. She literally saw him three times. We had to travel each time. She'd pretend to everyone that she was amazing but she really was useless. Never knew a thing about him. She had always been close to me and then all of sudden turned on and me and started treating me terribly and DF ended up telling her off. Forgave her and let it be and then she started on him so he let it rip and that was it. Haven't heard from her since and don't think we will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh rude woman! I hope your son is ok and not stressed by it all. Mil never insulted DS. She just never saw him. She literally saw him three times. We had to travel each time. She'd pretend to everyone that she was amazing but she really was useless. Never knew a thing about him. She had always been close to me and then all of sudden turned on and me and started treating me terribly and DF ended up telling her off. Forgave her and let it be and then she started on him so he let it rip and that was it. Haven't heard from her since and don't think we will.
    The last time my son saw her, he was 2.5 so he has no idea who she is (he's now 4.5). He has autism so has a few issues with behaviour but she was insulting him already when he was a few months old. Before any issues rose to the surface. Told me he was an annoying baby and a brat and to not bring him to her house anymore. When I was pregnant with him she had told me she won't bond with him.
    She has met my third child, a daughter, three times and never met my youngest son. My eldest, the one she doted on, is now 6. He was 4 when he last saw them. He saw a photo of them on my computer the other day and asked who they were. So it would seem we got out in the nick of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'll preface this with: I adore my MIL. She is fabulous.

BUT everytime we go to hers, baby is sleeping- we go at the same time every sunday. She always says "Get her up DT75. She is always sleeping"

Yeah woman, she is 2 months old. It REALLY ****s me. Like, really, you want me to wake her? NO.

How about we change our visit time?
    "No, this is my scheduled time." (Its the only one that lines up with DSS and DSD visits so I understand it)
    Okay, well then you need to suck it up.

It's not like she sleeps the entire time there either. She is asleep when we get there (10am), wakes for a bottle (12) and stay up for 1.5hrs, then sleeps until next bottle (2.30/3). We are there until 4.30pm.
    So she is up for at least 3 hours out of the 6.5 we are there!

Over it. H thinks I am being unreasonable. But I am the one who has to deal with an overtired overstimulated bub.