+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe 1 to 1-1/2 hours a day when I work (Monday to Friday). On weekends, as much as possible. Usually 8-9 hours depending on how long he naps for.

Most days it doesn't feel like enough but some days it does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We live in an open plan lounge/dining/kitchen apartment so other than when they are at school or in bed we are always together - may not physically be doing something with them but constantly talking and interacting. Weekends we are always together apart from the hour I disappear to do the food shopping. IMO it's enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have found the responses to this interesting. For example, the kids and I have two hours together in the morning mon-fri, but my interaction is mainly reminding them to get ready, pack homework, doing their hair etc. So yes, it's interacting but hardly quality time. Same with watching them at swimming lessons...I watch and I make a comment at the end, but again, wouldn't call it interacting. If I include all the tine we are in the same vicinity as each other...making passing comments to each other etc then whenever we're home and awake. If we're talking stop everything and give them my full attention then it would be one hour during the week and 3-4hrs on weekends, sometimes more depending on what we're up to. It's probably not enough, but it seems to be enough. My kids are all getting older now and enjoy their own space and time to be by themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Time? I'm always with them or near them if I'm home. I'm a SAHM with a chronic illness so never know if what I do is normal or not My older two are 9 and nearly seven and they go to school and do periodic after school and weekend activities, my baby is three and he (and his big bro) sleep with me and he's with me all day.

I try to engage with him as often as I can but a lot of the time it's horizontal parenting! So reading, singing, talking....anything I can do laying down. He helps with the washing, we go for short walks around the farm but I'm with him pretty much 24/7.

I wish I had more energy to do more with all of them but right now, I do what I can.