+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Para'kito mosquito bands

Anyone tried these? What's your opinion of them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like them, but I do find the smell quite overwhelming sometimes. But I find that with all insect repellents, natural or otherwise. I haven't used other band systems, but I like that you can remove it when you don't need it, so you aren't left with the horrible feeling on your skin that you get with spray on repellents. And the wastage is minimised with the para kito, which also appealed to me (not throwing away the whole band when it no longer smells). However, they aren't trendy looking, and don't really work well for midgies, but not a lot does really! I decided, for the price, it was worth trying, and they made an interesting gift for family that year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad84 For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whoops!!!

I have used one. My ds was waking up in the morning with mozzie bites on him. I didn't want to put any cream on his skin in case he ended up licking it...toddlers I ended up threading the band around his cot instead of his wrist.

I actually have no idea how effective it was...but it made me feel better.
    @heartstringz...where you asking about mozzie repellant for your ds the other day?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (25-11-2014),SimplyMum  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought DS and I one each.

I like the bands @Mad84- they actually look kinda cool but not sure if there a new feature or not.

A bit exy for the usage time but if they work, it's a cost that I'm willing to wear.

A couple of people have commented on the smell- it must be strong.

Anyway, I'll probably open them up this weekend and give them a go as we're going away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, maybe I will have a look and see if there are new designs... Always up for shopping! I got my dad one of the clip on ones last year instead of a band, he clips it onto his backpack or binoculars when he goes birdwatching! On reflection, I guess I thought the bands were too trendy for him! I keep mine in a zip lock bag when I'm not using it, to try to prolong the life of the little pellet insert thingy. I'll be interested to hear how you go with yours!