+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes.... or at least if you have no support you should at least stay here a few days rather than les than a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand that, and what I am saying, is that I believe the woman MUST have had someone with her when she left the hospial, and if not, then someone really should have noticed something was astray. I can only imagine it is very rare for somebody to have a baby and leave the hospital alone with that baby. So either she did have someone with her, in which case it's no wonder the hospital just let them go, and whoever was with her needs to be questioned OR she was alone, and someones really dropped the ball on not following up to make sure this baby was being cared for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't read all the comments. So many people on my Facebook are going on about the poor mum and the struggles she must be going through blah blah blah. Nope, not good enough! I don't care what she was going through, no excuse. So many places she could have left that sweet baby, but by putting it down a drain in this hot weather she was obviously trying to kill it. Horrible woman, they should put her in a drain in 40 degree weather and leave her to see how much she made that baby suffer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I do, I don't really know, I guess I don't work in a materity hospital so I don't know at all, but I would have just assumed it would be a weird thing for a woman to arrive, birth, and leave alone with her baby, and that if that were to happen it would send alarm bell's to the staff witnessing it. But you are probably very accurate that I am wearing rose coloured glasses, I have no idea what really goes on. Maybe it's not as weird as I would think.
    I still think someone was probably in the hospital with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I caught the bus home from hospy and I wasn't the only new mum waiting for a bus.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    really! How did you get to the hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I caught the bus home from hospy and I wasn't the only new mum waiting for a bus.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Can I ask why? (Genuine question)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The hospital is not responsible or accountable for this woman leaving with her baby and deciding she wanted him to die alone in a drain. This sad excuse for a mother is.

She has admitted in court today that by putting him down the drain, he could die. But she still did it.

Until I hear more about this woman and her situation and why she may have resorted to something so hideous, I can only extend sympathy to her helpless baby boy.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (24-11-2014),delirium  (24-11-2014),HearMeRoar  (24-11-2014),heplusme  (24-11-2014),Jodes35  (24-11-2014),MissMuppet  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Maybe I do, I don't really know, I guess I don't work in a materity hospital so I don't know at all, but I would have just assumed it would be a weird thing for a woman to arrive, birth, and leave alone with her baby, and that if that were to happen it would send alarm bell's to the staff witnessing it. But you are probably very accurate that I am wearing rose coloured glasses, I have no idea what really goes on. Maybe it's not as weird as I would think.
    I still think someone was probably in the hospital with her.
    I think that because the woman was 30 and of a socially acceptable age to be having a baby the hospital wouldn't have paid a great deal of attention to her and her situation. Too much energy and resources are wasted focusing on a group of mother's based on their age as opposed to the group of women encompassing all ages groups that are actually at risk.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think this is an issue of the hospital not doing enough, I think this is an extremely callous, cruel individual. Harsh, I know, and I'm not normally harsh but this situation utterly disgusts me. That poor boy squeezed through a hole dropped a few metres and then abandoned to cry for 5-6 days!

If she was discharged too early and not coping then there are many, many other options besides taking this cruel path. At some point personal responsibility has to come into it and at no point is it understandable to try to kill your baby in such a cruel manner.

I don't want to see this immediately labelled as a mental health issue when we have no official information pointing in that direction. It just perpetuates the stereotype that mentally ill people are dangerous and abusive when the truth is that most are neither of those things.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Mod-Zeddie  (24-11-2014),Phony  (24-11-2014)