+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 214
  1. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks
    5,192
    Thanked
    3,894
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Can I ask why? (Genuine question)
    Hubby forgot to put the car seat in properly so I got the bus home. Just left my luggage for him to pick up later.

    Plus the walk to the bus stop was closer than the car park. I did get offered a taxi voucher but declined. The bus was easier. P
    wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (25-11-2014)

  3. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,354
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    531
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Hubby forgot to put the car seat in properly so I got the bus home. Just left my luggage for him to pick up later.

    Plus the walk to the bus stop was closer than the car park. I did get offered a taxi voucher but declined. The bus was easier. P
    wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    I'm lost ...

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks
    2,034
    Thanked
    804
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default *trigger warning* baby found down drain

    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Daniel??? As in Daniel Morcombe???
    My guess is Azariah. As in Azaria Chamberlain.

    ETA: I do realise Azaria Chamberlain was a girl. Her name is in reference to "associated with one of the most infamous child death cases in Australian history." Which was in the news article. Azariah is unisex and if we're talking biblical, it's masculine.
    Last edited by Lauzy; 25-11-2014 at 15:17.

  5. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    With respect, you criticise others opinions and call them vile, but say your opinions should not be questioned?

    When the news broke, the media and police did not know who the child was and who he belonged to. Much like using the media to ask for information on a kidnapped child I suspect.



    Well a child down a drain is unique, but mothers that abuse their children, either passively (like this story) or actively is far from rare, and that's speaking from a professional POV. You would be shocked what parents do to their children. And yes some are mothers.

    I'm a bit shocked you say child abuse doesn't need social change yet say that no one cares about DV. The argument is inconsistent and lacks substance and really is a Strawman. Other opinions are just as valid as yours.
    Ok, you are so off the mark with this attack on me delirium. I said, as a general comment that I think the way the media covered this story and the public's reaction to this 'evil woman' was vile.

    I AM aware of the extent of child abuse and commented in my earlier post that there are horror stories all over the place but there's a reason they are not splashed all over the media. These cases need to be handled sensitively by professionals who know how to actually help rather than just scream out their hatred for the perpetrators.

    I did not, ever say child abuse in general doesn't need social change. Please point out where I said that! Talk about putting words in my mouth. i also didn't say no one cares about DV. I can't believe how wrong you got that. Go back and read my posts in context with the other posts I had responded to and try to see the general points I was making. Your post directed at me was totally unfair and quite mean actually.

    I wasn't mean to anybody and actually had PM's of support from people surprised at the responses I received. I realise people maybe need an outlet for their feelings regarding what happened to this baby and maybe I was a but if a target for that yesterday but my points were general points of my opinion and yes, they were logical and no, not at all straw men. How mean.

  6. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked
    170
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirligig View Post
    If she didn't name him, a FACS worker would. As this bub grows up and tries to make sense of his story, it might be a small comfort that his birth mother named him. His name may be the only thing he ever gets from her.
    I dunno.. If I knew my mum dumped me in a drain to die when I was born and then had the privilege to name me.. I would be changing my name. Has she shown any remorse does anyone know? Poor baby I hope he will have a good life still and hopefully the dad steps up to help now that he knows.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (25-11-2014),VicPark  (25-11-2014)

  8. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,838
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked
    16,883
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    Ok, you are so off the mark with this attack on me delirium. I said, as a general comment that I think the way the media covered this story and the public's reaction to this 'evil woman' was vile.

    I AM aware of the extent of child abuse and commented in my earlier post that there are horror stories all over the place but there's a reason they are not splashed all over the media. These cases need to be handled sensitively by professionals who know how to actually help rather than just scream out their hatred for the perpetrators.

    I did not, ever say child abuse in general doesn't need social change. Please point out where I said that! Talk about putting words in my mouth. i also didn't say no one cares about DV. I can't believe how wrong you got that. Go back and read my posts in context with the other posts I had responded to and try to see the general points I was making. Your post directed at me was totally unfair and quite mean actually.

    I wasn't mean to anybody and actually had PM's of support from people surprised at the responses I received. I realise people maybe need an outlet for their feelings regarding what happened to this baby and maybe I was a but if a target for that yesterday but my points were general points of my opinion and yes, they were logical and no, not at all straw men. How mean.
    I wasn't attacking you, I don't know why you are reigniting this. Pointing out people are sending you PM's in support is just immature. That would be like me saying I got way more likes than you so I'm right and you are wrong. Who cares?

    I'm not going to argue with you further. You made several points which are there in black and white. Shifting the focus to me persecuting you is both unfair and high school. Stop making yourself the victim. The thread has moved along. I have nothing personal against you at all. Just leave it and agree to disagree. You are the one making it more than it needs to be.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    heplusme  (26-11-2014),VicPark  (25-11-2014)

  10. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,354
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    531
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    My guess is Azariah. As in Azaria Chamberlain.
    I thought that they baby was a boy.....Azaria was a girl....

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I wasn't attacking you, I don't know why you are reigniting this. Pointing out people are sending you PM's in support is just immature. That would be like me saying I got way more likes than you so I'm right and you are wrong. Who cares?

    I'm not going to argue with you further. You made several points which are there in black and white. Shifting the focus to me persecuting you is both unfair and high school. Stop making yourself the victim. The thread has moved along. I have nothing personal against you at all. Just leave it and agree to disagree. You are the one making it more than it needs to be.
    im im allowed to defend myself. So you are allowed to personally insult me and I'm not allowed to defend myself?? By the way, I've been busy and only got back to but hub this afternoon, I'm not reigniting it!

    Ok so now I'm immature. It's not the first time you've personally attacked me delirium so maybe I'm just fed up with the constant picking by you and your mates. This forum is just awful. I'm just in shock at how mean it can be. I'm leaving. Hope you're all happy.

  12. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks
    2,034
    Thanked
    804
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    I thought that they baby was a boy.....Azaria was a girl....

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Can't the name be unisex? My DD has a unisex name.

  13. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,354
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    531
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    Can't the name be unisex? My DD has a unisex name.
    Yes it can ....

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. *possible trigger warning* omg Charlotte Dawson found dead
    By Lottiemum in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 26-02-2014, 17:21
  2. *trigger warning* baby on life support after abuse
    By mishh in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 26-02-2014, 09:10
  3. Trigger warning- social services remove a baby from the womb
    By Atropos in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 12:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth Sydney
Julie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and organised for the wonderful birth of your beautiful new baby. Birth Support Doula training provided in 2017 open to all. Call 0401 265 530
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!