+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also I agree with most PPs. I understand she must have been really sick...there is no other way to see it but no matter how desperate or sick she chose to catch the bus there... She could have left him on the bus, in the hospital, there were other choices she had to disregard before getting to that drainpipe...

It's not the fact she didn't love her baby or want him or feel he can look after him. All that I can still find empathy for her and her situation. It's that she deliberately chose a slow torturous death for her baby that I just can't get past and feel she will have to answer for in a court of law.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (25-11-2014),delirium  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    what about hospitals? don't they have some kind of register of the babies born and name of parents etc?
    (genuine question)
    The Hospital, doctor or nurse who attended the birth must send notification to the registry and I always thought the registry would check this against registrations, as in Victoria there's a $1408 fine if a birth is not registered within 60 days.

But then there is still the issue of free births. One of the things I read was that women who are in denial about or try to conceal a pregnancy are more likely to attempt a free birth.
    Last edited by sky1; 25-11-2014 at 10:12.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Also I agree with most PPs. I understand she must have been really sick...there is no other way to see it but no matter how desperate or sick she chose to catch the bus there... She could have left him on the bus, in the hospital, there were other choices she had to disregard before getting to that drainpipe...

It's not the fact she didn't love her baby or want him or feel he can look after him. All that I can still find empathy for her and her situation. It's that she deliberately chose a slow torturous death for her baby that I just can't get past and feel she will have to answer for in a court of law.
    There was an article that was shared yesterday. It explains how most of these mums are actually not mentally ill.

They "just" see a baby as an inconvenience and have obviously no feelings towards it. They might not even see the babies as human.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How can they not see the baby as human and not be somewhat mentally ill?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is awful. She literally gave birth to the baby, who no one knew about, caught a bus straight to this drain and put him down it at 17 hours old. Wtf. Sick sick sick. The Uncle, Aunt and cousin she lives with and the baby's father have all said they didn't know she was pregnant. I wonder if any of them will gain custody of the boy.

It is so odd that she went to the hospital to give birth. What she has done seems so calculated, like if he'd never been found no one would have ever known he'd even existed? And yet... she gave birth to him in a hospital where it all would have been recorded. I wonder if she gave all fake details etc so she couldn't be traced. I'm not sure what happense if you go to a hospital to give birth without having had any prior contact with the hospital, would you have to give some sort of proof of identity? Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Daniel??? As in Daniel Morcombe???
    Could very well be! That is a biblical name, and definitely one of the most infamous Australian child death cases. Daniel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hollypolly View Post
    How can they not see the baby as human and not be somewhat mentally ill?
    that's a quote from the article:

"STILL, the question remains: if these woman aren't mentally ill (and in most cases they are not), what drives them to kill their babies? Poverty and social isolation, as well as shame, panic and an iron-willed determination to keep their lives baby-free and uncomplicated, appear to be contributing factors in many instances. But the causes and psychological reasoning - what goes on in the minds of these women - is only vaguely understood.

John Scott says it is easy to dispose of an ''object'' that we have no emotional links with. Moreover, he says, if the object threatens to block social opportunities, crime becomes a viable option.

''It is easier to kill animals because they are not 'human'. At what stage does an infant become 'human'? Not an easy answer here and [it] is likely to vary between individuals and cultures,'' he says in an email.

''Part of being human is having a social identity and part of this identity is formed from the onset of the pregnancy being made public. If this status is not made public, is it possible for a social identity to adequately develop? If this identity is less developed, it may be easier to commit the crime.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/sins-...#ixzz3K23f1DoI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Could very well be! That is a biblical name, and definitely one of the most infamous Australian child death cases. Daniel.
    I wonder how this little man will feel when he is an adult knowing that his Mother tried to kill him and than was given the privilege to name him....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mental Illness is a strange thing. There is obviously diagnosable mental illness, and then there's something else all together.
    I find it hard to believe that somebody who sees a baby, child, or other human being as a disposable item, isn't mentally ill. Mind you, maybe it's because calling a monster like this "mentally ill" then puts people who do have true diagnosable, treatable mental illness in the same basket is extremely unfair?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (25-11-2014),misho  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    The Hospital, doctor or nurse who attended the birth must send notification to the registry and I always thought the registry would check this against registrations, as there's a $1408 fine if a birth is not registered within 60 days.

But then there is still the issue of free births. One of the things I read was that women who are in denial about or try to conceal a pregnancy are more likely to attempt a free birth.
    The fine in qld is actually $4.50, according to the website...
    Attached Images