Closed Thread
Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ladybug14 and everyone else reading along on here.

38 weeks ladybug - that is awesome! Good luck with the last 2 weeks, it must be so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time?

Thinking of you @francesthecat and and also you @MGC Bertie @PreciousHeart @Miss Sagi and all the other ladies that have been so kind to me and generous with their advice. I wish none of us ever had to be on these boards but man I am glad they exist! It's so bewildering and disheartening when you are diagnosed with immune issues when most of us have had a long old battle to get to this point anyway... but coming on here made me feel less alone and that it IS possible to have a baby, despite the odds.

AFM I am 31 weeks today, 9 weeks to go. Waddling around like a penguin and still marveling that I am pregnant at all. I have had both Dr M and my obstetrician take care of me during pregnancy and I'm now down to just clexane, 3 weeks left of that and that will be the end of my immune meds. Which makes me nervous but I can't say I miss the steroids, the cash spent on neupogen, or the 4 hour round trip to have intralipids done every 4 weeks, but I honestly believe Dr M's protocol is what got me, and kept me pregnant.

Prior to going on his treatment I had 4 IVF failures with 2 sets of donor eggs and no implantation. he has been nothing short of wonderful with me, and I know he speaks at volume 2 on the phone and you often have no idea why he is doing what he is doing but he has been so thorough with me and really helped me out when I had bleeding in early pregnancy and was terrified. I am still nervous, even at this stage, and don't think I will fully relax and believe until I have my baby in my arms. But I do like how Dr M does a full blood count every time he reduces me or weans me off a drug so he is satisfied I no longer need it. If I lived anywhere near him I'd have asked him to be my obstetrician in a heartbeat.

I know not everybody gets pregnant first go with Dr M, I was very lucky that that happened for me, but every time I went to Hurstville for the intralipids I would meet yet another woman he had helped and I think he has a lot he can do for us unlucky ones, even those who have been told they don't have a hope in hell of getting pregnant. That was me 6 years ago, I was told I had a 2-5% chance of carrying a baby and I thank my lucky stars every single day for the position I am now in. Don't give up hope.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (03-05-2015),ladybug14  (03-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (04-05-2015),Miss Sagi  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

@Legwarmer: not long now until the baby arrives. When u said full blood count, what is he looking for?

I am off prednisolone and progesterone now. Clexane will be next. Aspirin will replace Clexane until 34w, although I know it is not the same thing. OB adds provera due to placenta previa. Gosh...I thought we have enough and still hit the odd for thing like this.
    Last edited by bbhope; 03-05-2015 at 19:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Legwarmer, glad to hear your on the home stretch.
    BB, i had full blood count tests because of the Neupogen. Now that I've finished that I don't think i need that test anymore? I'm just being monitored with CD markers now, the ones I sent you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bb it seems to be a different thing every time. Sometimes it's been CDA markers (from memory), after the clexane stops my next blood test is for anti X A and cortisol. I don't understand what it all means or why he checks for those things in particular, but they must relate to whatever the drugs have been doing in my body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bhope.... hmmm... I'm not off Prednisolone yet, even though I'm in front of you. But I am down to 5mg a day, then in two weeks I go down to 2.5mg for two weeks, then I think that will be it.

How exciting, those of you who don't have too long to go. I still have ages to go (I'm 23 weeks now), but I know it will go fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MGC Bertie: bub is growing fine so i am more than happy to wean of prednisolone. I know DrM tends to go a bit longer. I got a lot of side effects with it, especially the diabetes. OB is requesting me to retest the glucose level again. I won't have a break with the med anytime soon, though. I will be on aspirin and provera......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies! I have been MIA for a while (since I had the bloods taken) as Dr M is a busy busy man and hasn't been able to find time for a phone consult, but last night he finally rang and it seems that we may have a reason for our past 5 embryo transfer failures.

My ANA was elevated, (i think I recall 1:160 if that makes any sense). My Thyroglobulin Antibodies were also elevated and it seems I have high NKC's also. (Mainly CD57 from what I can read).

We have one frozen embryo here so it looks like next cycle i will be beginning Prednisone on CD1 (15mg) and then begin Clexane one week before transfer and then have an Intralipid infusion also one week before. I am so, so grateful for this thread, honestly without it i would have struggled to have found Dr M. I can't believe that it has taken this long to seek a second opinion. Now to try and remain optimistic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eveclo, I'm glad you finally have a treatment plan. On and upwards now 😊

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

eveclo  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have been on this thread..

I am currently having my 7th chem in the last two years...I was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease last year, but am now in remission. My fs thinks this is the problem. To my know,edge all tests have been good, sperm good, tubes open, hormone levels good, bloods fine. I have 1 Ds who we conceived with no fertility assistance, but we had several chems before him and almost lost him a number of times.

My problem is that I cannot take prednisolone. It gives me severe steroid psychosis (as in so bad I am admitted to a psychiatric hospital hallucinating and delusional...and stay there for months). It is obviously not an option. This is already been a huge problem as prednisolone is pretty much the only drug that can medically treat my disease, so I have had to work very hard to get into remission.

Everything I have read says I need this drug to suppress the immune system for pregnancy. My doc has suggested clexane and asprin instead. Do you ladies think a successful pregnancy is possible without prednisolone. Has anyone with immune issues managed to have a baby without prednisolone?

I am exhausted with getting my hopes up. I know I need to try. But I am not sure how much longer I can keep having these disappointments. And I feel trapped not being able to take the prednisolone.

Is there even hope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Legwarmer thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad you got your miracle Bub and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly
    @eveclo good luck this cycle! It is great that you have a treatment plan and I wish you all the best.