Closed Thread
Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Precious Heart Genea just last week reviewed their PGD testing costs to a per embryo cost which is better for those of us at the older end of the scale who will likely have less embryos ... I think it is $350 per embryo to a maximum of $3500 - I was pretty pleased that they rang to let me know this even though we had commenced our cycle - they reviewed the account and everything - might have helped that my FS had told me it was happening and I mentioned it to the accounts lady when we met ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Janetb3 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh BBhope don't give up you're doing so well, just feel confident it will all happen for you after Christmas...Asia sounds like a good idea!!! Sorry you're having to go through this, it's so awful, stay strong xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well sadly it's a negative for us... HCG today was 4 so another chemical? last cycle the HCG was 2.7 and the one prior was zero... the first of our 4 donor egg embies I had HCG of 117 but it never doubled and was all over by 5 weeks.

Despite saying this would be the end of it... of course we now are thinking of the option to do one more round with our lovely egg donor and then do the full IVIG and neupogen with the best embie, do PGD which we've never done before, and if that doesn't work, ask for 2 embies (if we have them) to be put in as that is how we got our son. So hard to stop and so difficult to continue but thankful we have that option.

MGC Bertie, how are you holding up??? All the best for the 17th my dear XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope, I hope you're able to find a donor that you're happy with soon. Hang in there. Big hugs.
    @PreciousHeart, I'm so nervous every time in check in here in case there's an update from you! I'm guessing you haven't POAS. So much good luck for tomorrow. Try not to be discouraged by lack of symptoms-it means nothing!
    @MGC Bertie, hope the 2ww is whizzing by for you and you're not going too bonkers!
    @francesthecat, where are you at with your cycle? Hope all is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart, I must have been typing at the same time as you. I'm so so sorry. That breaks my heart-I really thought this would be it for you. Huge huge hugs. Happy to hear that you're going to keep trying though-let's hope the new plan is just what's needed. I really am so sorry, I'm all teary (and on public transport!!). No one deserves all this disappointment for something we put so much into. Hope you've got your son and hubby there to pamper and take care of you. Xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladybug, we must have posted at the same time!!! thanks for checking on me, wish we were preggers together, oh well, I'm so happy you are!

JanetB thanks a million for letting me know re the PGD cost... that's so much better isn't it??? do they charge you per day 3 embie, is that how it works, or is it per day 5 embie?
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 11-12-2014 at 12:39.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Precious Heart xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also keen to know the HLA matching costs?? Dr M has asked DH and I do do this as the next step...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scruffy, nice to hear from you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious.... oh, so very sorry that the last of your donor embryos didn't work. I was actually thinking ut good to hear you're already thinking of some new plans.

AFM.... very busy at work, and plenty of evening meetings and events to keep me occupied, so haven't had any time to google during the TWW. Today is 7dpo, so implantation should be happening now, and as usual, I feel nothing. But won't fret yet :-))

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post: