Closed Thread
Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Fiona2 thank you 😊 so I'm guessing since that's the next step with ivig anyway, whether I have the bloods or not perhaps won't really matter, I'll still get HLA matching though because if i need LIT I'd like to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I've just finished reading all 6 threads and I want to thank you for sharing your journeys with us. I was happy for your success and sad when things were not going well for you. And most importantly, I felt you close to my heart.

Quick history for myself:
    Had 4 failed IVF cycles, 1 pregnancy but only an empty sac at the 7 week scan. I am a poor responder, but we always had a good embryo to transfer. I always thought that is my bad eggs, but before moving to egg donation I thought I should check everything, including immune issues.

I had the blood tests done with dr M. Waiting for the follow up appointment at the end of April, but from what I could get from the results I have elevated ANA (1:320) and possible elevated NK cells.

I also had the hysteroscopy and NK cells biopsy with my fs on Friday.

Now waiting for the results. It is really hard because we put all our hopes into the egg donation and now we're thinking that this might not work as well. But your perseverance and your successes give me hope.

Thanks again

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HFAM For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (13-04-2015),Karolina  (13-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missalissa, I think it is good to do the bloods in Chicago. They test for hla matches, cytokines, LAD,activity of the NK cells (not just the amount of them) and if they respond to IVIG. I was like you thinking why do I need them if IL of IVIG would be my next choice anyway but now I look back at it and think I really wasted money and time not doing them straight away and doing cycles which had no chances to work. From my tests dr M could quickly discover that I actually have to have a combination of both ivig and IL in each cycle and my IL need to be the higher dose and I'll be doing the LiT too.
    I think the result was also really good for my head. I understand now why 3 cycles on Bondi protocol and IL didn't work. It gave me new wave of hope to have such detailed diagnosis.
    All the best x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Karolina For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Karolina..... just thought I'd mention that my DH asked after you out-of-the-blue the other night :-)) He never has shown much interest in my Bubhub addiction, but particularly asked me how you were going. I think he's expecting us to bump into each other sometime at Hurstville again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, that's nice you guys are thinking of me. Having a bit of a break now until G sets me up with dates for all the treatments. As I'll be doing LIT I will need at least 2 months before I start but yes hopefully we'll bump into each other at Hurstville again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Karolina For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am hoping for some advice !

In a few weeks I will be having my first Intralipids infusion with Dr M. Has anyone got any tips ? I am flying out to Cape Town at 10am the next morning which has me a tiny bit concerned !

Also, I have managed to lose my detailed (not) plan from Dr M so before I try to get it again over the phone via G, I was hoping someone else might have used Dexam (steroid) as part of their program with DrM. If so, did you start 5 days before transfer ? Or was it earlier ?

Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy, I havent had intralipids with Dr M before, but from what I've read from others you can leave the hospital when its finished late at night. I wouldn't think it will affect you getting on your flight.

Good luck in SA, its such a beautiful country you'll love it 😊

As for the Dex every plan is individual so you should check with G. I looked back at my calendar but i didn't put the start date in there. I think it was 3wks before transfer, but i know his treatment plan could also be 1wk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cathy: the intralipid is done late in the evening. You can leave early in the morning. No prob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy... Dr M's intrallipids finish about 10.30pm. By the time you get home late and get up early for your flight you won't get much sleep, but you can sleep in the hospital and hopefully sleep on the flight!! Good luck.

Yes, every Dexs regime is different, so you're best to phone. In the first cycle of using Dex I started (1 x 0.5) on day 2 of AF, increase Dex (2 x 0.5) on day 11 and then the FET was on day 24, but that was o BFN. The second cycle of using Dex was straight after this cycle, but for some reason I haven't written down my Dex dosages, but I think I basically didn't have a break and just continued it, and this got my BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default HRT Cycle/ Fresh Stimm back to back

Hi Ladies,

Ive got lots to read up on again. Been MIA somewhat lately try to keep positive but, its been a struggle.

I wondered for everyones thoughts on DEX and weaning ?

As I am doing a donor cycle with dex, intralipid clexane antibiotics. With some luck (ha) this will be a success.
    My last intralipid was a horrible experience, the needle came out of my vein and just puffed up under my skin in my hand.
    It hurt so much I could not believe it.

But if this fails and on my very next cycle I am going to do a last shot at my own eggs. Last time I did not respond well which was very unexpected.
    But at a much cheaper clinic, so Ill do the immune protocol myself.
    This is to use the most of the tax benefits for this F year, plus Im not getting any younger.

My question is if its a straight out BFN at blood test, would I even bother to stop taking the dex??
    Or just keep taking it as I would be start injections as soon as day 2 of the next cycle??

Ladies please advise your thoughts

Many thanks