Closed Thread
Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @Bella978 I've wanted to join the FB group for a while i just get worried others may see I'm a part of the group or they'll see what I post, it's good to no it's confidential 😊 when I feel ready I'll inbox you too add me 😊
    Your friends cannot see that you are part of the group and they can't see what you comment or post on there. I was super paranoid about that and just make sure I open the group page and then post (not sure if it works any other way, but I'm not that technical and that way I know I'm posting in the right area).

They are a lovely supportive group of women and there is a mix of graduates, pregnant and TTC'ers so you don't feel alone no matter what stage you are at. I have met some of the ladies in the hospital and then in dr m's waiting room since and it's so nice to put faces to names.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (02-04-2015),Pauli77  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Hi ladies

I have been lurking for a while and enjoying all the recent positive results - congratulations all and fingers crossed for the bleed and bed-rest girls.

A quick summary of me ..... mid 40's single doing 2nd DE cycle via CFC in Cape Town in conjunction with Dr M's 'starter' protocol here; late May/early June hopefully.

I did Clexane and Pred for the last cycle (Twein BFP but 8-9w miscarriage) so this time I am on Dex, Clex, Intralipids, a thyroid med I have forgotten and the usual Gestone & Progynova. Out of interest he also told me 1000mg Vit E for lining and 1-2 x Caltrate Plus for the Calcium & Vit D. (I have taken Caltrate for years so will just double the dose to compensate for the Dex impact.)

I read someones comments a few days ago about being happy to use the 'kitchen sick approach' and I have to say I loved that - I am a bit the same. I was almost disappointed when Dr M said 'just' Intralipids instead of IVIG. I know a lot about IVIG through a work connection and while i know it is horrendously expensive using it for Fert Treatment (much lower rate of govt subsidy than if you have one of the few diagnosed Immune issues it is approved for) but I am so over any romantic notion associated with the process of 'getting pregnant' that I just want to throw everything I can at it.

Can I ask those that have been with Dr M ...... he mentioned possibly doubling the progesterone ...... does he mean double the injections () or adding pesseries/crinone to them ? As everyone that deals with him knows, he isn't exactly clear sometimes so if I need to get more gestone or Crinone when in SA I just want to be forewarned ! Thanks everyone.
    Oh yes, I forgot about the vitamin E, I also took that at the start of my cycle for a bit. With the progesterone, I was only ever on pessaries, I never took the injections. There was talk of me going on them if I wasn't getting high enough P4 levels on the pessaries but luckily I did in the end. I was on a massively high dose of pessaries, 6 x 400mg daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone ... I haven't had a diagnosis of high NK cells yet...but I do have a very rare autoimmune disease which may be causing problems with ttc number 2. I saw a FS last week as we have had 8 chem pregnancies and with my pregnancy with DS1 I bled a lot.

Doc thinks I have a luteal phase defect as well. Monitoring my next cycle then on to clexane, progesterone, ovulation induction injection, asprin. Can't take prednisolone as I have severe side effects. Have started taking high dose folate.

Feeling really overwhelmed...especially as any pregnancy I have will be high risk due to bipolar disorder . Not sure what to expect with the meds, hoping they won't negatively impact my mood.

I hope you don't mind me joining this group...would love to hear about your experiences. Wishing the absolute best to all of you and your journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think ivig is commonly used for cancer patient? That's why one gets medicare rebate if the item number is correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patience86: it looks like your FS is doing the kitchen sink approach as well. If you have so many chem preg, I won't be surprised that the NK cell is elevated as well. Perhaps it is worth testing it out.

Two ppl have mentioned it recently. Arent we not supposed to take clexane and aspirin at the same time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you ladies for the info on vitamins. Ive got lots of deficiencies due to the huge amount of bowel Ive lost.
    Ive just got my Vit D to 53, taking 4 times the normal dose.
    Vit B injections monthly now
    All my nails have broken off, gardening did not help either.
    But thanks for the information on how what DEX can do.

Thanks for the info on the FB group too

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina: you asked me about biopsy with DrM. Yes, I did. Any gyno can do it and it doesn't have to be done via him. The reason I flew all the syd to do this is because I couldnt find a Dr who was willing to take me on as a patient without me cycling at his/her ivf clinic. I did find a dr who will do endo scratch for me before my interstate FeT and in principle can just send off the sample to test but he thinks immune stuff is rubbish. So I did the "scratch" twice! I wish I have known my OB back then. I am sure that he would be happy to do it. DrM likes to do it himself because no one can interpret the result from that lab but him. They aren't using any standard measurement. FS gave me a full ears when I told her I had DrM to do it. That's because she would have done it for me (maybe even for free) since I already flew all the way to Sydney. Also, she couldn't interpret the result because it is a non standard measurement. She only went by my BT result in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @evelco so glad ur appnt went well with dr m, have you considered also doing pgd testing of your embryos to make sure they are chromosomally normal?? I'm 27dp 30 and have had 4early losses and many bfn so we are now testing our embryos in our next cycle
    That way you are 100% the embryos are normal when you transfer them and your immune treatment is sufficient
    Hi Miss Alina, yes yes we have definitely considered it. Our previous FS's (we have had 2) both have said it's not needed as we are both young (both in early/mid 20's) and no history of anything but i really think they're wrong and i'd rather have the PGD testing done to be sure. We currently live in Albury Wodonga and the clinic here does not do PGD testing. We move to Sydney in June/July so we will do another fresh cycle there (if our FET here doesn't work - we have one we are transferring before we move). I agree with you completely i think it's even just good for piece of mind to know what is going on. Good luck to you with your next cycle and pgd

Speaking of FS' does anyone have any recommendations on great ones Western Sydney way? I have been looking into Dr Lok who seems nice. Clinics that do PGD preferably too. And don't mind DR M

Thanks
    Reviews
    DrM only does immune side of thing. He does do ivf. Are you thinking about dr Derek lok from Ganae?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    When you take steroids you need to also make sure you are taking calcium and vitamin D supplements, Dr M is quite strict on this and reminds me every time to keep taking them as steroids can cause bone density loss. I also take magnesium supplements to help with sleep.
    Ah great advice. I have natures own calcium, magnesium and vit D in the cupboard all conveniently combined into one pill Thankyou xx