Closed Thread
Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FACEBOOK GROUP - Hi all. Many of the originals and older members from this thread are in a facebook group together. The group is closed/private and no one on your fb knows you are in it or can see your posts. It's a very informative and personal group and if any of you would like to join just PM me your name and email address and I can add you. Please know before you decide that if you prefer anonymity then Bubhub is a better forum for you. In our Facebook group every one uses their real Fb profile, name and picture. Ladies in there range from TTC to graduates. It's a lovely, supportive group and new members are welcome as long as they are willing to contribute regularly to the group and support other members.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (01-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (01-04-2015),Pauli77  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindy111 View Post
    Thankyou for your kind words, it's so cruel isn't it. Thankyou so much for your advice, you may have potentially saved my pregnancy. I spoke with my endocrinologist and obstetrician today and they agreed that i need to be on prendisalone. The OB said clexane isn't necessary. So I'm truly a big pill bottle! Metformin, aspirin, thyroxine 200mcg, prendisalone 15mg for two weeks, 10mg another two weeks then 5mg until 10 weeks. Do I need to watch out for anything with the steroids?
    When you take steroids you need to also make sure you are taking calcium and vitamin D supplements, Dr M is quite strict on this and reminds me every time to keep taking them as steroids can cause bone density loss. I also take magnesium supplements to help with sleep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

Pauli77  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do u know how much to take for the calcium? I am taking one caltrate tablet per day. I have vit D deficiency so I take ostelin on top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Do u know how much to take for the calcium? I am taking one caltrate tablet per day. I have vit D deficiency so I take ostelin on top.
    My FS told me 1200mg per day, which is 2 x Caltrate. Yeah I also have low vit D, so now I take a combined Calcium and Vit D supplement, or rather 2 of them each day. Good levels of vitamin D are essential for fertility/conception anyway and lots of other things. A good blast of sunshine is always a winner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I have been lurking for a while and enjoying all the recent positive results - congratulations all and fingers crossed for the bleed and bed-rest girls.

A quick summary of me ..... mid 40's single doing 2nd DE cycle via CFC in Cape Town in conjunction with Dr M's 'starter' protocol here; late May/early June hopefully.

I did Clexane and Pred for the last cycle (Twein BFP but 8-9w miscarriage) so this time I am on Dex, Clex, Intralipids, a thyroid med I have forgotten and the usual Gestone & Progynova. Out of interest he also told me 1000mg Vit E for lining and 1-2 x Caltrate Plus for the Calcium & Vit D. (I have taken Caltrate for years so will just double the dose to compensate for the Dex impact.)

I read someones comments a few days ago about being happy to use the 'kitchen sick approach' and I have to say I loved that - I am a bit the same. I was almost disappointed when Dr M said 'just' Intralipids instead of IVIG. I know a lot about IVIG through a work connection and while i know it is horrendously expensive using it for Fert Treatment (much lower rate of govt subsidy than if you have one of the few diagnosed Immune issues it is approved for) but I am so over any romantic notion associated with the process of 'getting pregnant' that I just want to throw everything I can at it.

Can I ask those that have been with Dr M ...... he mentioned possibly doubling the progesterone ...... does he mean double the injections () or adding pesseries/crinone to them ? As everyone that deals with him knows, he isn't exactly clear sometimes so if I need to get more gestone or Crinone when in SA I just want to be forewarned ! Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! Hope you are all doing well.

I just had my first phone consult with Dr M this morning - you were all right he is lovely!

I'm awaiting an email hopefully over the next few days to have some blood work done, and then hopefully some answers. He said to me that I may have to have some bloods sent off to Chicago as well, so we will see.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is a member of this thread because without it i wouldn't have found dr. M who can at least try to help uncover the reason behind our failures

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cathy69: what dose r u on for the progesterone? Actually, DrM said that if intralipid doesn't work for me, he would recommend neupogen for me next. Deep down, I know I don't have severe immune issue so I am just happy to do intralipid on my second transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @evelco so glad ur appnt went well with dr m, have you considered also doing pgd testing of your embryos to make sure they are chromosomally normal?? I'm 27dp 30 and have had 4early losses and many bfn so we are now testing our embryos in our next cycle
    That way you are 100% the embryos are normal when you transfer them and your immune treatment is sufficient

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bella978 I've wanted to join the FB group for a while i just get worried others may see I'm a part of the group or they'll see what I post, it's good to no it's confidential 😊 when I feel ready I'll inbox you too add me 😊

12. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy.... I just jumped up when I read your comment, "I know a lot about IVIG through a work connection and while i know it is horrendously expensive using it for Fert Treatment (much lower rate of govt subsidy than if you have one of the few diagnosed Immune issues it is approved for)". Can you please explain what kind of govt subsidy are you talking about? All DrM receipts say "no Medicare or PHI", so I have never queried that.

As to progesterone, for this cycle I was on 3 x 400 progesterone pessaries daily. My FS said for this IUI I didn't need any progesterone at all, so Dr M's dosage was way higher!!
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 01-04-2015 at 15:44.