Closed Thread
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Pauli... I'm 75kg and we've been doing 15g IVIG all along. I did say to DrM early on about having 20g, because I'd read that's the dosage mostly used in the US, and he said we could, if we wanted, but that he thought that 15g would be enough, so we went with that. Again, it's obviously not a precise science.
    Aren't you also on neupogen? That might be why he's happy with 15g?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Pauli77  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauli77 View Post
    Thanks MCG Bertie :-) You are becoming a champion of Intrallipids...

The only thing that can't understand is that Dr M initially said also 15 gr and then I said well...should be more than that because my weight is 50 kgs at 0.400 g per kilo ...is 20 grams(that's the Alan Beer Center protocol)

Looks like Dr M is doing 15 gr for everybody...is that good enough? Bella978 ? or any lovely, lucky lady that had a baby or is about to ? We are struggling trying to understand and evaluate money/risks....

Thanks a lot !

Sorry Pauli I only ever had intralipids at the standard dose of 500mls xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Pauli77  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls I'm new here and need help. I have a beautiful 18 month old girl through ICSI IVF for what I thought was pcos and hypothyroid, and poor old DH had Homer Simpson sperm. In December I lost a natural pregnancy at 9w1d and after my new endocrinologist reviewed my old bloods from before IVF, he informs me that my antibodies are very high and that I have hashimotos. My old endocrinologist must have forgotten to pass this info on almost two years ago. I am on thyroxine, metformin and aspirin. My obstetrician doesn't seem to think I need clexane in the future, but I am still wondering if she is right. I am so excited but incredibly nervous to say I am pregnant 4w1d I had my Bhcg E2 P4 and TFTs today. Can anyone shed any light or advice on the clexane debate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls,
    i just came back from overseas and on my 6th cycle now. glad to hear so many good news. congraz to all with bubs and wish we all have fruitful 2015.
    Dr M said my CD57 is little bit high and the ratio of Cd8/cd57 is a bit high as well. he said i can use either IL or ivig but because of the cost i want to ask some opinion here:
    what does ratio of cd8/cd57 mean? anybody has this problem?
    ivig and il for different things or they almost do the same thing?
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry bindy i couldnot help but surely someone would be able to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bindy: sorry, I don't know much about hashimoto. I am on clexane for no obvious reason as I only have elevated ANA and no blood clotting disorder. I am fine with this. Don't mind kitchen sink approach. FS suggested me to stop at 24w. Ob wants me to stop clexane at 16w and switches me to aspirin until 36w!! Ob thinks aspirin does similar job and it is easier to take/manage than clexane. FS told me not to take both at the same time. My US friend's mom has one of the blood clotting gene mutations and she only used aspirin to keep the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

Ps: hehe...I think when I consult too many drs, it only makes me even more confused! I remember DrM also has his patients use clexane until further along on the pregnancy. I was happy with FS suggestion but will probably go with OB suggestion given the expansion rate of my belly atm. I won't have room to jab soon.

Edit: sorry bindy111, I came across your other post. I am so sorry for your loss. I have had 2 early loss myself. If you have ANA positive and high, you should be on steroid for sure. Xx
    Last edited by bbhope; 30-03-2015 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... yes, definitely don't take aspirin and Clexane together. I'm 18 weeks at the moment, and Dr M has said to keep on Clexane for a lot longer, though he did say he may let me in 4 weeks time to lower the dose from 60 a day to 40, so we'll see what he says then.

Chiefsgirl.... The first couple of times I did IVIG I wasn't on Neupogen, just the 15g of IVIG, but I fought to use Neupogen. The first time I used it it didn't work, but it was the protocol I was on for this BFP. I finished it a couple of weeks ago, so am just doing Intrallipids, Prednisolone and Clexane at the moment.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Pauli77  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie: when did u finish progesterone? And prednisolon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't on aspirin and clexane at the same time. One or the other. I was told aspirin is a blood thinner and clexane is an anticoagulant - but this could mean the same thing, I'm not sure as it's been a while since I've read up on it all.

For me, aspirin alone didn't work in those early stages when the placenta was trying to form, once there was good blood flow later in the pregnancy I was able to switch from clexane to aspirin, but also was forced to do this as the clexane was aiding a rather large bleed. Have to try and avoid bleeds when on the clexane, this is why people often couple it with the steroids to help suppress the immune system a little more.