Closed Thread
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miissalina I really think you should quit dairy from what you're saying happens when you eat it... I use vitasoy rice milk it has the same amount & kind of calcium as cow milk & you get used to it & forget what cow milk tastes like! I don't eat cereal as gluten free, seriously try cutting the dairy to see if your weird pains go away. Them stay off if while TTC, you can always have it again later in your life if you want to. Don't risk not trying it, dairy causes inflammation & immune responses - it's actually easy to not eat it : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Missalina.... thanks for thinking of me. My BT is not until Fri 19 Dec, so still a whole two weeks away. We couldn't do IUI at the beginning, because of DH's sperm issues, but now since we're just using anon DS thought we'd give it a try. The FS thought I was crazy, but I told him it's more for peace of mind to move on. He quite easily then took my money for it!!

My FS only prescribes prednisolone at 10mg before ET and 20mg after. Dr M was prescribing for me 25mg before ET and 30mg, so that's what I was taking. But I never got any implantation, so fought hard for him to let me use Dex, which I understood was the stronger stuff (one cycle 2x0.5 per day, but this cycle 3x0.5 per day).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (07-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow so you're in the 2ww already @MGC Bertie. Best of luck. Things can happen when we least expect them and when things aren't what we'd say are 'perfect' so I really hope the IUI does the trick.
    @PreciousHeart, still keeping zen? How many days post ET are you now? Hoping it's all going well.
    @francesthecat, that's great things are happening so quickly. Glad to hear your clinic are looking after you and are being empathetic to what you've been through. Stay strong and positive.
    @Miissilina, the lap being clear is a mixed blessing ha. I wished they'd found something on mine too that was fixable and would get me a bfp. But so many do say that a lap/Hysto got them a bfp soon after so hopefully it's the case for you.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-12-2014),PreciousHeart  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps @Missilina, my prednisolone dose was 20mg I think 2 weeks before ET and 25mg after. My bfp cycle was Dex tho.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladybug... I'm 8 days post 5dt today, so day 13... Normally I would test already but I'm holding out this time, too much to cope with being our last DE embie of 4... very nerve wracking, I put myself on 1600mg progesterone a day which brought my levels up from 23 to 54 last week... Not feeling much & it's getting hard to stay positive. At least I have 2 more days of possibly being pregnant which is nice, thanks for thinking of me : )

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (09-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear FrancestheCat

I think one of the big issues as you hit (as we have) the pointier end of fertility age you don't have time to even begin to comprehend let alone start to heal from one loss before you embark on the next part of the journey ... your courage is inspirational I think you are one very special lady!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, hope things are going well. Fx for positive precious.

Question to those who have done SA donor IVF. Do you get your meds here in Australia? Does the govt cover it? Who has to write the script? GP?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BBhope thanks for your well wishes.. There is a SA egg donor thread on bubhub & the ladies there will definitely be able to help you with those questions.

Can those of you who've done the genetic matching tests with dr m tell me how much it costs? Also is genea PGD around $3500 for normal testing with freeze all?

Blood test tomorrow, not hopeful & not ready to stop it seems, even though I logically know we should if negative...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to MGCBertie and Precious Heart, have everything crossed for you.

BBHope, i got my main meds from an online pharmacy in the UK. I already had the pill and Prognova so didn't need to get them. If you have a supportive FS they should give you the scripts but I chose a 1 injection Prostap (also know as Lucrin) but you can't get this in Aus, only the daily Luring or Synarel. I also founed the UK pharmacy a lot cheaper. Fertility2u.com
    I don't think .GPs can write a script for synarel or lucrin but just ask them. And no, Medicare doesn't help you at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks MissSagi! I am not single so don't know if that helps for getting the meds covered by medicare. But I doubt since it isn't part of the ivf cycle. Oh FS won't write any for sure! I am looking into importing my own sperm from the US and doing it in Asia. The flying distance is almost the same to Sydney anyway. That's right. Because here in Oz, we aren't allowed to select Y donor directly from the US site and u can't by pass the clinic controlling process. My counsellor told me that I should be happy that it is the sperm problem not the eggs (who knows!). You think we must be picky! No, all we want is matching physical characteristics, ok education/occupation and healthy. Too much to ask?! Where are the U.S. Donors to fill the gap on their list?! Rant over. I have been crying so much these days and thought our wait is over. It looks like no. Feel like giving up at this point.

Sorry I have been MIA. Just busy with this donor options.