Closed Thread
Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Excited1 View Post
    Hi ladies, apologies for the crashing of this thread. Ladydee suggested I ask you all for a bit of advice...

I've just done my third FET which came back as positive 2 days ago. During this cycle I broke my ankle and therefore have been on clexane 40mg since cd7 as I have had a dvt post surgery before. I have also had a miscarriage and an ectopic during my ivf time. I have never been tested for high NK cells but had an autoimmune disease diagnosed about 12 yrs ago.

SO with all this info, I haven't been told by my clinic what to do about the clexane. I am reluctant to stop it as obviously I got a BFP but how long should I stay on it? My orthopaedic surgeon prescribed it for me and I have enough to get to 8w at this stage. He will write me another script for it if I want.

Sorry for crashing but I am in perth which is notoriously crap for knowing about this stuff! Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
    I stayed on clexane my entire pregnancy both times, until the day before delivery. Then on again for a few weeks post delivery. Dr M usually gets you to stay on til 34-36wks but my ob told me just stay on til the end. Good luck.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-03-2015),Pauli77  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excited, it depends on what immune issues you have as to how long you need it , If you've had dvt before i dare say your at high risk of it happening again. Perhaps ask your FS if there's anyone the can consult with in their clinic regarding this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella..... oh, I was so hoping to not have to do those Clexane injections too much longer, but each time I see Dr M and ask him, he just says "stay on them a bit longer" but doesn't give me an actual timeframe. Whole pregnancy - oh no!!! And I'm only 17 weeks so far!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC, I'll also be on Clexane til the end due to MTHR gene. I'm waiting for him to cut them back from 2 a day to 1. Argh...my tummy looks like its been in a car accident.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie - can't believe you are 17 weeks already! I get the same answer from Dr M, 'yes just keep going on the clexane'... I am 25 weeks now, and have resigned myself to the fact that I'll most likely be on it till right up until the end. I'm injecting in my thighs now, which sounds horrendous but actually isn't too bad. I seem to get less bruising there than anywhere else, although the fluid going in stings like f**k! Eventually your belly becomes too hard to pinch any fat to inject into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ Excited1, congrats on the BFP. I hope this is your sticky bean. I don't think there would be any issues staying on the clexane for a while if that's what makes you feel most comfortable. Just make sure you stop if you have any spotting.
    @MGC Bertie, @Miss Sagi, @Legwarmer, to give you gals some clexane hope-I got told to stop at 32 weeks after my bloods came back with good levels. Dr M did say to swap to asprin for 4 weeks which I'm not that comfortable with so I asked to stay on until 36 weeks.
    @Bella978, do you know why you were on clexane after birth? I think Kiwi was the same. How is your little bub? Hope all going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello beautiful ladies. Has any of you done Laparoscopy for endo recently that wasn't too expensive? My FS said it's around $2k she thinks (which probably means $3k all up knowing life).
    Is that how much it costs everywhere? I askedny GP and he said I could go public but he said the wait is super long and they're not very flexible with dates and he wouldn't recommend...thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ladybug14 I stayed on clexane after the births because I had csections both times and as you're not as active after surgery you're a "clot risk" different OBs may have different recommendations though . Mine is very cautious and conservative.
    Wow Bertie and leg warmer, you are really getting on in your pregnancies! So exciting!
    DS is 7wks today. He is quite unsettled, we think due to wind the poor little man. Juggling a newborn and a toddler is challenging at times but we are managing! I read this thread all the time but rarely have time to post at the moment. Xox

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (20-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (22-03-2015),Scruffy  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Karolina I had one about 4yrs ago, didn't have phi at the time and my fs quoted similar but that was just their fee ... they failed to tell me about the day surgery bed fees and anesthetist cost and it ended up being close to $4k. Bit of a shock!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Karolina  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks you so much for the advice! It's much appreciated 😊