Closed Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It looks like i am getting full on with the side-effect of prednisolone. Weight gain, increase blood sugar, bloating, insomnia, osteoporosis, acne and now the new one is stretch marks. I am quite shocked to find this out really. I've no idea what it is until I ask DrGoogle and see some pics. I am not yet 12 week and i am looking like 5 month pregnant. I wasn't even overweight to begin with but by now I must be just over normal BMI. Anyway, does any of you get this many side effects? My OB will want to start weaning me off at 10 weeks. I feel more comfortable to do it after 12 week, which I'll push for it. I don't think i'll miss this drug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bb, I've been wondering why i already look 4mths pregnant when I'm only 8wks tomorrow. Funny thing is I weighed 69kg when I started the Dex in January. For the last couple of weeks all of my skirts and jeans are too tight already so I thought I'd weigh myself today expecting to see a gain of at least 5kgs, but I've only put on 1.5kgs which would be from all the food i ate in SA and continue to eat like a pig on these drugs. I can only suspect why my stomach is so huge is its bloated from the projesterone and swollen from the 4 injections a day in the tummy and bum. It does worry me as I don't want to tell people until I'm 12 - 14wks but I wont be able to hide it in a couple of weeks.

Plus having moon face doesn't help also makes me look like I've just put on weight all over!
    Last edited by Miss Sagi; 15-03-2015 at 15:38.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Hope, my main meals are nice and healthy, its in between meals where I go off the rails, so those smoothy recipes look like the trick 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies! So glad I found this thread.

I have had 3 fresh ICSI cycles and 2 FET's since December 2013. All have been negative. After our first Embryo Transfer back in December 2013, I developed a rash all over my body (beginning on my arms though) which was like hives. It came about 8/9 days after a 3 day transfer. It was awful! I ended up being admitted to hospital with swelling on my skin and hands and in so much pain and so itchy! Our doctor thought nothing of it at the time but now after a few more failed cycles I am starting to think that rash was a symptom of Immune System failure or something towards my embryos.

A little bit about me- I'm 22, my Husband is 24 and we were diagnosed with Male Factor Infertility a few years ago. We were told that my tests had come back all clear but M's (my H) were low everything and the count was usually about 3mil per mL. So we needed ICSI.

Our first cycle went really well, with 11 eggs/10 mature/8 fertilised with ICSI and 1 transferred on Day 3 at 8 cell. We also froze 3 on day 3 and one more on Day 6 that was a Blastocyst. I had the negative pregnancy test 2 days after developing the rash (and I also got my period 2 days before the BT).

2nd Cycle/1st FET - We defrosted 1 x 8 cell, 3 day embryo and grew it to day 5 where it became a Morula. Transferred and BFN

3rd Cycle/2nd FET - We decided to transfer 2 embryos, we defrosted the remaining 3 day embryos and they both arrested on defrosting. We then defrosted the Day 6 embryo and transferred it. Once again, BFN (getting used to it! ha!)

4th Cycle/2nd Fresh ICSI - I get only 7 eggs/5 mature/5 fertilised with ICSI and on day 5 only 1 Blastocyst and Morula. Transferred both and BFN. Nothing to freeze.

5th Cycle/3rd Fresh IVF & ICSI - 15 eggs/13 mature/10 fertilised (3 with IVF & 7 with ICSI) on day 5 only 1 x Blastocyst and on day 6; 1 x Blastocyst frozen. Day 5 Blast transferred and BFN. (I was on 20mg Prednisolone and Clexane from day of EPU)

I have had a hysteroscopy where everything looked fine, and the FS we have currently even came out to see me in the recovery room and said 'you'll be fine, you can get pregnant for sure'. Eeep.

I have emailed the forms off to Dr Matthias and am hoping to have a phone appointment with him ASAP. I have absolutely loved reading all of the positive stories regarding his treatment and I really hope to be one of these successes one day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eveclo, welcome. Have you read the book "Is your body baby friendly". A very interesting book written by Dr M's mentor, Dr Beers.
    Good luck with your first appointment and prepare yourelf for the initial blood tests he'll send you for, about 14 vials. I hope it gives you some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Sagi! No, I haven't but I have heard great things about it. I might order off eBay and see how I go. Man, that's a lot of blood! I guess i'll have to keep up the water a few days before hand! I live in Victoria, so will be doing a phone consult. Does he sent the Blood test forms in the mail and then I can go to a local Pathologist or must I go to one in Sydney, do you know?

Thanks for your recommendations,
    I hope so too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He'll email you the pathology requests. Prescriptions they put in the post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - I'm Merls. Been loitering for a while as FS was testing for high NK and finally got results back today - positive. This accounts for all the miscarriages

So the good news is I have an answer - the bad news is I don't know what to do with that info.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones who only needs Clomid and Pregnyl and I'm UTD, but I'm worried I'll never carry full term.

So if it's ok, I might hang around here and learn a thing or two - this is totally new ground for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    This week, I've changed over to 30mg Pred. Man its evil, Dex is so much better. I've been ferral at work, heart palps, hot flushes, sweating, have the jitters and i seem to be able to eat more!

Had my 8wk scan today....They're both still in there!
    Both are measuring perfect size and perfect heart rates 174 & 178.
    Only sad news is I had to buy a pair of maternity jeans yesterday as mine don't fit. I already look 4-5mths prego so dont know how I'm going to keep it from the world until 14wks...yikes!

BB, interesting that they havent asked me to do any blood tests?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (19-03-2015)