Closed Thread
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope, We are on a double edge sord with the cortisteriods but i think the need outweighs the risks. I've already put on 2.5kgs with the horrid drugs from eating, but miraculously have lost 1kg in the last 2 days. I told Dr M yesterday I'm having Intralipids every 4 weeks here. He didnt say anything so don't stress about it.
    Your results are borderline and if they're increased by the drugs then I'd say your ok, just make sure you put more healthy things in your mouth than naughty....this coming from me who just finished off a packed of zig zag twistees!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bb, Are you having it tested now due to your family history? I dont think i have a test until 28wks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladybugs: you said low dose. What's your dose?

MissSagi: It is part of the routine pregnancy test, which is generally ordered by GP at 8 weeks. It is a long list of tests include thyroid, vitamin D etc. I guess my OB just decided to do it early and a bit more closely monitoring me. Weekly so far. Fine by me. )) he just wants to make sure the pregnancy progresses given my history. No point doing intralipid every 2 weeks if nothing is going well, I guess. So will go in to see him next week before another round of intralipid. It will give me a peace of mind before heading off for work oversea. I am a bit nervous on the long haul flights but clexane and progesterone apparently help to keep uterus calm and preventing DVT according to FS and OB.

OB agrees to take care of me until 12 weeks. Then I am free to go anywhere. I don't know what to do afterward, though. His practice is far away from where I live. And the hospitals he affiliated with too. Anyway, one step at a time. I don't want to get ahead of myself here. Think about that later.

Did DrM order any test for u today?
    Last edited by bbhope; 06-03-2015 at 23:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bb, thanks for the heads up on all the blood tests at 8wks....I have no idea what happens after BFP.
    Buy some travel socks for your trip too. They're a reasonable price at chemist warehouse.
    I had the same dilemna with my FS/OB. His rooms and his hospital is on the other side of the city from where I live. But I decided to stick with him as he knows my history and the staff there are fantastic. I figure I'm only in the hospital for a few days.
    Dr M told me to have my immune blood tests in 4wks (10wks). Does that sound right?
    I also have blood tests every fortnight to watch my blood count with the neupogen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
    Hi Nidhulaine

I'm just wondering why you were put on Neupogen? I have elevated NK cells and DQ alpha gene match, which we are doing LIT, Intralips, asprin, clexane and Dex. Wondering whether I should ask my FS about adding Neupogen aswell??
    @Dizzy82, Nidhu hasn't been on here for a while. It would depend on your levels of CD57. I think Dr M prescribes it only if your levels are quite high and think its only prescribed for this immune issue. I have no idea about DQ alpha...sorry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Dizzy82  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plus, Although FS's will prescribe the standard...clexane, pred, intrilipids I don't think they know anything about Neupogen. Dr M monitors my full blood count every 2 weeks due to this drug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope, I was on 25mg and reduced to 20mg at 14 weeks, 15mg at 16 weeks, 10mg at 18 weeks, 5mg at 21 weeks, and weaned on 2.5mg for a week from 28 weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Dr M told me to have my immune blood tests in 4wks (10wks). Does that sound right?
    I also have blood tests every fortnight to watch my blood count with the neupogen.
    Yes. OB told me that he will do an immune blood so I assume after I come back from the work trip at 10w+. He said that he will evaluate if i need more intralipid (frequent) after that. As I mentioned, his reason behind more frequent at the early stage is that one needs to have a good development of placenta. Once the "foundation" is good, less complication later on. He is well aware that DrM does it through 20 week. Is this correct, ladies?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... I was on 30mg, down to 25mg at 14 weeks, but have to stay on that until I see Dr M at 17 weeks, so hope I can keep weaning from that point, as I'm really over taking tablets and having injections - seems to be the story of the last three years of my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally understand mgcBertie! I am just hoping that I won't be on prednisolone for long. If I develop diabetes, it will be needle for me for life.