Closed Thread
Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls I'm new here but not new to TTC.
    Id like to know more about everyone here. Firstly I'd like to apologise my English as I'm from overseas, but I'll do my bets to be clear on my words ;-).
    I'm 35yo and DF 43yo. I've been ttc for 2 years, first year naturally then we decided to look for help.
    Our first IVF none of my eggs was fertilised. Second one we didi ICSI I got 4 embies frozen and transferred all BFN, on my last transfer I was diagnosed with high NK Cells, Prednisolone and Clexane but didn't work. Changed clinic, third ICSI/PGD got 3 embryos tested, one bad, 2 good one and one still waiting on the results. Had a fresh transfer, the embryo that wasn't tested and another BFN. Total of 5 FETs BFN. Still on Prednisolone higher dose e Clexane. Next step one more transfer using the good embryo. If negative I'll do a Lap, the only thing I haven't done so far. I've been tested for everything and done a hysteroscopy (removed a big polyp).
    I'd like to ask my FS if I can't add intralipids on the top on Prednisolone and Clexane. Have you girls done it before? Or do I need to choose one or the other?

thank you and sorry for the long post.
    I'll catch up with all of you soon.

I won't give up until I have my miracle on my arms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome donotgiveup. You should definitely ask for Intralipids. Have you been tested for other immune issues? If not, you should as most women have at leeast a couple of immune issues. Have you read the book "is my body baby friendly", this will give you great insight into immune issues.
    Good luck with your next FET.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

DoNotGiveUp  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @DoNotGiveUp: as MissSagi said, have you tested on other immune issue? Such as thyroid function, mutation genes, etc. Many of us have done intralipid. I don't know if it is helpful or not in my case. I did intralipid last time and it was a chemical (the quality of the embie is in question). It works this time so far (FX) but i certainly has a good embie. I know someone who has higher NK cell result than me carrying on the pregnancy with only prednisolone and clexane. I am just throwing everything in and give my best shot.

Intralipid isn't invasive and is the first trial everyone should try unless you have severe immune issue. Which clinic are you with atm? Some FS will just try to convince you that there is no scientific evidence that intralipid helps.......but my FS has been supportive. Basically, do whatever i want if it makes me feel better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Sagi, thank you for your replay. Yes I've done so many tests the only thing that came out was High NK cells. Clotting, thyroid, DNA and much more. I've read the book too, thank you. I think I've done everything I could so far, but a Laparoscopy, hopefully I don't need it. I'll def ask for intralipids this time.

thank you. What about you? Where are you at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just came back from Donor in eggs in South Africa and got a BFP. First appt with FS on Thursday and hopefully I'll see if it's true and there's actually something growing in me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Bbhope, thank you for your advices. I'm definitely asking my FS for intralipids, I believe it will make my mind easier if I do it, at least I will know I've done everything I could. Sorry for your hard journey too. It so unfair isn't it? Apparently the prednisone and Clexane are not helping me. Next time will be a tested embryo transferred plus the drugs to fight against my NK cells. I've done BT which came high NK cells and endo scratch which which byopsy and came back high NK cells too.
    How the intralipids are given? Where do you have it? Do you know the cost of it too? How often it is suppose to be taken? Sorry for too many questions?
    How are you doing? Hope your miracle is not far to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is amazing news Miss Sagi. Congratulations. FX this is your sticky one ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

Hi Donotgiveup

I had 4 failed embryo transfers, the last one was on a conservative dose of clexane and prednisolone and one small dose of intralipid. On my 5th try I saw Dr Gamal Matthias for extra help (on top of my FS), he prescribed me higher doses of clexane and prednisolone and I tried intralipids his way & bingo, I got pregnant (currently 22 weeks). Some FS won't prescribe or administer intralipids, but depending on where you live someone on these boards should be able to help you out. Dr Matthias is in Sydney, Bankstown & does phone appointments if you can't get there easily. His protocol doesn't work for everybody but has certainly worked for many on these boards. Good luck & I love your determination.
    Last edited by Legwarmer; 01-03-2015 at 20:31.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

I forgot to say, intralipids are given intravenously in an infusion through your hand. It's not painful though. The cost varies wildly across the country. Dr M is $650 a go - not cheap at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Donotgiveup: most of the ladies here are seeing Dr Matthias on the side. He does aggressive immune treatment of the basic doesn't work. He is based in Sydney. He does intralipid. $650 per dose without medicare rebate + hospital admission which will be covered by your priv health fund (+the excess). You have to consult with him to decide if intralipid is right for you. If your immune issue is severe, he might suggest ivig (blood product) infusion, which costs $2000+ per dose. Neupogen can be added on top of intralipid if u don't go down the iVIG path. Neupogen is like $1200? Non of these have medicare rebate. That's why he likes to start ppl with intralipid . Usually, once 1--2 weeks before transfer. The recommended time is 7--10 days. He only does it on a Saturday which can be a problem sometime due to timing. Once you get your bfp, he generally wants you to repeat the intralipid as soon as possible. Then, once every month etc. Depends on your blood level.

I don't know which clinic you are with. If you r with Ganae, someone is doing it there but less dose.

I was doing it with DrM but I have since found a Dr here in Perth who will do it. It saves me the hassle flying and a weekend trip to syd. He charges the same as DrM (overpriced) because is monopoly business. He does more often. Every 2 week instead of every month. But he only does it up to 12 weeks and evaluate if one needs more. DrM goes all the way to 20 weeks.

This is my first cycle with donor. And am currently 7 week pregnant. I really don't know if intralipid is helping because we are using good sperms this time. I am not jumping up and down just yet as I had spotting few days ago. I hope to find out bub is ok on tues scan. Fx.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post: