Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, BFN for me . Please can you tell me how to taper off the Predisone? I was on 20mg so do i do 15 today, 10 tomorrow, 5 the day after than nothing? or do i need to come off it slower?
    Thanks Ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck, @MGCBertie and @PreciousHeart.
    @Legwarmer: nope. Not me. I would do the intralipid in Perth next round if I choose to do it. The Dr here seems to be doing fine with the method. It was overwhelming for me to organise everything for the FET last time. I ended up have to reschedule my flight for intralipid because AF wasnt cooperating. Flying over a weekend for intralipid and flying over again the following weekend for transfer. Haha...I feel like a rich people to just come over to syd for partying for a day and go home. Lol. If only I were that rich so it isn't funny anymore. I can't imagine organising all these while on a STIM cycle.

So with about a week left for AF. I don't believe I can find a donor to do a round before Christmas. dh wants to plan for a short roadtrip but I don't know why I told him not until AF arrives. What am I dreaming??? I should just relax and enjoy christmas. I brought back the pain from last yr, though. It isn't saving us much money by doing it before Christmas due to safety net. Accommodation and last mins flight are expensive. I should just give up and wait until January. Given the current situation, I don't even know how long we are going to wait for a reasonable match donor. So depressing. Gosh....we should import a bucket lots!!! This reminds me to phone few other clinics about the donor supplies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Boysiewantsabub I would taper off 5mg every 3 days (dr m advice). Ladies in another group I'm in have had problems when tapering off faster than that. If you've been on it longer than a week follow the 5mg every 3 days. Really sorry for your bfn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    @Boysiewantsabub I would taper off 5mg every 3 days (dr m advice). Ladies in another group I'm in have had problems when tapering off faster than that. If you've been on it longer than a week follow the 5mg every 3 days. Really sorry for your bfn
    Thanks Bella I will do that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boysiewantsabub For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that @Boysiewantsabub. Always crap news and never gets any easier. I hope you're doing ok and being kind to yourself. Make sure you do come off the pred very slowly-my first cycle on pred I some how missed that you weren't meant to stop cold turkey and ended up with terrible blues for weeks. Slower the better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear Boysie, take care coming off the steroids it can be rough, go slow.

Thanks for your well wishes ladies, I'm PUPO, all went well!!! My P4 is only 23 despite taking 800mg prog for 2 days & 400mg before that... FS suggesting adding 10mg provera - anyone ever taken that?? Does Dr M prescribe it? Google comes up with lots of bringing on a period stuff - weird! Don't really want to take it, what do you think? Maybe I'll just up the pessaries?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry @Boysiewantsabub. I'm sending you a very big hug.
    @PreciousHeart I've only taken provera on a dummy cycle before, never on an actual cycle, so not sure about that one. When my P4 has been low Dr Gee always advised me to up my pessary dose for a couple of days and then get tested again to see if levels had come up. Congrats on being PUPO glad it went smoothly x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart thanks for the advice on gluten and dairy I've started writing out a diet list that doesn't contain dairy I think it'll be easier if I have options written that are dairy free so let's see if that works 😊 send you a million sticky vibes have everything crossed this final transfer is ur BFP @francesthecat I think that's the only thing that keeps me half sane is that things never stay the same so given that perhaps one day things will change and one of these embies will be my sticky one
    AFM had my lap , hysteroscopy and d&c and they found nothing 👎 not that I wanted anything to be found but it would at least given me a reaso as to why my last two transfers have been bfn so now I'm not sure why they didn't stick I was on immune protocols I actually had two Chems when I wasn't on immune treatment so that's weird any who will keep trying and hopefully by stirring things up in there will help

12. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miissalina I forgot to say I still eat heaps of butter & bit of dairy milk in my tea. I drink the vita soy rice milk you get in the fridge section in Coles... Get this - I stopped dairy on 24 Oct, 5 weeks ago & get this - my ferritin (iron stores) have struggled to get up from a dismal 4 in 2006 (due to fibroids & insane periods) I've been on all sorts of iron supps for years... Ferritin has never been above 23 except when I was pregnant & not having periods, it went to 46 I think. But for the last 3 years it's been crap, around 10 (supposed to be around 80-100, 200 max) In march this year it was 12, in September was 15 - well I had it tested again a few days ago & nearly fell over when I got the result in the post today - 41!!! All I can think is it was from going dairy free for only one month that has done this. Obviously dairy & me don't mix! I would encourage anyone with endo to give it a go too, just try it & see what happens... It doesn't mean no dairy forever, just while TTC... The stuff in cow dairy causes immune responses... Worth a shot??? Also Ladybug went dairy free before her BFP, she inspired me to try it & I'm absolutely amazed - only don't replace it with soy milk, not good for you at all

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart, how's the 2ww going? Hope you're keeping sane! Are you going POAS? Sticky vibes!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (04-12-2014)