Closed Thread
Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, sorry about yet another question from me. Seems like the only way I can deal with the 6th pregnancy loss in a row is by devoting all my spare time to research and planning. I know it's crazy but if I don't have something to work on I know I will crash completely.
    When you ladies refer to dr Sher in US do you mean dr Geoffrey from Sher Fertility clinic?

Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope168, good luck for the BT tomorrow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Karolina For This Useful Post:

hope168  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
    Hi All, sorry about yet another question from me. Seems like the only way I can deal with the 6th pregnancy loss in a row is by devoting all my spare time to research and planning. I know it's crazy but if I don't have something to work on I know I will crash completely.
    When you ladies refer to dr Sher in US do you mean dr Geoffrey from Sher Fertility clinic?

Thanks so much!
    yes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Karolina  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck today @hope168

@Miss Saigi; I've never gotten pregnant before so not sure what to do next, but everyone seems to say intralipids/ivig on BFP.

@Pauli77 I've heard ladies mention that EMLA cream is really good for LIT. You can get it from the chemist here. Not sure about in NZ. It's about $75 a tube, so not cheap but worth it. Put a thick layer on your arms (on the spot where they do the injections) and wrap in gladwrap an hr or so before the procedure is done. Apparently it works a treat. Numbs the area.

AFM went back to my FS yesterday to discuss the cycle. He feels that it was the best I have had in my 8 stim cycles (even though we only got 1). He seems to think that at my age, even though my AMH is okish, that's probably going to be as good as it gets. We have agreed to jump right into another cycle and will do a freeze all. Then we will decide what to do. I have a feeling he thinks we should just put the 8 cell back in without doing PGD, but I'm kinda still veering towards doing it as I really want to know what my eggs are doing. Just waiting for AF now should be coming any day as epu was 12 days ago and I had no luteal support.

Am a bit peeved that I went to this FS last July because he did this conversion protocol, and he said no for the first two cycles, so I spent $$$$ on those two cycles and now he agrees with me that this is the best protocol for me

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BT results are at 48. My transfer was last Feb 09, makes today 11dpt5dt. Back at the clinic on Monday.

Am not too sure what that means, the clinic wants it to be above 100 ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope... let's hope you do some nice doubling over the weekend.

AFM...Unfortunately the "high risk" message left on my phone yesterday was true. Have seen Dr M today, and yes, devastated with the results of my 12 week NT results:
    - the NT is fine at 1.7mm (normal seems to be below 3.5mm)
    - foetal nasal bones are seen, so that's fine
    - but based on my age (42) my risk for Down's is 1:42
    - but free beta HCG is 4.900 Mom (much higher than normal) which is obviously why my adjusted risk comes back as 1:20
    - PAPP-A seems fairly normal at 0.930 Mom

1:20 is quite devastating, though I guess we always knew that my age of my old eggs were going to be a problem. Dr M hadn't received the Harmony BT back from the US yet, so will wait for that, but it seems that an amnio will be on the cards. He wants it done at 16 weeks, so still 3 weeks away. Has anyone had an amnio with Dr M? I must say I'm a little surprised that he does everything - immune infusions, delivers babies, does the amnios....

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, will be praying for you and your little bub. Miracles all around and, let's all have a good relaxing weekend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hope168 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC big hugs. Just remember 1 in 20 risk means 19 out of 20 normal. Not sure about Dr M and doing the amnio, I would probably be trying to find out who is the best in your area. In Perth that would mean going to the high risk ob at the largest Public Hospital. I hope the next three weeks fly by for you xx

Hope also more waiting... let's hope those numbers are much higher Monday. What was your progesterone?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

hope168  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope168, it doesnt matter what the number is as long as it doubles. One of my South African DE buddies had a result of 50 at 9dp5dt a few months as go. She is still happily pregnant, so don't worry about the number. Fingers crossed for you.

MGC, these numbers kill us mentally. Can they do the amnio earlier so you don't have to wait? Will send you lots of baby dust over the next few weeks.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

hope168  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs, if we didnt do our own research and information sharing we wouldn't know anything because the Drs dont seem to tell us squat or give us options! st least you know what to do now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-02-2015)