Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Frances, your story cracked me up... so funny! 😁

I have a story....I had some pregnal in the fridge which I never got to use, so I thought I would take it to South Africa with me and self medicate the day after transfer. So, the morning I was leaving at 4am I packed my Neupogen in my medical cooler bag and then I got the pregnal out...had a fight with the box to open it but it wasnt budging so I just pulled out 2 vials I could see and the instructions (incase I stuffed the first one up). When I got to South Africa I was reading the instructions and realised there are 2 different vials that need mixing first. Doh....I've only grabbed one half of the medication. So for 3 weeks I've been carrying around these vials (and keeping them cold) for I dont know what reason! They are useless without the other half! Such an idiot...

Frances & Bbhope, when is your blood test? Mine is on Monday 16th....Did I forget any other PUPOs? I'm all over the place at the moment!

I hope everyone is doing well 😊

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL Miss Sagi. I got the pregnyl vial from the local pharmacy and I ripped the entire box open to try to find the needle. I ran back to the pharmacy like a mad woman. The pharmacist was like "aren't you supposed to be injected by the dr?". Only she doesn't know that this is what we all IVFers do to ourselves, self-medicated with injections. After i sent my feedback to our clinic in Sydney, ie to have them warn interstate patients about local pharmacy doesn't provide needles, i can't believe they forgot to tell another perth gal the other day! Anyway, by the time i did menopur this cycle, I am a pro of mixing med.

BTW, how did you go about bringing clexane on board of an international flight?

Just dropped the blood. FX!!!!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

A very quick update - our second Dr M miracle bub arrived late last month - a little boy

Don't ever give up hope. 2.5 years ago my DH and I were preparing ourselves for the possibility that we might never have children and now we have two! Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this after 5 years of infertility.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (09-02-2015),francesthecat  (09-02-2015),hope168  (09-02-2015),ladybug14  (09-02-2015),Ladydee  (09-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (09-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (09-02-2015),Scruffy  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    Hi ladies,

A very quick update - our second Dr M miracle bub arrived late last month - a little boy

Don't ever give up hope. 2.5 years ago my DH and I were preparing ourselves for the possibility that we might never have children and now we have two! Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this after 5 years of infertility.
    What a great message. Wow that is amazing. Good for you! Warmest congratulations to you and DH. I bet you're an awesome Mum. X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bella!!!! Such a miracle!

Atm, no bt result today. I can't believe two pathology labs messed up a simple BT in less than a week. The lab today can't even locate where my blood sample has gone. I want to know today because I have just switched from crinone twice a day + pessaries midday to pessaries only twice a day (morning and evening) and if P4 drops, I will up pessaries. Has anyone switched from crinone to pessaries without problem?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella, congratulations, what an inspiring story for us. I need it right now as I'm feeling quite down with this transfer.

Bbhope, i can't believe you have problems with your blood tests every time. What the hell do they do over there in Perth! Next time you have a blood test make sure the Dr or yourself writes "Urgent" on it. My FS does this when I have early morning bloods.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No joking?! I couldn't wait until today official BT so I sneaked one in with GP on Friday (14dpo). Ya, early i know but I was seeing the dr who does intralipid that afternoon. My plan was to have him schedule hsyteroscopy and lap to take out "blob" if bfn. If bfp, then let's schedule an intralipid soon. The pathlab messed up on fri. No beta hcg. Just say >25. Positive. And then when I asked why there wasn't any number, they just said that it was super low. So is it a bfp or what?! Grrr. So I waited today. I went to a different lab after bad experience with the first. Marked as urgent. When I called twice, no one can locate the blood sample. Of course, the collection center was closed on second phone call so the main lab can't call to find out what happens to my blood.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BHope WTF I mean that just plain silly. OMG how stressful.
    I hope that very early in the morning you get a wonderful result.

I always get my alligators wrong, yes I work in banking, I thought anything over 5 is positive for pregnancy will be deceted on a FER & even a digital with FMU.
    Best wishes for tommorrow. I'll be stalking this thread bad. FX and lots of baby dust xxxxx

Ive got my forms burning my fingers, was at GP today. Tried to get him to calculate pregnal and my fatness due to the steriods.
    He said wait for your BT easy for him to say.
    He said due to my history etc, he would not even say my two darkening FER were even postitve. Only a BT blah blah. Even then, I really fought the urge to say well what tipped you off about that Sherlock

Also asked about the intralipid, can their nurse do it, I've got the drugs blah just need the line put in, I'll pay a fee.
    He said they won't even do a basic iron infusion, just in case.
    But will prescribe it the meds, which cost 33/36 $ PBS or 3 euro 5 for the whole kit.
    So my medical friend will do the infusion for me, I'll,pay her in booze. Sick of linning that FS pockets for not doing much. He knows he is the only FS in Monash IVF who does it. All gap no rebate $ 200 for a short 200 ml infusion. I have now heard some others have jumped on the bandwagon, Yep cause of that mega cash to be made.

Miss Sagi hugs what went bad after or at transfer ?? I'm ok for 3 days then the douts creep in, and the TWW crazies come.
    I bought over my left over pregnal too, self medicated as well. turns out it was in the plan anyways.

Mine was dam awful, she was rough I bleed that's a first for me. It hurt even after Wazza two vallium and two shots of baileys.
    Plus my fool of DH brought along his go pro thing and wants film it. That's just plain gross
    I said If you dared, you eat it and watch it as you digest it. Or we can try it the other way round.
    Dont mess with women on lots of hormones.

Ive used both pessaries and the crinone both and from one to the other no issues.

MissSagi I hope you are enjoying the amazing Cape town best wishes xx

congrats Bella that is an amazing journey, gives people like me hope.Thank you for updating.

Ivw got my FER all lined up for the morning see what this pregnal is doing.

Butterfly your new sig made me smile xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Silly and stressful. To add, Perth clinic called and asked if I wanna do the preg BT with them. I didn't tell them that I went elsewhere. They don't bulk bill and I always pay full bill. I know beta hcg is always covered by medicare. Sure, a small money to pay but my waiting experience there pushed me away. There are nice of letting me to do it. So ya, today lesson told me that I should have just gone with them. Suck it up on the queue (wait..no queue because I am always last). At least, they deliver the result for sure.

Good luck francesthecat and MissSagi! Hope FER is right for you. I don't like poas because it drives me nut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Bella 978. That's amazing news!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Karolina For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (10-02-2015)