Closed Thread
Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope, i would be taking it all at once to help with sleeping

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (07-02-2015),hope168  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking Prednisolone all at one go in the evening didn't really help me struggled badly (on dexa now and finding it much better so far). What did help me though and works every single time is guided meditation tapes. I have few different ones but LOVE the Circle and Bloom ones. I have a set for the ivf cycle, which is just amazing and had a different meditation for each day. It puts me to sleep every single time and even if I wake up during the night I have my laptop ready and listen to it again.
    I really reccomend them

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karolina For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (07-02-2015),Rubylou88  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly... for a number of cycles I was on 25mg Pred before transfer, then 30mg after transfer. This time I was on Dex, but since 9 weeks, swapped back to Pred, so on 30mg a day - Dr M recommended taking the 25mg in the morning and 5mg at lunch, but I'm still awake a lot at night. Don't know if I can blame the meds, or stress from work and constant worry about being pregnant and not forgetting blood tests etc.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 07-02-2015 at 09:35.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello mgcBertie: how are you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... I'm fine enough. I had BT on Thurs for progesterone levels, BT today for Heps + German Measles, BT on Mon for thyroid and BT on Tues for Harmony. 4 BTs in 6 days!! I'm soon going to have no blood left in me for poor baby!!

Other than that work is dreadfully stressful and manic, that I'm not entirely happy at all, when I'm supposed to be stress-free. On top of that, yesterday I made a mistake at work and spent the afternoon crying with the boss!! She's happy that I did what I could to solve the problem, but I'm in pieces because everyone else is talking about how I made this mistake and I'm not coping with that. Just glad it's the weekend. I know it won't blow over anytime soon, so am counting down the days now to my next long service leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Butterfly... for a number of cycles I was on 25mg Pred before transfer, then 30mg after transfer. This time I was on Dex, but since 9 weeks, swapped back to Pred, so on 30mg a day - Dr M recommended taking the 25mg in the morning and 5mg at lunch, but I'm still awake a lot at night. Don't know if I can blame the meds, or stress from work and constant worry about being pregnant and not forgetting blood tests etc.
    thanks Bertie, thanks for letting me know your regime. Was a bit of a surprise we had this lurking here, so that's 2 things Wazza has identified, the nk cells and that other polyp. I'm having a lot of interrupted sleep, I'm sure it's the pred... May I ask whether you had ivig or intralipids? And the timing. I biopsy and transfer this month, I think WDA wants to do intralipids at EPU and he's going to decide whether to do it at embryo tf vs only if pg.

try and chill for your pregnancy, don't stress yourself, the most important thing is you taking it easy, you've worked so hard and we all want to see that baby pic soon! I know what you mean about bts though. I had a heart attack when I realised I'd forgotten to do my thyroid bt and missed my endocrinology appointment ! Everything is on target though. X
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 07-02-2015 at 09:52.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly.... I had an endo scratch in cycles #9-12 that were all BFN, so I didn't bother having one for cycle #13 and that's when I got my BFP, so go figure!!

I've had both Intrallipids and IVIG.....
    - cycle #9 - Intrallipid 11 days before FET - BFN
    - cycle #10 - IVIG 2 days before FET - BFN (I thought this one was also Intrallipids but my records say different!)
    - cycle #11 - IVIG 6 days before FET - BFN
    - cycle #12 - IVIG 14 days before FET - BFN
    - cycle #13 - Intrallipid 5 days before IUI - BFP. And then I've had IVIG 4 weeks after that, and then Intrallipid 4 weeks after that again.

Dr M always recommends to do Intrallipids / IVIG normally 3-10 days before transfer (though last six months he has been preferring 7-14 days before) and then again straight after BFP result. Of course, as you can see with my timings, it's hard to time it right, especially since Dr M only does the infusions once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Butterfly.... I had an endo scratch in cycles #9-12 that were all BFN, so I didn't bother having one for cycle #13 and that's when I got my BFP, so go figure!!

I've had both Intrallipids and IVIG.....
    - cycle #9 - Intrallipid 11 days before FET - BFN
    - cycle #10 - IVIG 2 days before FET - BFN (I thought this one was also Intrallipids but my records say different!)
    - cycle #11 - IVIG 6 days before FET - BFN
    - cycle #12 - IVIG 14 days before FET - BFN
    - cycle #13 - Intrallipid 5 days before IUI - BFP. And then I've had IVIG 4 weeks after that, and then Intrallipid 4 weeks after that again.

Dr M always recommends to do Intrallipids / IVIG normally 3-10 days before transfer (though last six months he has been preferring 7-14 days before) and then again straight after BFP result. Of course, as you can see with my timings, it's hard to time it right, especially since Dr M only does the infusions once a week.
    Thanks so much for that, it's such a huge help. Lucky 13 ! What made him put you on the dex, I wonder? I know its a good deal more potent than pred, must have been hard going for you, what dose did he have u on?

Had a huge hissy fit with work myself last night so can relate to the steroid induced dilemmas! I also just got the bill from s&n for the scratch - $500 bucks huh lol? Does anyone know if you can get some of that back from Medicare? There goes the shopping trip I was planning tomorrow.....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

im sick paying riff off dr 200 plus the meds for Intralipid .

its only 5 $$ here Im stocking up big time. If you have properly trained medical friends and family. It's not rocket science.. You some one to the line, that's it basically. Flush and IVF .my friemd haa acess to the all the needles as my her so. Has type two diabetes, so that is from Australia.
    so no more being ripped off for that crap service, FS can kiss my huge behind.

Just worth an idea, it's a short infusion. Not like Dr M.
    But another option for us interstate people huge cost cut.
    if you are interested PM me, no I'm not making any cash, just want to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quick reply: if $500 is Dr fee. No. I think that is gap. No medicare rebate. But u can always ask. Mine clearly say gap + anaesthetist (they knocked me out) + day hospital.