Closed Thread
Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    May I ask what is LIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    @bbhope I hear you. Trying to organise things from Perth sucks!!!!

I have had numerous frustrating phone calls with G trying to organise LIT. I have to book flights, arrange childcare, get time of work for DH for three trips to Sydney before transfer and I and all I get from her is 'no I can't do that day, call me back tomorrow'. I call back the next day and I get met with 'no I can't do that day'

Are there any other Dr's doing LIT? I am so fed up with dealing with Dr M's shoddy excuse for a professional clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fingerscrossed11 LIT is Lymphocyte Immune Therapy. Dr M uses it when you have a lot of HLA matches with your partner (proteins on your white blood cells are too similar) because basically the body then sees the embryo as a slightly different version of yourself (like cancer) so it kills off the embryo.

It basically involves injecting DH white blood cells into me so I don't have such a strong immune reaction to our embryos.

I hope that helps 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man, I started bleeding today. I'm only 4 weeks 1 day. If I miscarry again this will be my fourth in a row!

Can't believe this is happening again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lulubee: hugs. Did u do beta?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Lulubee: hugs. Did u do beta?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    And how was your progesterone level??

Thanks
    Reviews
    So...they found a polyp out of the wood in me. FS wants me to decide if we have embies (FX we do) whether we want to transfer or freeze all. Fly all the way out here, did intralipid for nothing. But then, if we can give the embie the best chance, then, i have no choice but to wait.

Who has an appointment with DrM this week? Ask him on my behalf? Research is inconclusive if it affects implantation. I didn't ask DrM about this because I didn't know this could happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... you should be able to ring G and explain you have an emergency question for Dr M.

Lulubee... oh, very sorry to hear that. What immune drugs have you been taking, as it certainly seems like you need to up the ante, if you can get pregnant, achieve implantation, but keep losing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I just can't believe this is happening again.
    I had my first HCG beta yesterday and will repeat tomorrow. So at least I'll find out by Friday what's going on. Haven't had my progesterone rechecked but I don't think it's that. Last miscarriage my progesterone was 131.

I'm currently on 20 mg/day Prednisolone, low dose aspirin and 400 mg/day of progesterone. We get pregnant really easily but miscarry early every time. I thought finally this one would work out since I'm on the drugs for the first time.

I'm thinking maybe we need to move straight to IVF now so that I can do a long down regulation to address my adenomyosis. It's the only thing that we haven't yet worked on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulubee big hugs ... there are always miracles ... thinking of you during this agonising wait ... I have been right where you are and it is one of the toughest places possible - hoping for a miracle but also trying to prepare if you don't get one ... let all of the amazing girls here be your inspiration ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulubee: have they tested DH sperms? High DNA fragmentation of sperms can cause miscarriages as well.