Closed Thread
Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bella978, I'm with Genea. Thank you so much! I think you just prevented me having a panic attack... I will try to book with DrM for this weekend (if he still has availibility).

You guys are amazing. Thank you!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Karolina For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Karolina,
    I've just had the same problem as you, I had Intrilipids in Adelaide on Saturday, to find out it was only 100mls.

While sitting there i scrolled through this thread looking for Dr M's administering as i know i'd read it before, but I couldn't find it except for his 500ml dose over 6hrs. Mine was over 2hrs and I actually told the Dr I felt like I'd wasted my time and money only having 100mls.
    I'm having my next one next week in South Africa, god knows what dose I'll get there. But if I get a BFP and have to go back to the Adelaide clinic I'll be asking Dr M for his written instructions on administering the dose etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to jump in and say howdy. I know a couple of you through other threads. DP started to see Dr M last year through recommendation of other friends who currently see him and its like OMG why didnt we find him before. Mainly cause our FS doesnt believe in NKC.

DP has a mild case of NKC and we have started DHEA etc for the lead up to our most likely last try with IVF.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I hear you. Trying to organise things from Perth sucks!!!!

I have had numerous frustrating phone calls with G trying to organise LIT. I have to book flights, arrange childcare, get time of work for DH for three trips to Sydney before transfer and I and all I get from her is 'no I can't do that day, call me back tomorrow'. I call back the next day and I get met with 'no I can't do that day'

Are there any other Dr's doing LIT? I am so fed up with dealing with Dr M's shoddy excuse for a professional clinic.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 20-01-2015 at 13:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scruffy I'm pretty sure dr nick logaltis does it in Melbourne. I know that's still far away but maybe better service?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Scruffy: U have decided to do LIT? This is a hell of effort. Intralipid is as far as I would go right now. I guess over years, we just tired of trying. If successful, it is a different story but each cycle is just very draining. This is only 3 ivf cycles. I thought we got luck out with bfp on the first cycle but all go down hill from there. Fx this it is. The interstate ivf is not fun. Unfortunately not much choices in Perth and long wait for donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scruffy and bbhope, you just made me realise I should never complain about how difficult I have it. Travelling interstate to do all this is literally beyond what I can imagine. You guys are super tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy and bbhope you are amazing ... 😃 and Dr Ms practice leaves a lot to be desired ... It's like dealing with an embassy there is nowhere much else to go so there is no pressure to improve or put customer service first 😥

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Janetb3 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
    Thank you Lulubee for the welcome. The meds are going all right but now found out today that I might have stuffed up the Intralipid part. My FS told me a while ago I can do intralipids with them so I did opt for that only to be told by her assistant today that they usually do a much lower dose than DrM does!!! I can't book with Dr M anymore as he only does weekends and my transfer will most likely be next Friday so this weekend would be less than recommended 7 days minimum.

I had no idea they could be different doses at all! I'm so frustrated and stressed. Has any of you done a different dose somewhere else and it still worked? Or maybe if any of you know if I can do it through a different doctor at Hurstville Private?

I am so exhausted by the whole process. So tempted to just go naturally but they still have 2 of my PGD tested frozen embryos. I don't know now if I'm wasting one of them if I go with a lower dose of intralipids.

Alrearnatively I can maybe get G to regulate my cycle and delay ovulation to have enough time to do Intralipids at Hurstville...

Sorry girls for a crazy rant but I'm at wits end. Not sure I have enough strength to continue trying
    I was in a bed at hurstville private beside a lady who was having her first infusion on the day of transfer and she got pregnant. So if your transfer is next week I would try and get in this weekend with Dr M. Or is your transfer this week?

As for the chicago bloods that you mentioned previously, they do cover the HLA and HLA-DQ tests which is the dna/matching tests you might be thinking of, but I think there are a few more. I did the HLA tests here in Sydney last year through the red cross and came up that we have 5 HLA matches, so I would really push for this test if this transfer doesn't work. It's about $340 each (as both you and DH need to be tested), but I think well worth it. We did one transfer after my first lot of tests with Dr M and it didn't work, we transferred two embies and I have since found out that with our matches we should never transfer two. I really think it is worth the extra testing before you transfer more embies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Karolina  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerscrossd11 View Post
    Just wanted to jump in and say howdy. I know a couple of you through other threads. DP started to see Dr M last year through recommendation of other friends who currently see him and its like OMG why didnt we find him before. Mainly cause our FS doesnt believe in NKC.

DP has a mild case of NKC and we have started DHEA etc for the lead up to our most likely last try with IVF.
    Good luck hope Dr M can give you guys your THB