Closed Thread
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks lulubee. Feeling much better today. I was again a nervous wrecked this morning when syd clinic didn't call and they apparently closed at noon not 1pm on Sunday. So embarrassed to call the after hr line only to get a call a min later. FS up my med. Everything is a day late again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Thanks lulubee. Feeling much better today. I was again a nervous wrecked this morning when syd clinic didn't call and they apparently closed at noon not 1pm on Sunday. So embarrassed to call the after hr line only to get a call a min later. FS up my med. Everything is a day late again.
    So glad you're feeling a bit better. Hope the being a day late doesn't affect things too much. I forget where you're at. Are you stimming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
    Hi ladies, I am new to bubhub but I used to read this tread a while ago on very casual basis. I will try to read the entire tread at some stage to ensure I get as much info about nk cells as possible, but if one of you is able to help me with a current question I would be super grateful.
    I had biopsy and bloods for NK cells done with Dr M. We decided not to do the test that goes to US as yet (mainly due to the cost) and in the meantime started the Intralipid + dexamethasone + Clexane + progesterone cycle.
    I did the test couple of months ago and can't remember what was the test done in US for? Something to do with how would the material from both parents mix together i.e. compatibility??? or am I confusing it badly?

Thank you!
    Karolina. I'm also new to this site and thread. I'm not sure but I think the blood tests you're wondering about that Dr M sends to the US are for HLA matches between you and your partner - things like the DQ alpha gene match. How are you going on your current protocol? Are you trying naturally or doing IVF? How high were your NK cell levels?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... you certainly are having a difficult time what with the time difference and clinic issues. Hope the actual cycle turns out smoother.

AFM.... I had my 8 week scan with Dr M this afternoon and it went well, with HB of 157bpm, but unlike the clinic last week there was no measurement of size or print-out to take home, as his machine looked pretty old! He really doesn't think a 10 week scan is necessary, so next one is not until the big 12 week one which I'll have at a proper place, but I'll still have weekly BTs between now and then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope... you certainly are having a difficult time what with the time difference and clinic issues. Hope the actual cycle turns out smoother.

AFM.... I had my 8 week scan with Dr M this afternoon and it went well, with HB of 157bpm, but unlike the clinic last week there was no measurement of size or print-out to take home, as his machine looked pretty old! He really doesn't think a 10 week scan is necessary, so next one is not until the big 12 week one which I'll have at a proper place, but I'll still have weekly BTs between now and then.
    Glad your scan went really well, MGC Bertie. Your little bean sounds like it's doing wonderfully. Are the weekly blood tests to keep an eye on your HCG levels?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulubee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulubee... the weekly BTs do look at the beta levels (peace of mind!), but it's primary purpose is to keep track of my progesterone, so that my ob can adjust my pessaries if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news, Bertie! Ha..you would think that with the amount of $ we pour in for DrM, he would have $ to buy fancy machines.

Lulubee: yes, i am stimming. Sigh....just when i thought the E2 level is better than my first STIM, meaning I am responding to the drugs this time, the ultrasound scan shown two super size follicles! 27mm! They will be overcooked by the end of the week. My lining is quite thick already as well! FS decided to work on the smaller ones so we are still go ahead with the scheduled EPU. I just hope that the big ones don't ovulate on its own. I suspect that one of the big follicles is my normal cycle one because of 1 day late of stim, it is already far ahead of others. And my body thinks that it has been ovulated and lining is thicken. They also found a polyp?! I have never had a history of this so sydney clinic just told me to come in for another scan on Wed. I hope it is a mistake. I don't know what to think at this point. Doing the intralipid is in the hope of a transfer........a pretty expensive lottery.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Lulubee for the welcome. The meds are going all right but now found out today that I might have stuffed up the Intralipid part. My FS told me a while ago I can do intralipids with them so I did opt for that only to be told by her assistant today that they usually do a much lower dose than DrM does!!! I can't book with Dr M anymore as he only does weekends and my transfer will most likely be next Friday so this weekend would be less than recommended 7 days minimum.

I had no idea they could be different doses at all! I'm so frustrated and stressed. Has any of you done a different dose somewhere else and it still worked? Or maybe if any of you know if I can do it through a different doctor at Hurstville Private?

I am so exhausted by the whole process. So tempted to just go naturally but they still have 2 of my PGD tested frozen embryos. I don't know now if I'm wasting one of them if I go with a lower dose of intralipids.

Alrearnatively I can maybe get G to regulate my cycle and delay ovulation to have enough time to do Intralipids at Hurstville...

Sorry girls for a crazy rant but I'm at wits end. Not sure I have enough strength to continue trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    karolina: ya, given how this stim cycle has turned out so far, I almost feel like my body is doing a better job naturally than doing the IVF! I have done a round of natural FET and everthing seemed perfect except the embie didn't take. And of course, hearing Bertie successfully story makes me leaning toward IUI more. Perth Dr does either 200ml or 500ml. It is the method that matter, i think. Slow infusion and saline flush. Perth Dr rarely uses 500ml only upon request. It has success here so don't give up. To add, there is no guarantee it will work. It didn't work for me the first round. So it is also a lottery game and no one knows why intralipid works for some women but not others.
    Last edited by bbhope; 19-01-2015 at 20:23.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Karolina  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
    Thank you Lulubee for the welcome. The meds are going all right but now found out today that I might have stuffed up the Intralipid part. My FS told me a while ago I can do intralipids with them so I did opt for that only to be told by her assistant today that they usually do a much lower dose than DrM does!!! I can't book with Dr M anymore as he only does weekends and my transfer will most likely be next Friday so this weekend would be less than recommended 7 days minimum.

I had no idea they could be different doses at all! I'm so frustrated and stressed. Has any of you done a different dose somewhere else and it still worked? Or maybe if any of you know if I can do it through a different doctor at Hurstville Private?

I am so exhausted by the whole process. So tempted to just go naturally but they still have 2 of my PGD tested frozen embryos. I don't know now if I'm wasting one of them if I go with a lower dose of intralipids.

Alrearnatively I can maybe get G to regulate my cycle and delay ovulation to have enough time to do Intralipids at Hurstville...

Sorry girls for a crazy rant but I'm at wits end. Not sure I have enough strength to continue trying
    @Karolina are you with NGF clinic by any chance?
    THis pregnancy was a surprise for us and I found out when dr m was
    On holidays so I called my Fs out of desperation as I'd heard they had started doing intralipids and got 200mls infused. Dr M tested surface markers 2 wks later and wasn't happy with my levels so he gave me a 500ml infusion ad all was ok. We did discuss briefly that he felt that 200mls was not sufficient, especially at the fast rate it was infused. He didn't elaborate much. But it got me through. If you've had the 200mls already it is doing some good in suppressing your immune system and you can always do a top up with dr m in a couple of weeks.
    If you haven't, I'd book the infusion for the weekend even though it's not 7 days. I know ladies who have had a successful cycle when they've only had infusions a few days before transfer. Try not to worry to much about it, I honestly think either way you will be covered.
    Sorry it's such a stressful process. Have faith in Dr M, he is the best. I have a gorgeous DD and another bub due in 2 weeks, all credit goes to him
    And his immune protocol.