Closed Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Lulubee: i've a table with all the E2, P4, LH level for each CD. I think i put an image here somewhere on the thread. During the luteal phase, the normal P4 is 50. So 52 is on the low side.
    @MissSagi: Thanks for asking. I am still jabbing. One day late of starting kinda messed the schedule up. I was supposed to have the first scan today but now have to wait until Monday. Grrrr.....I kinda want to know how i react this time, especially on a new protocol and drugs. I was a poor responder last time. I feel nothing other than more tired than usual and head is feeling kinda heavy. Ha....DH said that i have been bitting his head off lately. I blame it to the hormone. LOL. They have me do another BT tomorrow so FS can adjust the med. But again, it is unlikely that it will get to sydney before 1pm so might have to wait for instruction until sunday. Perth clinic here works long hours, 7 days a week until 4pm on weekend!

I don't like surprises.......I am flying out next week. I didn't want to do intralipid this weekend as it is too early for the transfer (ideal time is 7--10 days before transfer), extra days off work and hotel $ in sydney adds up. Anyway, I usually don't have a problem with G but when i called few days ago saying if they could fit me in for intralipid when i get to sydney on a weekday, she laughed. I wasn't amused at all! Don't they understand that it is so hard to organize all these interstate IVF thing? It is not like i have control over my body. I honestly don't know if my problem is severe enough that requires intralipid treatment since our last embie isn't a fair go. I am skipping aspirin this time, though. I am doing intralipid for the sake of covering all ground. If i am lucky enough to get BFP, i'll do the intralipid here in Perth.
    Last edited by bbhope; 17-01-2015 at 01:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulu bee wow congrats!!! With your progesterone script, just cross out 100mg & write 200mg... My FS at Genea actually told me to do this & it worked - cheaper for 200mg too...go get another lot & keep the 10g for weaning off when you're 12-16weeks etc. Dont fret, personally I think 50 so early on is totally fine, just get the 200s to make yourself feel better & raise your level... Your FS is being weird!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BBhope good luck with everything, what a lot you have to go through! If it's any consolation G laughs at me all the time, how I wish they'd suddenly transform into a normal clinic, drives me bonkers, I hate that we have to beg for appointments & information. Take care & good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulu - sorry just saw this, I don't pop in here too much. Congratulations ! So glad you've got your FS to give you progesterone. My understanding is high progesterone levels help with immune issues as well by keeping everything calm and Dr M has always said to double whatever the clinic’s protocol is. I am on PIO (Progesterone in Oil injections, 1 per day) + 1 x 400mg pessarie in the morning and 1 x 90mg Crinone at lunch (for convenience as at work during day). My levels have remained at 160-190 which is really high, but bearing in mind that it calms the immune, I'm happy to have high levels. I'll stay on these qty's until 12-15 weeks when I start weaning - and then will re-test prog levels at 16 weeks. If I was you, I’d probably double the amount to 800mg… but that’s just me – only you can decide.

Preciousheart – great to see you’re back. How did your apt with Dr T go? I found him fantastic and very caring.

MGC – Congratulations, that first scan is a big one to get to and through – how exciting. I was the same… thought I would be far more emotional, but actually was quite together, considering!

Good luck to everyone else heading overseas or plodding through the lead up to immune treatment. J

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope and Precious... yes, G always laughs at me too, but I've got used to that this is just how she is. I had another beta / P4 BT yesterday (as instructed to do so weekly by Dr M), so I rang her in the afternoon for results. She started on in her usual way about me freaking out not knowing, and not being able to wait the weekend etc. I said, if you've got them great, if not, I'll wait til I see Dr M on Monday. Seriously, how hard is that? But that's just the way she is.

Lulubee.... yes progesterone levels for normal, natural cycles are fine, anything from 30-50, so 52 is fine for normal women. However, Dr M, as I mentioned before, does like it much higher to ward off miscarriage in us immune women. Gosh, yes, my pessaries are 3 x 400mg a day, though my clinic had given me 200mg previously and they were only once or twice a day. I wouldn't think 100mg would be worth the effort. Since your script was faxed to the pharmacy, just ring and ask for a new script - chuck a wobbly or something to get what you want, I find a bit of crying always gets my way :-))

Legwarmer... I'd read that tip from you previously, but haven't yet needed to do it, but am thinking when I go back to work in a week I might give it a go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I really appreciate the support x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope and Precious... yes, G always laughs at me too, but I've got used to that this is just how she is. I had another beta / P4 BT yesterday (as instructed to do so weekly by Dr M), so I rang her in the afternoon for results. She started on in her usual way about me freaking out not knowing, and not being able to wait the weekend etc. I said, if you've got them great, if not, I'll wait til I see Dr M on Monday. Seriously, how hard is that? But that's just the way she is.

Lulubee.... yes progesterone levels for normal, natural cycles are fine, anything from 30-50, so 52 is fine for normal women. However, Dr M, as I mentioned before, does like it much higher to ward off miscarriage in us immune women. Gosh, yes, my pessaries are 3 x 400mg a day, though my clinic had given me 200mg previously and they were only once or twice a day. I wouldn't think 100mg would be worth the effort. Since your script was faxed to the pharmacy, just ring and ask for a new script - chuck a wobbly or something to get what you want, I find a bit of crying always gets my way :-))

Legwarmer... I'd read that tip from you previously, but haven't yet needed to do it, but am thinking when I go back to work in a week I might give it a go....
    Thanks, MGC. I assume because this was a natural cycle and not IVF my FS just views 52 as fine - she's obviously not putting me fully in the immune category. I suppose that's the major problem with me seeing a standard FS and not an immunologist. But the immune stuff we've identified for me is also not too severe - more borderline, so perhaps that's another reason I perhaps don't need a super high dose. I'm not sure. She's got me on 100 mg pessaries but four a day - so 400 mg/day total. I have no idea why she prescribed 100 mg instead of 200 mg. I've gone with it for now and will definitely ask for a different script for the next one I get filled.
    Last edited by Lulubee; 17-01-2015 at 11:32.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulubee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry ladies. Rant....kinda want to let it out. After my FET monitoring experience here in Perth last time, I told myself that I would do most of the monitoring in Sydney if I have to do it again (was hoping a BFP and that's it). I totally appreciate that this particular Perth clinic being so nice to let me do the monitoring, picking up the meds while I am not paying the whole cycling cost to them. I pay for the BT, UT extra out of pocket (Syd clinic will not cover them as part of the cycling cost). I know it is a big favor for them to do it but I shouldn't be treated like a second class citizen, should I? The nurses are absolute fabulous but the front desk can be a bit........Everytime I walk in, they see me like a second class citizen. The BT and UT are first comes first serves basis but they made me waited 2 hrs for the UT and let everyone jump the queue last time. I was so late for work. As for BT, I was hoping i had a better luck this morning with the person who drawn my blood. I am not sure if she was the same person from last saturday. I was begging her to bring my blood up to their lab and ran it straight away so the result can be sent to sydney before 1pm eastern time. She just said NO and they already had a word with syd clinic about this. I just have to wait like everyone else. A bit frustrated. So ya, two weekends in a roll that I won't be knowing what to do with my meds until Sunday. 1 day late! There was one guy there who was super nice and did the favor for me last cycle. Oh well.....just hope that my body doesn't do what it isn't supposed to do!!! I am a nervous wreck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Sorry ladies. Rant....kinda want to let it out. After my FET monitoring experience here in Perth last time, I told myself that I would do most of the monitoring in Sydney if I have to do it again (was hoping a BFP and that's it). I totally appreciate that this particular Perth clinic being so nice to let me do the monitoring, picking up the meds while I am not paying the whole cycling cost to them. I pay for the BT, UT extra out of pocket (Syd clinic will not cover them as part of the cycling cost). I know it is a big favor for them to do it but I shouldn't be treated like a second class citizen, should I? The nurses are absolute fabulous but the front desk can be a bit........Everytime I walk in, they see me like a second class citizen. The BT and UT are first comes first serves basis but they made me waited 2 hrs for the UT and let everyone jump the queue last time. I was so late for work. As for BT, I was hoping i had a better luck this morning with the person who drawn my blood. I am not sure if she was the same person from last saturday. I was begging her to bring my blood up to their lab and ran it straight away so the result can be sent to sydney before 1pm eastern time. She just said NO and they already had a word with syd clinic about this. I just have to wait like everyone else. A bit frustrated. So ya, two weekends in a roll that I won't be knowing what to do with my meds until Sunday. 1 day late! There was one guy there who was super nice and did the favor for me last cycle. Oh well.....just hope that my body doesn't do what it isn't supposed to do!!! I am a nervous wreck.
    I'm so sorry you're being treated like this, bbhope! It's just not right. These people shouldn't work in the jobs they do if they can't treat you with empathy and kindness. As if this whole process you're having to endure isn't hard enough without F-wits treating you like this. I really hope you're feeling better today. Sending you hugs hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am new to bubhub but I used to read this tread a while ago on very casual basis. I will try to read the entire tread at some stage to ensure I get as much info about nk cells as possible, but if one of you is able to help me with a current question I would be super grateful.
    I had biopsy and bloods for NK cells done with Dr M. We decided not to do the test that goes to US as yet (mainly due to the cost) and in the meantime started the Intralipid + dexamethasone + Clexane + progesterone cycle.
    I did the test couple of months ago and can't remember what was the test done in US for? Something to do with how would the material from both parents mix together i.e. compatibility??? or am I confusing it badly?

Thank you!