Closed Thread
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scruffy check your messages I have given you the name of a study that was done incorrectly (refrigerating blood that should be a room temperature) and led to LIT being banned in the US. Many US doctors send their patients to Nogales so obviously they find it useful although can't do it thanks to good old Bush.
    Last edited by Fiona2; 15-01-2015 at 07:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scruffy Its a tough choice.. I think with those matches you would really want the LIT so you could give yourself the best shot. It is $1100 a go, you need 2 before transfer 4 weeks apart. The other option is to wait for the right embryo, but that might mean a few more transfers, more ivig prior to transfer ($$$), the actual cost of transferring emrbyos with your clinic, it could end up more expensive. I understand you need to fly over though, it could be tiring too. Dr M has you arrive around 830-9 to get blood drawn then you come back around 12-1pm to have the appointment and injections. So you'd have to factor in hire car costs. Hopefully you could get a flight so you could arrive in the morning and leave after lunch (although I don't know). You could do a few sums to work out the costs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy-as I'm working with Dr Braverman-he suggested the Neupogen for HLA matches and then Dr M agreed to do it after this. Dr M also suggested LIT which I did (although Braverman doesn't believe in it).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazza For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting @Lazza I suggested Neupogen as it obviously saves me the trips to Sydney but Dr M not keen at all??

Maybe I'll give one embryo a go with LIT and then push for it.
    Thanks for the info, this forum is the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think neupogen and ivig also works so therefore Dr B uses that. It may work just as well or even better.

A lot of women on fertilityfriend.co.uk are doing LIT in UK and Greece you may get more info from there to make a choice.
    @Lazza are you about 9 weeks pregnant? Just trying to work something out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy- it seems all RIs have slightly different views. I don't think Beers clinic recommends neupogen but Dr B swears by it. I am also doing itralipids but nobody has recommended IVIG as yet.

Fiona2- I wish I was! But I'm heading to USA for DE cycle next week.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lazza For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015),Scruffy  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lazza argh I'm an idiot, so sorry I thought I knew you from another forum. Another lady that consults with Braverman. I was on my tablet so I couldn't signatures either (which now I can on the PC). Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie - so glad to hear your scan went so well!
    @ PreciousHeart - hope the MRI went well.

Will catch up on everyone else in a tick but just wanted to ask a quick question. I've just tested BFP (10 dpo FMU) on my first cycle of 20 mg/day Prednisolone. So it seems so far this medication might be working for me. Having just recently had my third early miscarriage in a row, though, I'm super nervous. Just wondering what people's opinions are on progesterone support? My FS doesn't think I need it as my progesterone levels have always come back good in the past. I had my levels checked yesterday at 9 dpo and will find out the result today. I'm sure it will be fine and FS will think ok to not do progesterone supps but I feel like I kinda want to throw everything at this pregnancy in hope of it sticking. And I also have adenomyosis and just want to calm down my angry uterus. FS is willing to give me a script for progesterone anyway, despite not thinking I need it. But I guess my question is - if my progesterone levels from yesterday come back fine and high - would I be silly to just start progesterone supps anyway? Can it do any harm? I just really want to do everything I can this time around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulubee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    OK ladies,

Just had a phone consult with Dr M with my HLA results. Basically DH and I have 5 matches (this is the level that Dr Braverman says requires treatment) and DH also has 05:01 on HLA DQB1 which apparently inhibits implantation.

Dr M has suggested LIT + IVIG which = big dollars and three trips to sydney even before transfer The other option is to stick with previous protocol that produced DS (IVIG + pred, clexane etc) and hope we get an embryo with not many matches?? I have 3 frosties to play with.

Thoughts???

PS - I am also concerned about using a therapy that is currently banned in the USA
    Scruffy - I also don't know much about HLA matches. I hope you find some answers. Have you tried intralipids in the past? I only wonder because I recently saw a post on another forum where the woman had high NK cells and a partial DQ Alpha match and she just got a BFP on a protocol of Prednisolone + Clexane + Aspirin + Intralipid.

Here is a link to the thread: http://www.babycenter.com.au/thread/...ipid-treatment

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulubee For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Lulubee: my fs always put me on progesterone despite me producing enough naturally. In fact, after my first chemical (not due to low progesterone), she added in pregnyl for my second cycle. And I opt not to have pregnyl this time, I hate needle so she prescribes crinone in addition to 400mgx2 per day pessaries I will be using. She said that it is better to have enough than not enough. DrM dose is less but he suggested 800mg per day once bfp. Of course, unless u have ridiculously high p4, I think the extra pessaries don't do any harm.