Closed Thread
Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All your thoughts paid off..... after stressing myself to beyond nervousness, the bub was there plain to see. In fact, DH was so excited and kept babbling and babbling to the doctor, and eventually I had to tell him to be quiet for a while so the doctor could do his thing and take measurements. Quite clear to see the sac, the little fuzzy bean-shaped blob measured 15.33mm, and the heartbeat flickering away brightly. I asked the doctor what the heartbeat rate was, but he's just a temp (as my FS is away), but he said it's definitely over 100bpm as he could tell by how fast it was flickering. I was expecting to cry, be emotional and had told DH he would need to hold my hand, but strangely I didn't feel like that at all - it was kind of like an out-of-body experience, rather weird. Very relieved and happy, to say the least, but I so wasn't expecting to feel sort of removed from it. I think it just still doesn't feel real :-)) Thanks everyone for thinking of me, especially those who are still waiting for their BFP.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (14-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fantastic, MGCBertie!!! i am so happy to hear the great news!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-01-2015),Miss Sagi  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news Bertie, I'm sure your feelings will change once you start feeling him/her, don't stress after all this time it's going to take more than a few weeks to get your head around your dream actually coming true

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Bertie!! I've been stalking all day waiting for an update 😉

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been stalking too @ MGC Bertie. So So happy for you. Has any morning sickness kicked in?
    @PreciousHeart, hope the MRI went well today and you have some answers. Hopefully all easily fixed too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladybug... interestingly, I felt a little icky for a few days from 5w3d, then really icky for three days at the beginning of 6w0d, then back to just feeling a little icky. I've haven't thrown up or anything major like that, but basically just feel icky all day long, sort of in waves. When I put food in my mouth, the ickiness goes away, but 5 seconds later it's back. But otherwise, nothing compared to what I've read or heard about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Ladybug... interestingly, I felt a little icky for a few days from 5w3d, then really icky for three days at the beginning of 6w0d, then back to just feeling a little icky. I've haven't thrown up or anything major like that, but basically just feel icky all day long, sort of in waves. When I put food in my mouth, the ickiness goes away, but 5 seconds later it's back. But otherwise, nothing compared to what I've read or heard about.
    Yay for feeling icky lol! Great news (about the u/s!)

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK ladies,

Just had a phone consult with Dr M with my HLA results. Basically DH and I have 5 matches (this is the level that Dr Braverman says requires treatment) and DH also has 05:01 on HLA DQB1 which apparently inhibits implantation.

Dr M has suggested LIT + IVIG which = big dollars and three trips to sydney even before transfer The other option is to stick with previous protocol that produced DS (IVIG + pred, clexane etc) and hope we get an embryo with not many matches?? I have 3 frosties to play with.

Thoughts???

PS - I am also concerned about using a therapy that is currently banned in the USA
    Last edited by Scruffy; 14-01-2015 at 15:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie, let's hope icky is all you get and you've got a nice easy 8 months ahead. I think food is the key to keeping on top of it. Eat eat eat!! I find sour lollies are good too.
    @Scruffy, I really don't know much about the HLA matches so not sure how much I can help. Doesn't Dr Braverman use Neupogen and intralipids/IVIG for matches? Was this an option with Dr M? I would be inclined to try and new protocol. I've never looked into LIT. I'm sure some have had it on here though? Good luck with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked Dr M about neupogen, he said it is very strong and he would prefer to do LIT. Also the LIT lasts for 6 months so would cover me for a few rounds