Closed Thread
Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... I really think it depends on what kind of immune issues you have. I have 7 different immune issues, so I think the meds work differently. One of mine is high ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies) - normally anti-bodies work to kill off colds, but because mine are high, they kill off good and bad, allowing me to have more colds. The Intrallipids/IVIG then work to balance the ANA, hence why no colds. Neupogen is a component of IVIG, so it's like taking a daily dose of IVIG and is the same as what cancer and HIV patients take (except in a very small dose). It doesn't lower the immune system, it's the opposite, gives the immune system a chance to work.

Chiefs..... thanks so much about the info on placenta issues. Sorry, I don't know anything about HLA matching, as that was never relevant to me.

Ladybug.... I will be doing IVIG throughout my pregnancy, but I believe the doses are the same. I do know that Dr M is getting me to do my full blood count every two weeks, in case he needs to change any Neupogen / IVIG doses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie: what's your ANA pattern? I recall that you have the same titer number as me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I have a quick question as I'm having a clean out and just remembered my used needles in the top of my cupboard

They're in a proper sharps container, I just have to seal it. Where is the appropriate place for me to drop them off?

Have been away but will read back through the thread to see where everyone is up to atm. Bub is doing well and is almost 6mths now and we are starting to move forward mentally and physically. I think my PND is improving as we embark on moving on all our baby things. So glad that the past years are now behind us and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Wishing you all bucket loads of baby dust and friendly immune systems,

LT x.

(ANA+640, FVL)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @bbhope I have Dr Beer's book so will look those pages up. For some reason when I looked the other day I couldn't find it, must have been distracted
    @littleTed I think you can drop used needles off to the chemist.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (08-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals,

Am a bit of lurker on here but thought I should chime in on HLA matches which may help Chiefsgirl. I got testing done in the USA via Dr Braverman and it came back that my husband and I have HLA significant matches and KIR issue. Dr Braverman suggested neupogen specifically for these issues-which Dr M then prescribed when I sent him the results. Dr M also suggested LIT which I did recently.

Also, Dr Braverman believe its not just DQ match that's important. See article here http://www.preventmiscarriage.com/Bl...ormation-.aspx

But who knows..all RIs differ in their testing and views to some extent!

I hope this of some help! :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazza For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Chiefgirls: I read it on drB book and can scan it in like bella did earlier. Unless someone wants to volunteer as well?

I am curious about your protocol for your next stim with DrM. Can you pls share? I am doing a stim as soon as AF shows. I didn't reconsult with DrM because last try wasn't a fair go. So I am thinking to just stick with his last protocol -- prednisolone, clexane and intralipid. I am curious to know why he adds neopogen. Any idea?
    I am only adding neupogen into my stim cycle this time as I had read that Dr Bravermann in the US and a canadian clinic use it in the stim cycle phase to help with egg quality. They have found that follicles that have a high level of C-GSF (Neupogen) in produce better quality eggs and hence better quality embryos.

I had asked him to use it before and he said no. But we have just found out we have 5 HLA matches and he would be giving me neupogen for that anyway so he said yes to using it in the stim phase.

I am doing an agonist/antagonist conversion protocol for my stim. So start on the pill, add lucrin, stop the pill, when I get a bleed I switch to half dose of cetrotide, 600iu of gonal f, then after 4 days go down to 400iu gonal f and 125iu of menopur. I'll start neupogen when I start gonal f.

I am doing a freeze all this cycle to add to 3 frosties I have then will do another stim in a couple of months where I will do PGD testing on the frosties as well as the fresh embies. That cycle I will follow DR M's protocol of 20mg pred before transfer, 25mg after, intralipids, doxy, and neupogen. I have 1:140ANA, high NK cells in blood and uterus and now these HLA matches as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard about menopur and gonal f combined protocol. But fs only prescribes me with menopur this time. Strange......i was a low responder for gonal f last round but I was also on the lowest dose. What's the cancellation cut off for number of follicles in first scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Mind if I join in this thread?

I have recently been having a bunch of testing through an FS due to having just had my third early miscarriage in a row. I have one DD who is almost 2.5 and had no issues having her - no problem conceiving and no miscarriages while trying. But since we started trying for bub#2 everything is so different. All my miscarriages have been around 5 weeks.

I had a laparoscopy done in September last year and was diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis. I've also had nk cell testing done via blood test and uterine biopsy. My blood results came in at just a touch higher than the normal range and the uterine nk result, which I received earlier today, were apparently within normal range but on the high side of normal. So I guess you could say I'm borderline.

My FS has put me on 20 mg/day of Prednisolone and I'm hoping it makes a difference for me. Despite the nk cells not being drastic in my case I do also have an autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's) so I do suspect an immune issue of some sort - whether or not it's the nk cells.

But then I also have the adenomyosis, which could be causing all of my problems. It's so hard to pinpoint and so frustrating.

I will be doing 3 or so cycles trying with Prednisolone naturally and then will move to IVF.

It's great to hear of so many success stories on here. I wish everyone great luck and hope there are many sticky beans very soon.

Me 35, DH 35, DD 2

TTC#2 Nov 2013
    MC x3 all 5 weeks Dec '13, April '14, Nov '14
    Hashimoto's, low AMH, endometriosis, adenomyosis, borderline nk cells

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Little Ted.... yes, the chemist, your GP or medical centre will take it. Glad things are looking up for you. Gathering that the one bub is it? I think that will be the same for us, as it's taken us so long to get one BFP, that I couldn't imagine trying for a second one, as much as I actually always wanted three.

Bbhope... my ANA is actually only 80 titre, but coupled with 6 other immune issues they all add up.

Lulubee.... your story is similar to quite a few women, who had a first child naturally with no problems, and then developed immune issues after that. I don't know what they say is the reason why, though "stress" plays a factor in many other immune issues, such as Grave's Thyroid Disease.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (08-01-2015)