Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Conflicting info. DrM told the other lady in Perth that the most effective time for intralipid is 7--10 days. So which is which?! I mentioned this to G as saturday doesn't always fall in that window. She said that i should just call when I know when the transfer is and figure it out from there. I am still tossing if i should do it. My gut says yes because a small $ to pay if it makes my cycle a successful one. On the other hand, I don't even know if intralipid helps. It didn't last round. Bertie, did u do ivig for your iui cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for the screen shots @Bella978. All makes sense! I haven't read Dr Beer's book but I really like the sound of his approach.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @McG Bertie Thank you!! Neupogen perhaps had built up prior? Thanks for sharing your history. May I ask if you ever had implantation prior to this current pregnancy? And were your embryos PGS? Ta
    Last edited by Fiona2; 06-01-2015 at 18:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... no, this IUI was actually with Intrallipids the week before the IUI. Then I had IVIG the week after getting the BFP. But I had IVIG for the two previous cycles before the IUI, and I do really wonder whether all the immune drugs built up in my body over time. The reason I say this, is that I have, for all of my adult life been afflicted with many, many colds - usually averaging at least 4 or 5 good colds a year. I'd always blamed it on being a school teacher, but a few years back realised that it was only me (and one other teacher) getting colds all the time, and none of the other teachers. I started immune treatment at the beginning of 2014, and roughly had intrallipids (Feb), Intrallipids (May), IVIG (July), IVIG (Sep) and Intrallipids (Nov). In July I had my last cold, and it's now been six months and I haven't even had a sniffle. Very expensive cold medicine, I know!!!

Fiona.... I've never had any implantation at all, until cycle #11 I had a HCG of 3, cycle #12 I had a HCG of 5, and then cycle #13 was the special HCG of 150. Because I've never had any implantation before, not an anything, I really think it's got something to do with the immune drugs building up. I asked Dr M about this last week, and he agreed with me that that's probably the case, but he didn't really elaborate or give other examples that I was looking for. No, I never had my embryos tested - I did 8 cycles with my own eggs, and then 4 cycles with my sister's donor eggs and results were always BFN.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (07-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting, Bertie. I hardly get cold all my life until I started this job which requires me to travel so much. I got cold whenever I travelled internationally. Gosh, i really don't know how to avoid those nasty bacteria and virus in the "metal tube"! It was like 5 colds last year alone. You can understand why I was a bit wary when I had to travel to Sydney for the FET last time.

Aren't the prednisolone, intralipid/ivig supposed to lower your immune response rather than strengthen it? If the former is the case, you should have gotten more cold then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post

Aren't the prednisolone, intralipid/ivig supposed to lower your immune response rather than strengthen it? If the former is the case, you should have gotten more cold then.
    This is what I thought. I work with patients who cough and splutter directly in face (as in, I feel the cough/sneeze droplets land on my face) all day long and this is the first pregnancy (out of my five this past year) that I'm trying Prednisolone/Clexane and *haven't* picked up a nasty virus/ cold! I was expecting the worst as I even swab people on an almost daily occurrence for whooping cough, RSV, and collect blood for measles and all of those other nasties.

What do you ladies think..... I usually rarely EVER get a cold. Like , never.... I've always put it down to working around sick patients for the last 15+ years (including hospitals for some of those years) so I thought my immune system must have just built up along the years on its own. The last 4 pregnancies I've had before this one, I've immediately gotten a really nasty cold/ virus straight away....not just your average sniffle. Do you think it was my body naturally lowering my immunity to be able to accept the embryo and I m/c for some other reason? Or do you think I may have lost the bubs because my immune system went into overdrive to kill the cold/ virus I did happen to pick up and attacked the embryo's at the same time??

Has this been discussed before? What do you ladies think??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I've been awol for days and have just caught up!

I'm on my phone so can't go back to see how the q's started but dr m considers us immune girls high risk as the NK cells can attack at any time during the pregnancy. One other immune lady who isn't on here had a scan late (around 35 or 36 weeks I can't remember which) and the baby had stopped growing, dr m recommended a c section to get bub out as her placenta was under attack.

From memory placenta issues are related to our immune issues and can happen at any time so we need careful monitoring. I don't think it really matters about vag birth compared to c section if the placenta is not being attacked, if it is, then you need to get bub out quickly.

That's my take on it anyway.

Can anyone direct me on where to find info on hla matches and the treatment? Dr m is happy for it to be just intralipids, steroids and neupogen. I'm using neupogen in this next stim so we can get an idea of how it reacts in my body, but I want to go to the next appt before I transfer armed with info in case I think I need lit therapy too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefgirls: I read it on drB book and can scan it in like bella did earlier. Unless someone wants to volunteer as well?

I am curious about your protocol for your next stim with DrM. Can you pls share? I am doing a stim as soon as AF shows. I didn't reconsult with DrM because last try wasn't a fair go. So I am thinking to just stick with his last protocol -- prednisolone, clexane and intralipid. I am curious to know why he adds neopogen. Any idea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of questions for those of you who have done Intralipids during pregnancy.
    -Did you still do the full 500mls of 20% during pregnancy?
    -Did Dr M say anything about the safety of this dose during pregnancy?
    -How often did you have the Intralipids during pregnancy? Did you always have follow up bloods (CD 57etc etc) before getting another infusion or was there another indication for needing an infusion?
    Had a phone consult the other day and if I thought Dr M was hard to hear in the past, this topped it times a hundred! Didn’t really hang up with a clear plan either so now just trying to decide what to do. I’ve only had IVIG in the past so unsure about Intralipids.
    Any info be great! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    A couple of questions for those of you who have done Intralipids during pregnancy.
    -How often did you have the Intralipids during pregnancy? Did you always have follow up bloods (CD 57etc etc) before getting another infusion or was there another indication for needing an infusion?
    Had a phone consult the other day and if I thought Dr M was hard to hear in the past, this topped it times a hundred! Didn’t really hang up with a clear plan either so now just trying to decide what to do. I’ve only had IVIG in the past so unsure about Intralipids.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Hello @ladybug14

I'm nearing the end of my second pregnancy under the treatment of Dr M and used intralipids through both.

Each infusion was the full 500mls of 20% solution. I had infusions at:

Preg #1: before transfer, 5wks,11wks,19wks,26wks
    Preg#2: 5wks, 7wks, 12wks, 18wks,25wks.

About 4 wks after each infusion I would have surface markers (cd57,56,19,8,4) tested and Dr M would decide when my next infusion should be.

Intralipids is perfectly safe. Unlike ivig, it's not a blood product, it's made up mostly of soya oil and egg lecithin. It's basically a Nutritional mix, usually given to patients who are unable to take nutrition by mouth. Somewhere along the line they figured out it could also keep the immune system in check!
    I've never needed or used ivig but my understanding is that it is the big guns, used in more complex cases once Intralipids have been tried without success.

I hope that answers some of your questions. Most treatments are discussed thoroughly in dr Beers book - definitely worth getting hold
    Of a copy. It's like a guidebook of immune issues and treatments, but written in a way those of is who aren't medical professional can understand.

All the best deciding on your treatment.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (08-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (08-01-2015)