Closed Thread
Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Was not my intention to alarm anyone! Sorry if I have. I think it depends on your ob...mine had no idea about immune issues and was happy to be guided by Dr M's suggestions. She does like to induce or deliver IVF bubs by 39wks. That said, I've had IVF friends deliver naturally post dates (even one at 42wks)...the research i'd done and the advice I received led me to make the decisions I did regarding my care. I'd definitely be asking lots of questions so you can make a decision that works best for you.
    My current pregnancy was a natural
    Conception (biggest shock after IVF to conceive DD) but given my immune issues I'm still higher risk so based on advice from Dr M, my OB and Dr Beers book I am choosing a c/s between 38-39wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie, @ladyee and @Scruffy ... congratulations sounds like some good energy for 2015 ... perhaps some miracles ...
    @miissalina thanks for thinking of me ...

Well did a stim round with Genea before Christmas ... now waiting for PGD results ... a little disappointed as we had 8 embies on day 5 and only 3 made it to testing on day 6 ... I guess that is part of the russian roulette of the science ...

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced frustrations with Dr M (apart from waiting over 1.5 hours every time) on my 2nd last visit he assured me he felt I could have a baby but was also infuriated that my FS had offered intralipids - saying that he doesn't just try out treatments but bases his decisions on strong evidence ...

On my last visit he said that a) he did some lasering and a scratch while I had the biopsy - neither of which had been discussed with me ...
    b) that it might be time to think about when to stop
    c) in addition he would suggest iVIG for the next round but would be happy to try intralipids .

... so confusing ... the IVIG is so expensive and the most recent research out of Denmark showed it to have no efficacy ... any good news stories or suggestions for getting myself out of the current funk would be appreciated super ladies! Four years of TTC - 6 IVF's and 4 miscarriages have taken every bit of wind out of my sails ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bella978, does Dr Beer explain why he considers natural delivery with no intervention reckless? I don't have the book and Dr M hasn't said anything to me about natural birth vs c-section. I will ask when I speak to him for sure. I'm hoping if it were an issue he would have said something by now-I'm nearly 21 weeks. Hoping anyway!!
    @Janetb3, you're not alone in your frustrations. But he does know what he's doing and gets results. Hang in there. I know it's so hard to stay positive. Could you ask him about intralipids and neupogen together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ladybug14 I'll take some screen shots of the pages I referred to and post them I think he means extreme - like home birth, or birthing centers where you'd need to be transported to hospital in case of emergency. It will make more sense when you read it.

Definitely chat to dr m about it. I trust that man with my (and my babies) life (after all, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even be a mum!) so feel comfortable with whatever he recommends.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missalina.... my first scan will e next Tuesday 13 Jan, so not long now. I guess for me, as each cycle failed, I investigated more, and tried to put something extra / different in place for the next time. I always believed that if I kept doing the same thing, I would get the same outcome.

Ladybug and Scruffy.... I'm glad there's a bit of discussion going here about natural vs cs for us immune issues, as I wanted to get a few ideas before I go for my next appt with Dr M in two weeks time on the 20th.

Bhope.... I'm not entirely sure why, but some women on here have had 2 x Intrallipids before their transfer - one about three weeks before and one a week before. I'd kind of gathered it was to build up in the system.

Fiona.... I've had IVIG and Intrallipids for my last five cycles (all in 2014):
    #9 Intrallipids before ET - BFN
    #10 Intrallipids before FET - BFN
    #11 IVIG before FET - BFN
    #12 IVIG (+ Neupogen + Dex) before FET - BFN
    #13 Intrallipids (+ Neupogen + Dex) before IUI, then IVIG one week after BFP
    Who can say if anything did the particular trick? Is it because there was a build-up of these immune drugs over the year? Was it the Neupogen and dex that worked (second time!) Dr Beers stats say that 80% of immune women fall pregnant over 2 immune cycles, but I hadn't exhausted all the options until this last cycle. Dr M wouldn't let me do IVIG, Neupgen or Dex at the start, even though I'd discussed it many times with him. He said it wouldn't make any difference for my issues. So did they, or was it something else?

Bella.... thank you SOOOO much for all your input. I've read it and re-read it. This is exactly the type of thing I was looking to hear. Yes, I do have Dr Beer's book, so will go back and re-read parts of it now. My Mum doesn't want to hear about having a CS and when I just mentioned it now to my sister, she was just the same, so I read parts of what you wrote out.

Janet.... yes, you will find Dr M and his practice annoying, but I take a big deep breath and just try to go with the flow. His cash only system is odd / underhanded in this day and age. Not able to claim any of his fees back from Medicare for Intrallipids / IVIG is odd / underhanded, as most doctor bills in hospitals are covered for other ailments. His secretary wouldn't tell me his whole fee for him to be an OB, just the OOP part that I pay directly to him ($2600), and his other part they claim directly from Medicare (whereas all other doctors you pay the whole amount, and then claim back the Medicare part). But that's how he does it. I know Dr M is skeptical about other FSs doing Intrallipids, primarily because they don't follow his same protocols, doses, how it's administered etc.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (06-01-2015),Fiona2  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie I was the first female in my family to give birth by cs. Shock! Horror! I know the kinds of reactions you sometimes get when it's mentioned. I was so reluctant to give up the idea of a VD I called Dr M in tears at 38wks to ask his advice. He said what he'd said to me all along "the ultimate goal is to get your baby here alive and well, keeping you safe also. It doesn't matter how the baby is born." (Keep in mind the decision to deliver me by cs was made due to placenta praevia is rather than immune issues.) Have you chosen an OB yet? I think I saw somewhere you may be considering seeing the same one as @SimpsonDesert and I know she had a normal VD with no issues so it's definitely a possibility.

And for the record I have no regrets about my cs, or having another this time. A family member tried to say to me over Xmas "oh, you're too posh to push again?" But I shut her down mighty fast with some quotes from dr beer and asking her when she'd had the time to study reproductive immunology and obstetrics

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (06-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (06-01-2015),SimpsonDesert  (06-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

Who has done 2x intralipid before transfer? Actually the dr in Perth who does intralipid, mentions two treatments before transfer on the website......I am yet to call Perth de clinic to find out. DrM never does twice or does he? As I said, I read it somewhere that it is important to control the NK cell in the fresh cycle at the start for low responder. grr..not sure where.

+1 didn't like the paying cash part.
    Last edited by bbhope; 06-01-2015 at 12:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... yes, Dr M has done 2xIntrallipids before transfer before, but only just started doing it about 6 months ago. I'm pretty sure it was someone on the Sydney thread who first mentioned it. Remember he used to only do Intrallipids 2-7 days before transfer, but with some of that new research from the US, is happy to do it 2-14 days before transfer now.

Bella... actually Dr M is going to be my OB. I had a list and had started researching who to chose, but when I mentioned about chosing someone familiar with immune issues, Dr M said, no, he is going to be my OB, quoting that he only takes on women with "high risk immune" issues. I was happy to chose my own, but happy also not to have to go over my whole medical history with someone new.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Bertie, you're in the best hands. I'd have loved to have him as mine too but the idea of possibly being in labour and trying to drive 45mins to Hurstville scared me! He was just a bit far away. Looking fwd to following your long awaited pregnancy xox

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-01-2015)