Closed Thread
Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great news @Ladydee!

Hi ladies, before i post on the sydney thread, i am trying to see if any of your ladies can help. We have chosen our donor and will start a cycle in Sydney in about 2 weeks time. The problem is that we are on a very tight budget after forking out first STIM + DH surgery without medicare and PHI last year and then another failed FET. It would be very helpful if we could save some money on the ~2 weeks hotel accommodation. In fact, we only have $ for one STIM. We are looking at $8k out of pocket this cycle. (I don't even know what to do if it fails.....). Any saving will help us in the near future if a back up plan such as FET is needed. If you or your friends/families live close to north shore clinic or an easy train ride to the city and have a room to rent, please PM me. Thank you in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope..... really, sorry but I live in the complete opposite direction. To get to the city from here would be walk to bus (15mins), bus to station (40 mins), wait at station (5-10mins), train to city (1hr), and then if you're going to north shore, then it's another change and wait (10mins) for the train (20mins). Probably 2.5 hours each way. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MGCBertie. I just thought that weekly rental rate is better tha m daily hotel rate. We might have a lead on the airbnb.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

Thanks so much ladies, you're awesome as I know you do "get" how I'm feeling.....my fertile IRL girl-friends are at a complete loss and don't know what to say to me anymore after this "glorious" 2014 I've had and are probably wondering why the heck I keep bothering to try?!
    @bbhope - sorry I'm not in the Sydney area but I agree it's a great idea to search for weekly room rentals. What about student accommodation? Are there any English-second-language schools around that area? My mom is in Brisbane and rents some of her apartments to students who move to Aus to learn better English for a couple of months at a local school. I'm sure something will turn up, goodluck! Xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Great news @Ladydee!

Hi ladies, before i post on the sydney thread, i am trying to see if any of your ladies can help. We have chosen our donor and will start a cycle in Sydney in about 2 weeks time. The problem is that we are on a very tight budget after forking out first STIM + DH surgery without medicare and PHI last year and then another failed FET. It would be very helpful if we could save some money on the ~2 weeks hotel accommodation. In fact, we only have $ for one STIM. We are looking at $8k out of pocket this cycle. (I don't even know what to do if it fails.....). Any saving will help us in the near future if a back up plan such as FET is needed. If you or your friends/families live close to north shore clinic or an easy train ride to the city and have a room to rent, please PM me. Thank you in advance.
    @bbhope - what are your dates?? Maybe even try gumtree for house sitting options as people go away in January and you could house or dog sit .... Just a thought

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope, congrats on finding a donor. That's great news. Fingers crossed it brings you your bfp. Sorry I can't be of any help with Syd accommodation. Air BnB could be a good way to go though.

Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Hopefullyanotherbaby (replied your PM last week). Mid jan-end of Jan. @ladybug14: yes. will try air BnB or other rental place.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

Hi Immune Lovelies,
    Wishing you all a Happy New Year and praying this is 'the year' for all of us

I had some lovely news to start 2015. 3 of my embies were NAD - our best result ever!! Also called the Perth doctor doing Intalipids (thanks for the tip @bbhope) to see if he is doing IVIG as well and the doctor himself answered the phone! Had a great chat and have an appt end of Jan to discuss the plan... Hopefully will save us a heap of money and time flying to Sydney and may be slightly easier to deal with than G

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-01-2015),operationbabyg  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Scruffy, that's excellent news!! What a great way to start the New year. I hope those 3 embies bring you some lovely sticky bfps. When will your first transfer be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy... sounds like a great start to 2015. Good luck.

I am interested in knowing if those with immune issues are planning / had a natural birth or C-section, and what the pros and cons for our immune group are? I know this will be a topic of conversation when I see Dr M in two weeks time, so want to have a few ideas ready. Both him and G mentioned that I am "high risk" and won't go to 40 weeks, but I don't actually know why.

AFM... I had another BT today which is at 29dpo (or 5w6d). My Hcg is 21,000 (slightly more than doubled every 48hrs this week) and progesterone is 140 (slightly dropped since last week, but still very good). I've been feeling a bit "icky" since Tuesday, nothing major, but had wondered whether I was imagining it, but there you go, it's still there. A part of me says I should be ever so happy, but the realistic part says I still have a long way to go until safe. Going away for a week's holiday up the coast, so hopefully I can stop googling for a bit!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Scruffy  (03-01-2015)