Closed Thread
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladybug... yes, I've decided to ring my clinic in the morning and get them to do another BT on Saturday, as that will be half way to the HB scan, and I should be able to hold out then. I've paid enough money to the clinic over the past 3 years, that I think they should be able to do another BT!!!

Precious... thanks for telling me about not POAS anymore. I didn't make a connection that it would still register for a long way afterwards. But thanks for telling me about Dr M and getting him to write BTs for Hcg and P4. I did actually think that that may be the case, since he'd be wanting to know especially what the P4 is, since my FS isn't worried about that.

Boysie.... yes, I am taking Neupogen, and did do a BT for it on Sat, the day after the BFP. I did a pre-Neupogen BT on my last cycle, but didn't bother this time, primarily because I didn't think it would work!! But I will now do it weekly, so that will fit in well if I get Dr M to write me BT referrals.

Frances.... really sorry that your last stim didn't work (or rather, was a total disaster!!). I think the take-home bub is all what we want, and we will love it no matter how we get it. Good luck. Yes, I've been taking Dex and Neupogen, for my last two cycles, and really wonder whether they had an influence on finally getting my BFP.

Also, I bought a new box of Neupogen today for $1200 from David Wilson Chemist in Queen Street, Campbelltown. The pharmacist (Dillan) said his supplier has 8 boxes in stock and I only ordered it yesterday and it arrived today. He also makes my progesterone pessaries (compounding) a box of 60 for $220. I don't think that one's the cheapest price, but it's convenient for me. But he's out of Dex, so I've been getting mine recently from chemists in Camden.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat - I'm so sorry to hear about your cycle, I'm sure it was a hard pill to swallow, even though you sound very upbeat. We moved onto DE's 1 year ago and never looked back, your Mum is right No matter where your baby comes from, you will love it with all your heart and more.

MGC Bertie - I went through the same thing before the HB scan... my GP tried to tell me I didnt need more BT's and that it would stress me. Alright for him to say. I ended up doing BT's every week with the P4, as you need to keep an eye on that as well. Apparently even after the HB scan you should be testing P4, I didnt know that, until a friend told me today.

I've been on Neupogen for nearly 12-13 weeks off and on (some stuff ups sending bloods overseas when I was trialing it) and have only been doing FBC every 2-4 weeks. Dr M didn't tell me to do weekly. Is it important? Last time he was worried about my Liver function from the last test, so maybe I should be sending in FBC weekly?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty.... I only started Neupogen on my last cycle, and ended up only doing the FBC twice - once before starting Neupogen (baseline), the second one a week later. The next week I got the BFN, so didn't do any more. Interestingly, Dr M never commented on whether my FBCs were good, bad or indifferent, though I did get sent copies of them.

This time, I really didn't think the IUI would work so didn't bother doing the FBC at all (though I have been injecting Neupogen). But when I got the BFP on Friday, I thought, oops, better go and do the FBC so Dr M can see what the Neupogen is doing. I'm gathering he can use the baseline FBC from the previous cycle. I will ask him on Saturday.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (26-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat, so sorry to hear the stim cycle didn't go well. It's just plain horrible when you put so much into it. Sounds like you've got some good plans tho-fingers and toes are crossed they work and quickly for you. Sending big hugs- this time of year can be really hard so I hope you're ok.
    @MGC Bertie, glad you're going to do the extra bloods. You'll save yourself the extra worry!
    @Ladydee, if it makes you feel better about the steroids, bub had beautiful big lips on the scan today! No sign of cleft lip. Hope you're going well. When is your first scan?

To all the lovely ladies on here, I wish you all a very merry Christmas. To those celebrating with new additions-congrats and enjoy! Those pregnant-enjoy eating the extra Xmas goodies and hiding them behind the bump! And to those still on the crazy merry-go-round of trying, I hope all your Xmas wishes come true and you're all holding new additions this time next year.
    LBxx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (26-12-2014),Ladydee  (24-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #6

@ladybug14 - congratulations on the your scan, those 3D ones are amazing huh?! My niece actually looked like my sister during her one. Did you do anything majorly different this cycle which you feel got you over the line?? Thanks for the extra bit of reassurance also....all of you ladies have made me feel heaps better about my dosage. I had my first scan earlier than the usual 7/8 week one because of Christmas so I had it last Tuesday at 6+1 and bub was measuring spot on with a heart beat Big fat phew!!! I've had my losses up until 11 weeks so there's still a looong way to go but, that's another big milestone ticked off the list! Next scan is at 8+3 the Thursday after next.....trying not to think too much about it. As long as bub is chromosomal-y ok, I think (hope!) we miiiight be in with a chance now that we're on the steroid/Clexane mix as well as Wazza's other med-tinkering. Can't say I'll be sad to see the end of 2014!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee... that's wonderful news about your scan - how exciting. And not too long until the next scan either.

AFM.... third BT results are in, with Hcg level of 2300 (23dpo). My FS rang himself again with the results, and said it is "bang on where it should be." I'd already done the maths though, and thought if it was doubling from my 2nd BT then it should have been about 4500, so though I am quietly happy that I am still pregnant, I'm still guarded. Going off some googled Hcg tables, I have:
    - 1st BT on 15dpo was 155 (high end of range 17-147)
    - 2nd BT on 18dpo was 780 (high end of range 70-758)
    - 3rd BT on 23dpo is 2300 (range is 506-4660, so slightly above the average 2034)
    Well, I've promised myself now that once a week BTs will be fine, so let's see how I go making it through the next week!!

Also, I hadn't heard from the hospital about IVIG today, so luckily I rang them this morning, as they're not doing it today (Saturday), but instead tomorrow (Sunday), so I had to make a few frantic phonecalls to move things around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah, spoke too soon. I'm bleeding It's a first for me as I usually don't start bleeding until after stopping the Progesterone support even after finding out the heartbeat has stopped. Annnnd it's a Sunday tomorrow so I have no one to talk to... don't even know if I should inject Clexane tomorrow morning if I don't fully miscarry tonight? This will be my 5th loss in a row this year....I wonder how many more I can go through before completely losing my mind? Over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee... oh no, I can't believe that, not after you'd just posted news of last Tuesday's HB looking so good. Is there nothing you can do? Maybe ring or go into the ED? I just don't understand how it can be right one minute and not the next? You poor thing :-((

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Gah, spoke too soon. I'm bleeding It's a first for me as I usually don't start bleeding until after stopping the Progesterone support even after finding out the heartbeat has stopped. Annnnd it's a Sunday tomorrow so I have no one to talk to... don't even know if I should inject Clexane tomorrow morning if I don't fully miscarry tonight? This will be my 5th loss in a row this year....I wonder how many more I can go through before completely losing my mind? Over it.
    @Ladydee dr m usually prescribes extra progesterone and stopping clexane and bed rest. Are you one of his patients? If he is doing ivig at Hurstville private tmw you cd call there and ask them to get him to call you?

It might just be a hematoma. A few ladies have had that while on clexane. Don't give up hope yet xxxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee, I second what Chiefsgirl said. I bleed at around 8 weeks and thought it was all over. Turned out to be a hematoma. I stopped clexane and went on bedrest as per Dr M's instructions. Up your progesterone too. I was on up to 1600mg/day. I hope it's nothing to worry about and all is ok.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (27-12-2014)