Closed Thread
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Hi Girls,

PreciousHeart, so sorry it didn’t work for you. To see if you have ademonoysis is with an MRI, if you are in Adelaide you should be able to have both tests through Repromed saving you a trip to Sydney.

MGCBertie, I hope you’re waiting it out patiently. I didn't go through any immune stuff with CFC (I did send them all my results though) as I knew that this was the view of the clinic. I did however book in for Intrilipids with them and they did it with no questions asked, although it is only 6 days before transfer. Not too worried about this as I'm having one before I go to SA.

AFM: I had an appointment with Dr M last week to go through the Neupogen dosage. What a waste of $150….All he said was there’s 300 units in a bottle so divide it by 5…Gees thanks for that! If I hadn’t read it on here previously I would have no clue that I need to draw 20 or .2 with the syringe, so thanks girls. I was quite frustrated with him (MGC I have felt your pain), firstly I couldn’t hear him properly, secondly I sent him my NKC CD57 results from the other week and he said he never received them, so I read them out to him saying its now 15mm2, hence its dropped dramatically. He said “no it hasn’t, last time it was 16mm2”. I said that was after several months on Pred and Dex, it was originally 50mm2 without medication. I wanted to ask him why would it reduce by that much, but I was so frustrated I didn’t ask him anything else. I then proceeded
    to ask him for a letter to travel on a plane with needles and neuprogen that needs a refrigeration cooler bag and he said he wouldn't do it as you don't need a letter, "just show them the box and they have any queries they can call the pharmacy" are you kidding me! I have lost all faith in the medical profession.

My protocol is:

Diabex - twice a day (although I only take once)
    Dex – three weeks before transfer (he didn’t give me a dosage so I’ll go with 1.5 then 2 after transfer)
    Clexane – 40mg twice a day (morn & night)
    Intrilipids – first one is 3 weeks before transfer, second one is a week before transfer
    Neupogen – one week before transfer, a fifth of a bottle!

Can anyone confirm if I don’t take Neupogen on the day I have an Intrilipid? I vaguely recall reading this in a past post (I think).

Oh, I saw Dr M on the weekend and he's agreed for me to do neupogen during my stim phase, he just told me to divide the vial into 5 equal syringes. He didn't say anything about .2 or anything. Should I be worried? If the vial is 300mcg and I'm dividing by 5 then that would be 60mcg of dose wouldn't it? Not 20 Do I need to ask for any specific needles?

Also, I think someone said they got it at Campbelltown but I've searched and can't find the name of the pharmacy, does anyone remember where that was? Gwyn just told me to ring around. AF is due next week and then I'll start injecting a couple of weeks after that (doing an AACP this time)so I better pull my finger out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Cheifsgirl, don't worry about all the neupogen calculations going round. It really is as simple as dividing it into 5 needles! I used the 1ml diabetic needles-they come in a pack of 10. Good luck with the upcoming cycle.
    @McGBertie, fingers and toes are still crossed for you today!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl.... yes, I got Neupogen from "Pharmasave" in Macarthur Square for $1400. It's the chemist on the ground floor, right in the middle of the centre. It only took one day to order it in, and they'll sell you the box of 100 syringes too (you can buy them in packs of 10, or the box of 10 packs of 10). There are 10 x 1ml vials in the box, so each 1ml vial divided by 5 is 0.2ml. However, my DH actually found that there was a little more than 1ml per vial, so it worked out about 0.22ml per syringe. Somebody else on here got it somewhere else in Sydney for $1350, but probably not worth the effort to travel for $50.

AFM.... everyone, you're not going to believe it but I am PREGNANT!!!!!! Yes, it's a BFP!!!! No, I'm not joking. My Hcg level is 150 (19dpo or 19dp when I had the IUI). My FS called me himself, and I knew by looking at the number that it was his desk and not the nurses (trust him to get to make the BFP calls and leave the nurses usually to make the BFN calls!!)

Anyhow, after he told me, all I could blurt out was, "Are you sure?" He says yes, but still all I say again is, "Are you actually sure?" Then I broke down crying, but thankfully I was at my Mum's so she did the rest of the talk with him (!!!). Strangely he said that my progesterone level is also 150, so she queried that both numbers were the same, but he just said that anything above 50 is good. I go for next BT on Monday. He did say, not to get too excited, as many people miscarry - I know that, but gee thanks!!

So what did I do different this time than the previous 12 failed IVF cycles? I didn't bother to eat pineapple core, I didn't do acupuncture, I didn't go for any exercise and have been a lazy bum, I ate soft cheese and I ate a lot of chocolate everyday for the whole two weeks!!! On the positives, I think having Intrallipids / IVIG over the past 6 months have built up in my system, my dosage of Dex was increased by half and by not having a transfer, there was no chance of my uterus going into a spasm, but rather the embryo found it's own place to implant.

And yes, I've been shaking my head all afternoon, as I really have no symptoms. I would have only have had a couple of slight twinges, no different to twinges that I get all the time, during a cycle or not, it's always the same. So there you go, no symptoms mean nothing.

I rang G to see what the next plan with Dr M is. She said he may increase some doses and will book in an IVIG, but it's been three hours so am thinking I'll have to call her again. I know the IVIG wouldn't be tomorrow (Sat) and more likely in a week, so probably won't fuss now until Monday when I know the level of the second BT.

Thank you everyone who has given me such support and encouragement every step of the way. I know that I just have to take each day as it comes now, but I couldn't have done it without everyone on here.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (22-12-2014),Chiefsgirl  (21-12-2014),Janetb3  (21-12-2014),ladybug14  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH MY GOD MGC BERTIE!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I nearly fell off the chair when I read your post!!!! I'm so excited for you, well done you, WOW WOW WOW, your FS must be in complete shock How amazing, what a wonderful Christmas miracle for you... hang tight, I hope everything goes up up up from here. So happy for you, I can completely understand you bursting into tears, I wouldn't expect anything less!!! how wonderful Bertie, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just shows what intuition can do doesn't it???
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 19-12-2014 at 17:35.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (19-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!! Bertie that's amazing amazing amazing news!!! I did a little jump for joy when I saw the congrats from Precious pop up! Can't stop smiling I'm so happy for you!!! Merry Christmas to you hey!!!! Wooohoooooooo!!!!!
    Ps enjoy the lack of symptoms-once they hit you you'll be dreaming about not having your head in the loo! Great you'll have school holidays to get you through the first few weeks too.
    I'll stop dribbling now-just so so happy for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGCBertie GET OUTTA TOWN!!!!! Massive congratulations I can't believe it's finally happened for you couldn't be happier for you.
    I think you mentioned you've never had implantation so this is completely amazing I bet you can't stop smiling 😊
    I've been feeling really crap lately thinking negatively about it never working but hearing this has but some light back into my goal
    Ahhhhh congrats just can't say enough so I'll stop now hehe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PreciousHeart... yes, my FS was shocked, but not that I spoke to him too much. But I heard Mum saying to him the same thing, about being amazed that it worked. When I finally composed myself, and got back on the phone to him, I asked what did he think made the difference this time. His words were something along the line of, "For someone who has persevered for so many times, then it's bound to work eventually." Great lot of science in that!!

Ladybug.... yes, I got the news when I'd stopped at my Mum's house on the way to my work luncheon. Then I had to go to the luncheon, turned up late because of the phonecall (so had to make an excuse saying I had to stop and get blood test results - well, that was true!!), I had red eyes from the crying (but thankfully I have Grave's eye disease, so my eyes are often bad!!) and then had to sit there while people made pregnant jokes about a couple of us who love our chocolate too much!! Lol!!

Miissalina.... yes, I've never had a BFP before. My last two cycles were close... OK I don't know about close, but they had HcG levels of 3 and 5 respectively, which kind of indicated that something tried to happen. But I like 150 much more!! I'm actually trying to stay as calm as possible, and not get too excited. Just as well the next week will be busy with parties, last minute Christmas shopping and wrapping presents, so hopefully I won't google too much in these early days :-))

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Boysiewantsabub  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, oh my god, I had tears in my eyes reading your news....Congratulations
    Take it in and enjoy every second. Funny how we take things back To basics and somehow it
    Just happens (as well as your perseverance). And you know what I have a feeling your pregnancy will be as smooth as a babies bum, you made it over the hard bit implantation.....go girl

Chiefs, yes the syringe and vial are in different measurements, thats why it makes it so confusing. Stock up on your Dex so you don't run out when you need it, with the short supply at the moment.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodmorning ladies I have posted a while ago and have been reading on and off since then but I was wondering if I could please get your opinions/knowledge on something??

Firstly....congratulations @MGC Bertie!!! What fantastic news, I wish you the most boring, drama-free next 8 months

I'll try and keep it short.....I started my HRT FET with my current FS and then got a cancelled-appointment call to go and see Wazza (Dr DeAmbrosis). Yay!!! As I was on my 4th miscarriage this past year, I wanted to swap straight to him to shake things up and give myself a chance but as it's around Christmas and more so because I had already started my cycle, Wazza suggested staying with my current FS for the transfer but to follow his drug plan instead. He pretty much just upped everything I was on, has got me taking things for longer and added in some supplements and a couple of more prescribed things.

Anyway, I have *unbelievably* got my 5th BFP for this year! I definitely thought I was due for a straight out BFN but, there ya go.....the entire 2013 was spent full of BFN's, then I've spent the entire 2014 pregnant or miscarrying. W.T.F??!

My question is that my current FS has me trying Prednisone 25mg (and Clexane of course) for the first time ever from my fake HRT "ovulation day" until Transfer Day so, 5 days total. Wazza looked at what I was taking and made a comment that that was a high dosage and thought about it for a moment before telling me to stay on the same dosage but to start on CD2 and keep taking it daily until a BFN (then wean off) or until 12 weeks of pregnancy (weaned off). I think Wazza's usual recommended dosage is 10mg. Now that I'm definitely pregnant, I'm not too sure what to think about this high dosage?? Has anyone else heard of anyone taking 25mgs of Prednisone up until 10/12 weeks of pregnancy and were their babies ok?? I'm not even actually diagnosed with high NK cells so I'm freaking out a little about the small cleft palate possibility as I seem to always be in the unlucky rare statistics with things.....

Thanks ladies xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee, congrats on the pregnancy. I hope this is your sticky bean. I'm under Dr Matthias's care and was on 25mg of prednisolone (after swapping from dexamethasone 1.5mg at 7-8 weeks) until 16 weeks. I've been slowly weaning down and am now on 10mg at 18 weeks. I'm to stay on 10mg until at least 20 weeks. We have our morphology scan on Xmas eve so I can tell you then if there are any obvious clefts-so far though there has been no indication of any problems and our last scan at 16+4 was very detailed and in 3D for parts. I know it's hard not to stress about all of the side effects/risks etc but they are small and for me I'd rather take those risks than any that might mean I risk losing this bub. Good luck with your decisions.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (20-12-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)