Closed Thread
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Sagi, I hear you re Dr M and the neupogen consult!!! Wow that's great your CD57 have gone down that much, it's a shame you didn't ask him how or why that can happen... I have them at 30mm2 and am interested to do a biopsy again to see if they have changed... basically I really don't want to take any more dex if I can avoid it... I booked in to have a bone density test as I'm worried about having been on it for the most part of 6 months now with only about two breaks of 3 weeks due to all the weaning off etc. If your bone density has reduced to a certain level my GP said you have to take some kind of medication for the rest of your life to stop further bone loss... and I was only alerted to test it by a pharmacist I got the dex from... not Dr M, not GP, not FS. So I'm hoping it will be fine. Just a note to everyone, you should get yours tested too especially if you've been on and off steroids for several cycles. I'm also getting my fasting blood sugar tested to check on any diabetes signs from dex. FUN.

With the neupogen Miss Sagi, I know you shouldn't take it on the same day as IVIG but I'm really not sure about intralipid... I forgot the first time and took it same day as IVIG and DR M said don't worry about it, but there was nothing to be done anyway so who knows. Can't believe he didn't give you a dex dose! I do find that I have to lead the way and bring things up a lot. Doesn't give you the confidence you want in the whole process does it?!!

I live in Sydney so will have MRI here... Repromed nurse called me today after she asked Dr T what I should do and he said MRI, so I got my GP to send me a referral in the post. No idea how much it costs or what the risks are... do you? have you been tested with an MRI? No one is telling me to do it, just me as my FS said a scan mentioned possible adenomyosis but that's all I've got to go on really so it could be completely unnecessary.

You must be really looking fwd to SA, you will have quite an adventure there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quick reply. @MissSagi. I asked for a letter last time and it was G who wrote it not DrM. It isn't even a letter but an email with DrM name, address, phone number underneath it. I dont' know how it works internationally, though. Because I think you aren't allowed to bring so many needles and ices on an international flight but i would be curious to know!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PH, better to do the test to eliminate. the MRI costs around $330, no Medicare rebate. You're given an injection to keep your bowels still (apparently they move all the time). Then you're in it for about 20mins. As for side affects, not sure, I think it's radiation and they tell you you may have slightly blurry eye sight for 30mins after because of the injection, but it was only slight.
    PS. MRI is loud as hell, even with headphones and music on!

Gees, I was basically on Pred or Dex for nearly 9mths. Good to know about the bone density, although I did take magnesium and calcium while on it....so thanks.

BB, thanks for the info. Most people on the SA forum have said they've never been asked or had to show their letters so I'm hoping I'll be ok. For medical reasons you can take needles and ice packs and i've spent $88 on a cooler bag with special ice packs to keep it at fridge temperature for 24hrs, so they better allow it.
    Last edited by Miss Sagi; 17-12-2014 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi.... no, you don't need to stop Neupogen (or any other meds for that matter) on day of transfer, if you take them at night. I clarified this a while back, and the only ones that should not be taken on day of transfer is aspirin and clexane, but only if you take them in the morning. If you take them at night, then all fine. Yes, a component of IVIG is actually neupogen (you can see why IVIG and Neupogen are both expensive!!), but Dr M said it doesn't matter to have both, it's not like you can have too much.

My Dex dosage this time has been 2x0.5 before FET and 3x0.5 from FET, but I have read on here others take 4x0.5 from FET (hehe, I'd already decided that if this IUI doesn't work, then I'm going to up my Dex dosage for when I go to SA in March).

As for a medical letter, I have always got my GP to list everything, including tablets and things, but yes, do try to have everything in original packaging, though it's always tempting to take things out of packaging to conserve space.

AFM..... I went to chemist #6 today to get more Dex, as I've used up the supplies now in the other 5 local chemists!! This one had 4 bottles, but would only sell me two, saying he wanted to keep some for another person. He then proceeded to be nosey, asking if I'm having chemo, and when I just replied "no", he then said, "so what's it for?" So I said "fertility", even though I was annoyed he was asking me questions at all. He then continues on "oh, so how does that work?" and then "is it working?" OMG!!! I was happy to get two bottles from him, but I won't be going back there again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering if ivf drs will hand over all medical records so I can take them for treatment overseas? Have any of you received everything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can ask the clinic. I was very close in moving on to a different clinic a week ago while waiting on the impossible donor list in Sydney. I have a copy of all important tests. No prob here. As for the detailed info of each cycle and med dosage, I was planning to just write a page summary. That's what I did to drM last time. I don't want the clinic knowing that I am thinking about switching because who knows someone on the donor list might come up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @McG Bertie, best of luck for Friday. Will have fingers and toes crossed for you. Don't stress over lack of symptoms-it means nothing!
    @Miss Sagi, sorry I can't help with neupogen and intralipids. Only know you don't do both on IVIG day.
    @operationbabyg, you're legally entitled to your medical records. I had to fill out a request form, pay $30 and got them all. It did take about 3 weeks. It was a huge package!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck, Bertie!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Bertie!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post: