Baby shower ideas | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby shower ideas

Just want to compile a list of the best baby shower ideas people might have, whether it's a theme you loved? Something you enjoyed at yours? I'd love to know about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    We had a 'book' baby shower. Everyone who came bought their favourite book and wrote a message for DD in the front cover. These books will be cherished forever. We loved it! For us, our baby shower was about celebrating. We didn't need anything so we just asked for sentimental books.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's such a great idea!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look on Pinterest, so many ideas on there :-)

Me -26 DH - 28+ Baby Vee coming 16/3/15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have looked on pinterest just interested to here from people what they loved about theirs or one they have been too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fair enough :-) I've seen a couple of baby showers where people decorated onesies or wrote messages on disposable nappies, they look like fun :-)

Me -26 DH - 28+ Baby Vee coming 16/3/15

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm going to buy blank wooden blocks and all different sharpies and write the alphabet on them and get people to decorate them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this idea so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    We had a 'book' baby shower. Everyone who came bought their favourite book and wrote a message for DD in the front cover. These books will be cherished forever. We loved it! For us, our baby shower was about celebrating. We didn't need anything so we just asked for sentimental books.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I held a shower for one of my friends last year.
    We went to a winery and had nibblies and played games like:

Wrapping soft toys in muslin wraps and you have to each nurse your toy for as long as possible- the person still correctly holding the baby the longest wins.

A "whats in your handbag" game with various points awarded for objects depending on how common they were. Highest score wins.

Writing out guesses about the baby's stats: DOB, weight, length, time born, sex, name and a well wish for the baby.

Writing a funny or inspiring message on a disposable nappy each to help with the middle of the night changes.

There were a few others that I can't remember too. Prizes were a bottle of nail polish, an emery board and a small chocolate all tied together and winners could choose their colour from a big selection (bought at big w on sale).

Gifts I made a nappy cake with some wraps, face washers, small toys and some chocolates for mum. A gorgeous nappy bag that I was seriously envious of and a few handy bits and pieces like thermometer and large bibs etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For my second baby shower I held a 'world's biggest morning tea' and everyone donated to the cancer council instead of buying gifts. We just had lots of yummyness, tea and coffee. It was perfect

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

amyd  (30-08-2015),babyno1onboard  (30-08-2015)