+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I'd leave home wrecker in the laundry. No way would I be cat sitting an undesexed male - why is he not desexed anyway? There's a massive unwanted kitten problem so its irresponsible to not desex pets. I'd tell ex DP you will never be having this cat back while he's undesexed, and in the meantime he can live in the laundry.

We have two cats and when they first arrived in the house (at different times), they lived in the laundry while they and the other pets got used to each other and sniffed out each other from under the door. Worked a treat.
    I'm well aware - that's why mine are desexed and indoor only cats.

So far my plan is to leave him where he is as long as he's comfortable and as long as my cats are still settled.

He won't be coming back, but I also won't boot him out with nowhere to go. It's not his fault.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he's staying for a couple of weeks it might be worth seeing if any of the local vet clinics will hire you a Feliway dispenser. It's like a plug in air freshener but it dispenses pheromones. We used to hire them out and make people buy the refill from us. May reduce your girls stress levels. Also keep an eye on her litter tray use - stress can cause urinary infections and crystals in cats. Crystals are less of a problem in female cats but no one wants an infection. Same signs as people - frequent, small urinating and blood in urine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    If he's staying for a couple of weeks it might be worth seeing if any of the local vet clinics will hire you a Feliway dispenser. It's like a plug in air freshener but it dispenses pheromones. We used to hire them out and make people buy the refill from us. May reduce your girls stress levels. Also keep an eye on her litter tray use - stress can cause urinary infections and crystals in cats. Crystals are less of a problem in female cats but no one wants an infection. Same signs as people - frequent, small urinating and blood in urine.
    We have two litter boxes, but I'll be getting another one while he's here. I'll keep an eye on that, thankyou :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That feliway stuff works a treat. We sprayed it for my cats when we moved house.