+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Regular periods after mirena IUD removal

Hey! I had the mirena IUD for around 2.5 years, and had it removed in October 2013 (not TTC). It has been roughly a year now and my periods are a bit over the place, every 5 or 6 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with IUD removal and if it's normal for me to still be experiencing irregular periods. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What was your cycle beforr the mirena? I had mine in for the full 5 years and had it removed to ttc. I've always had a long cycle of 35 days. I never had a problem my body just went straight back to a 35 day cycle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

kaisenna  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't keep track of my periods before the mirena, but noticed it to be on a regular basis. Its just so varied atm, like every 4, 5 or 6 weeks. But maybe I just have a long cycle then, I have been tracking it for the past year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had the copper iud removed and my first period was over 2 weeks late, but the one after that was normal 29 days. The copper iud has no hormones so it may just take longer for your body to get back to normal from the mirena because of the hormones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my mirena removed in December and my gyno said my periods should continue on their normal cycle- well 1 week later it came and now 35 days and some cramps but no period- very frustrating!!
    We'd like to start ttc #2 in a few months but hard to track anything with irregularities like this!
    I used to be bang on 28 days so ttc #1 was easy... looks like it won't be with #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the Mirena for the full 5yrs. Before that I was on the pill (put on it due to severely heavy and longish periods). I've always had regular periods and that didn't change with the Mirena- every month like clockwork! After it was removed I was on the pill again for 2months then went off to TTC. The first 2months off were terrible- I ended up in hospital the 1st time due to suspected MC (apparently just a typical side effect of Mirena removal that the doctor failed to mention). Since then my period has been regularish but it is lighter than I have ever had in my life and a couple of days shorter- I barely use anything now! So after 16months TTC we're starting the process to see a FS.
    I've read a lot of stories from women who have had irregular periods for a few months and then gone back to "normal" and also a lot who, like me, seem to have a lot of issues after removal. It really does seem to depend on the person and the only advice I can give is to listen to your body. If you think something is wrong then the best thing you can do is talk to your doctor about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BonTal For This Useful Post:

kaisenna  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with TTC #2 BonTal.
    I just had my Mirena taken out, had regular pulsing pain with it in my back and abdomen. Will see how it goes without it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kaisenna For This Useful Post:

BonTal  (01-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with TTC # 2 Bellamore....temperature charting worked a treat with me both times learning when you're ovulating. Every morning before you get out of bed, bit of a pain at beginning but i found it helpful as I learnt bang on when I was ovulating. And it is free.....just a thermometer!