+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu11 View Post
    After being warned not to leave DD as a newborn on the lounge alone, I did for a moment and she fell onto the cold, hard tiles. Lesson learnt! Gosh did I feel awful and silly for doing so.
    I had something similar happen.. A friend asked if she had been "dropped or fell off" something and I was horrified and like OMG NO!

A week later I put her on our brand new leather lounge next to me and she rolled off! I was sitting right next to her and I cried so much.

I took her straight to the Dr and made my husband come home to settle me down.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wissa For This Useful Post:

debsch  (21-11-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hmm where to start?

I've clipped baby fingers- I think it was ds2.

Dropped ds1 head first on the floor- not from a great height but the impact was enough to make such a noise for my sister who was outside to come back in.

Dropped dd out of my rather high bed when she was a few weeks old as I ha fallen asleep and obviously forgot about her.

Burnt dd was the hot seatbelt clips and left a nasty burn mark on her arm.

Turned my back on my boys as try played on their swing set only to have ds1 fall off and hit his head on the way down. He had to go to emergency and get glued up for that one.

Forgotten to change a nappy when the boys had some nasty gastro which resulted in really bad nappy rash.

... Need I go on?!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

debsch  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I left ds on the bed and he rolled off. My instincts warned me not to but I did it anyway!
    I let dd feed me a biscuit and I bit her finger.
    I spoon fed dd hot rice straight out of the cooker forgetting to cool it down first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

debsch  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just last week I scratched my 2yo DDs face twice and then closed a door completely on two of her fingers

I took her to the dr for the fingers as she was inconsolable after it happened. I thought she was crying because I wouldn't let her come into the toilet with me. Huge mummy guilt there!!!

There have been heaps of others with my 2 DSs and more with DD....sure there is more to come too lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SK2BC For This Useful Post:

debsch  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This just reminded me of when dd was playing in her highchair near the fridge. I didn't realize her finger was near the side of the fridge door so I closed it and squished her finger. She cried just a little so I guess it wasn't too serious.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

debsch  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SK2BC View Post
    I thought she was crying because I wouldn't let her come into the toilet with me. Huge mummy guilt there!!!
    Same here. I thought he was crying because he didn't want his hair cut. Until I saw blood. Then we were both crying. I raced him to the bathroom to clean up the blood. Then opened a drawer for cotton pads and he stopped crying - I could almost hear him thinking "Oooo a drawer I haven't explored before! Oooo look at that.... " So must not have been that bad.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

Funnels  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Too many times have I smacked ds's head into a door frame when carrying him to bed as a sleeping infant. Poor child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too clipped DS' finger while doing his nails... then I did it again 2 days ago
    I clipped a peg on toy onto his stomach instead of his high chair strap and it took me ages to figure out what I had done.
    And the icing on the cake was when I opened a door full force without realising he was behind it and sent him flying backwards.
    Hmmm, he's a resilient lil fella ain't he! No serious injuries because of anything I've done.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app